Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2016, 15:44   #106

Re: Another Fiat - The Restoration of a 1956 Millicento

Ilangop - the engine is aligned to the longitudinal axis, but I will recheck the same. There is enough space for the radiator - we had managed to mount it without issues. I did want to fit an AC, but given the delays so far, have de-prioritized it for now. Will take your suggestion to change the fan

The carb is Mikuni - is Hitachi better ? If yes, would it be available ? Hadnt checked on the tie-rod - will do that as well and post back

On your point with respect to stocking the parts - a very valuable learning. Though have not started thinking on my next project, it is something that I will definitely incorporate
Old 10th October 2016, 17:58   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgopk View Post
Ilangop - the engine is aligned to the longitudinal axis, but I will recheck the same. There is enough space for the radiator - we had managed to mount it without issues. I did want to fit an AC, but given the delays so far, have de-prioritized it for now. Will take your suggestion to change the fan

The carb is Mikuni - is Hitachi better ? If yes, would it be available ? Hadnt checked on the tie-rod - will do that as well and post back

On your point with respect to stocking the parts - a very valuable learning. Though have not started thinking on my next project, it is something that I will definitely incorporate
IIRC, Behram Sir had mentioned that its not a good idea to put an AC in these cars as the engine has only 3 main bearings and it will cause overloading and premature wear.
Old 11th October 2016, 21:47   #108

Autocrat - is that the case for an 118NE engine as well (I have replaced the original engine and gearbox with that of 118NE) ?
Old 12th October 2016, 09:01   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgopk View Post
Autocrat - is that the case for an 118NE engine as well (I have replaced the original engine and gearbox with that of 118NE) ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
IIRC, Behram Sir had mentioned that its not a good idea to put an AC in these cars as the engine has only 3 main bearings and it will cause overloading and premature wear.
Gautham, 118 (N)issan (E)ngine is a 5 bearing engine. So loading it with an AC compressor is not a problem. Vgopk has to just take care of the space available between fan and the front grill and optimally adapt a condenser and a slim radiator.
ilangop is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks