Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 15:00   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Awaiting status update.It has been a long time since there was a last update on this car .
Understand the mechanical and body work is complete. Prepearations for the painting and interiors are going on. Understand the car is likely to be ready by September,2010. I have not received any photographs and hence I am not in a position to upload any.
Old 27th January 2010, 15:42   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Understand the mechanical and body work is complete. Prepearations for the painting and interiors are going on. Understand the car is likely to be ready by September,2010. I have not received any photographs and hence I am not in a position to upload any.
Oh well all that beautifull patina is probably gone forever and another show queen is going to emerge.

Its a pity the car looked so nice in that unrestored condition.
Old 29th January 2010, 23:37   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Awaiting status update.It has been a long time since there was a last update on this car .
Understand that the Stutz will be ready by end Septmber, 2010 and it will on display at the HMCI - Vintage & Classic Car Display- Common Wealth Games in New Delhi from the 3rd to the 14th October, 2010. Also on display will be the Minerva.
Old 11th February 2011, 00:02   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1929- Stutz Speedster- Find Of The Year

Quote:
Understand that the Stutz will be ready by end Septmber, 2010 and it will on display at the HMCI - Vintage & Classic Car Display- Common Wealth Games in New Delhi from the 3rd to the 14th October, 2010. Also on display will be the Minerva.

Sir,
What is the status of restoration of the car? Is it back in DElhi? Are we going to see it in the Cartier show this year ?
Thank you
Old 24th March 2012, 17:13   #80
BHPian

1929- Stutz Speedster

Stutz at Red Fort, Delhi, with some real heavy security !!
Attached Thumbnails
1929- Stutz Speedster- Find Of The Year-stutz-redfort.jpg  

Old 25th March 2012, 10:28   #81
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1929- Stutz Speedster

Quote:
Stutz at Red Fort, Delhi, with some real heavy security !!
Is the Stutz or any other car from this collection going to the Pebble Beach event this year?

Last edited by aah78 : 6th August 2018 at 17:02. Reason: Spell-check, typos, grammar. Please proof-read before posting. Thanks!
Old 25th March 2012, 14:21   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Is the Stutz or any other car from this collection going to the Pebble Beach event this year?
I am not sure if there are any plans for a participation in the Pebble Beach.

S.B.Jatti

Last edited by aah78 : 6th August 2018 at 17:03. Reason: Quoted post was edited.
Old 26th March 2012, 16:08   #83
BHPian

Rumours are floating that the Stutz hopes to recieve an invite to pebble beach. Hope she gets spruced up to match their exacting requirements, originality taking a back seat. Rumours also abound about certain owners and restorers pitching for their cars to get invited. IN my opinion, and I would be very happy to be proven wrong, none of the cars that I have seen in India match up to pebble beach standards. And I wonder how many stories about cars being one time Maharaja Owned will surface. After all that is the criteria I am told.
Bulldogji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 00:02   #84
Senior - BHPian

Bulldogji I agree on the statement made in Regards to the cars in India and also the Stutz. The standard in Pebble beach is high and very high in some cases. But in regards to the restoration in India and standards the Stutz is a little high on the list of workmanship.

While everyone should be also aware that just like the Cartier in India a well marketed property on Vintage and classic exhibition or event in India. The same is the case in point is the Pebble Beach in the US. Other wise there are some better events in case of restoration and cars and overall scene but they are not superbly marketed like the Pebble Beach

Just an opinion

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Rumours are floating that the Stutz hopes to recieve an invite to pebble beach. Hope she gets spruced up to match their exacting requirements, originality taking a back seat. Rumours also abound about certain owners and restorers pitching for their cars to get invited. IN my opinion, and I would be very happy to be proven wrong, none of the cars that I have seen in India match up to pebble beach standards. And I wonder how many stories about cars being one time Maharaja Owned will surface. After all that is the criteria I am told.

Last edited by kasli : 27th March 2012 at 00:06.
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:37   #85

Quote:
Oh well all that beautifull patina is probably gone forever and another show queen is going to emerge.

Its a pity the car looked so nice in that unrestored condition.

As usual Wasif, you've hit the nail on the head.

I've said it so often before that I must be becoming boring. There's little worse than being boring, so for this I apologise.

However, I make no apology for again pointing out that Pebble Beach, by and large, is an over-hyped irrelevance and in many respects hugely contrary to the best aims and interests of the old vehicle preservation movement.

Here we have yet another case of someone injudiciously throwing a bucketful of money at a project to wreck what once was and of infinitely greater intrinsic value than what it will become. Sadly, particularly sadly given the importance of the car, once again we have an example of the failure to understand the differences between preservation, conservation and restoration and now history must suffer the deleterious consequences arising therefrom. What has been done is deplorable and wholly inappropriate.

Wumps.
wumpletoad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 19:59   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Is teh Stutz or any other car from thsi collection goin to teh Pebble Beach evant thsi year ????
It is now confirmed that the 1930 Stutz owned by Mr.Diljeet Titus has been selected to participate in the 62nd Pebble Beach Concours , 2012. The Stutz will be competing in the Class E-1 - Maharaja.This confirmation and the Pebble Beach Invitation has come in only today.

I am also told that two cars of Dr.Ravi Prakash the Delage and Locomobile have also been confirmed to participate in Pebble Beach -2012, though I am not sure of the category and class.

S.B.Jatti
S.B.Jatti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 00:28   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti

It is now confirmed that the 1930 Stutz owned by Mr.Diljeet Titus has been selected to participate in the 62nd Pebble Beach Concours , 2012. The Stutz will be competing in the Class E-1 - Maharaja.This confirmation and the Pebble Beach Invitation has come in only today.

I am also told that two cars of Dr.Ravi Prakash the Delage and Locomobile have also been confirmed to participate in Pebble Beach -2012, though I am not sure of the category and class.

S.B.Jatti
Congratulations to Mr Titus and Dr for their participation . All the best to them

Cheers
Old 7th April 2012, 10:47   #88
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful news and congratulations to Diljeet and Doc !
Old 7th April 2012, 11:07   #89
BHPian

Quote:

S.B.Jatti
Wow, this is great news for the Indian vintage and classic car scene indeed. I mean to have invites for cars in India to what many consider (me included) to be the pinnacle of exhibiting rolling art, I think is no small feat.

Best Regards
mbz180
Old 7th April 2012, 19:17   #90
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to Diljeet and Doc.
I wonder if any Rolls will go from India, there were two candidates. I believe that the Maharaja section will have two categories, Rolls and non-Rolls.
A huge effort went in to get these cars approved for the show, we wish them all the best.
Now only to know about the Rolls's.

Cheers harit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks