Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2011, 14:36   #106
BHPian

re: Hyderabad, 1959 Chevrolet Impala

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Dear Fellow Bhpians,
there is a place near Bangalore, a town called Ramnagaram on the road to Mysore where there are quite a few Impalas/Plymouths being abused in the most lousy way as taxis and goods carriers. If anyone of you with the resources and interest can rescue even one of them it would be a great service to our car heritage.
I had been to a Banglore/Mysore/Ooty trip with the family well over a decade back and yes, I remember on the way to Mysore I saw some Plymouths being used as taxis etc. Amazing to know that they are still plying. I wonder how they manage the spares etc.
Old 12th January 2011, 08:50   #107
BHPian

Its such a pity i couldn't see her in live, at that too in such a pristine condition! there is an Chevrolet (dont know the exact model but it doesn't have the same bat winged rear) parked near my house at it is left to rot in rain and sun will upload the pics today evening. Hope the wizened lot here could help me identify it.
Old 13th January 2011, 13:12   #108
BHPian

These are the pics that were in my Pc. Have to get some decent pics
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad, 1959 Chevrolet Impala-13012011477.jpg  

Hyderabad, 1959 Chevrolet Impala-13012011478.jpg  

Old 13th January 2011, 13:49   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclero View Post
These are the pics that were in my Pc. Have to get some decent pics
Chevrolet Impala 1965, originally to have been a Mumbai car because of the MRC registration. Top has been cut, must have been a wedding car. Wonder if it still has its original engine + gearbox.

Cheers harit
Old 13th January 2011, 18:15   #110
Senior - BHPian

Harit. Do check out the name of the villa behind the car ! Yours ?
wasif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2011, 19:42   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Harit. Do check out the name of the villa behind the car ! Yours ?

Well this was in navodaya nagar,srinagar colony.

And wasif bhai i definitely would like to visit Mr.Pappi singh's stable if you could be kind enough to get me an intro or his mail id. I will be very grateful.
Old 15th January 2011, 14:46   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And wasif bhai i definitely would like to visit Mr.Pappi singh's stable if you could be kind enough to get me an intro or his mail id. I will be very grateful.
Can't do that since its been ages since i met him and I also don't have his contact info. But if those bikes you saw are in the underground parking of a building in Raniganj opp the Sundaram Motors place then ask there as he has an office / dealership selling pumps etc in the same building, atleast did !
Old 15th January 2011, 15:23   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Acclero,
He has a heavy equipment shop at Ranigunj like Wasif said, and right there is his collection of 50+ Nortons. Thats why he is known as 'Norton Singh'. Give him my reference..Fazal, (owner of the silver Triumph).
Regards,
Old 15th January 2011, 19:58   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Can't do that since its been ages since i met him and I also don't have his contact info. But if those bikes you saw are in the underground parking of a building in Raniganj opp the Sundaram Motors place then ask there as he has an office / dealership selling pumps etc in the same building, atleast did !
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Acclero,
He has a heavy equipment shop at Ranigunj like Wasif said, and right there is his collection of 50+ Nortons. Thats why he is known as 'Norton Singh'. Give him my reference..Fazal, (owner of the silver Triumph).
Regards,

Wasif bhai yes i remember seeing a shop selling pumps and it had Norton written on the board its name was vashuram or something will go back and check it out. Thank you

Fazal saab Thank you will definitely go down there and use ur reference.
Old 9th July 2012, 17:42   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Dear Friends,

Since long wanted to share with you, this 1959 Chevrolet Impala, RHD, automatic, 6 in-line, which has been in my family since early 70's.
Belonged to my late maternal uncle and presently owned by his son (my cousin). Still remember my first ride, the day my uncle bought it.

Most original...color, upholstery, carpet, engine, you name it.
Done about 28 thousand on the odometer. Carburetor misplaced and tyres need replacement.
Its better late than never !!!

Fazal Sahab.. Lucknow se aadaab !

What a beauty and what a lucky day it has turned out to be for me that i stumbled over this thread. A truly cared for beauty. One word sir.. subhaan allah !!!

Hope the present owner is taking good care of it

Last edited by karlosdeville : 9th July 2012 at 19:58. Reason: incomplete reference; removing entire quote
Old 9th July 2012, 20:27   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilalsyed View Post
Its better late than never !!!

Fazal Sahab.. Lucknow se aadaab !

What a beauty and what a lucky day it has turned out to be for me that i stumbled over this thread. A truly cared for beauty. One word sir.. subhaan allah !!!

Hope the present owner is taking good care of it
Syed Sahab,

Thanks for your kind appreciation.

Yes, it definitely was the best specimen in India, no wonder it went and bagged the first place in "Preservation Class" at the Concourse De Elegance, Auto show held at New Delhi last year.

Surely the present owner will take care of it, as we did make sure who it was going to.

Regards,
Old 18th July 2012, 16:10   #117
BHPian

Fazal saab, came across the thread and brought back my childhood memories. As someone mentioned before, there were a beeline of Red Impala's near the Nizam College, which were some of the first cars I remember as a child traveling on that way.

This is the best conditioned Impala I've ever seen, and makes me proud since it's from Hyd. Thanks for sharing this hidden Kohinoor.
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 12:54   #118
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad, 1959 Chevrolet Impala

I saw something special fill my rear view mirror up yesterday. Excitedly jumped out of the car and spotted this Impala roaring toward me. Turns out, a friend was driving it. He spent 4 years restoring her . Looks so good and so beautiful in person.

Couldn't take a u-turn and had to drive to the other end of the lane to turn her around. The biker you see around the beauty was the 'bodyguard', keeping other vehicles at a safe distance from the ship .

So big that it won't fit in his building. Going to be parked at his factory premises.

Hyderabad, 1959 Chevrolet Impala-20160911-14.44.00.jpg

Hyderabad, 1959 Chevrolet Impala-20160911-14.45.01.jpg

Hyderabad, 1959 Chevrolet Impala-20160911-14.45.02.jpg

Hyderabad, 1959 Chevrolet Impala-20160911-14.46.17.jpg

Hyderabad, 1959 Chevrolet Impala-20160911-14.46.181.jpg
GTO is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 20:16   #119
BHPian

Holy Guacamole!!! That is one gorgeous and clean 1960 Impala! As an Impala lover (Username lol), I get extremely excited seeing such pristine examples. Is it running a 6-cyl engine? Also is that lane by chance going to Dadar beach from Cadell road? Hoping to see this beauty soon participating in classic car drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So big that it won't fit in his building. Going to be parked at his factory premises.
I hope that I have this kind of first world problem someday!
Impala59 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 11:11   #120
BHPian

Nice to see another 1960 beast on the road, belair ?? The Impala had more bells and whistles

Either way, neat example. The owner should now just enjoy driving her around and then complete the cosmetics.

Any pictures of the engine bay and interiors?
Bulldogji is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks