Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Pre-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 00:12   #106
BHPian

Re: 1929- Stutz Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
It is now confirmed that the 1930 Stutz owned by Mr.Diljeet Titus has been selected to participate in the 62nd Pebble Beach Concours , 2012...I am also told that two cars of Dr.Ravi Prakash the Delage and Locomobile have also been confirmed to participate in Pebble Beach -2012
I heard that it's off, and other bits! So, what's the latest, Mr. Jatti, is it on or not?
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:24   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1929- Stutz Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
I heard that it's off, and other bits! So, what's the latest, Mr. Jatti, is it on or not?
Sir

please elaborate other bits ? and you mean the car is not going ?

thank you
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:27   #108
BHPian

Re: 1929- Stutz Speedster- Find Of The Year

Hi Prablal, Are you sure the Stutz is not going? I know that the P2 has decided to differ her arrival at Pebble beach. I am given to understand she may now go only next year. The logistics, not to mention costs, are enough to give anyone a headache.
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:19   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
please elaborate other bits? and you mean the car is not going?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Hi Prablal, Are you sure the Stutz is not going? I know that the P2 has decided to differ her arrival at Pebble beach.
Well, gentlemen, I have only second-hand information, although from a very genuine and reliable source at that! I wish Mr. Jatti had replied by now, so that we'd have something straight from the primary source.

Anyway, what I've heard is that none of the cars may finally go. The reasons vary from unpreparedness, budgetary and logistics considerations (as Bulldogji has hinted) to a cozy little war going on between two people!! In absence of any concrete admission/denial, I would like to desist from saying anything further, lest it amounts to nothing more than a canard in the end!!!
Old 24th July 2012, 11:33   #110
BHPian

Hi Prabal, When the idea of sending cars to Pebble Beach from India to participate in the Maharaja class was being discussed, I was one of many who wondered if finally, after the hype died down, how many cars would actually make it. To me, the costs and logistical headache was a huge nightmare. Two gentlemen from here were involved in helping people get invited . Now I am told that it has become a bit embarassing because except for one Maharaja, whose car has already left the Indian shores, none of the other cars invited from India are going. If my information is correct, I feel sorry for these two gentlemen who really worked hard to get the cars from here an invite. If there is a NEXT TIME , I hope people think hard before saying Yes. But I am an optimist. Someone, somewhere, please tell me I am wrong and that the selected cars from here are going.
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 12:12   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prabal, When the idea of sending cars to Pebble Beach from India to participate in the Maharaja class was being discussed, I was one of many who wondered if finally, after the hype died down, how many cars would actually make it. To me, the costs and logistical headache was a huge nightmare. Two gentlemen from here were involved in helping people get invited . Now I am told that it has become a bit embarassing because except for one Maharaja, whose car has already left the Indian shores, none of the other cars invited from India are going. If my information is correct, I feel sorry for these two gentlemen who really worked hard to get the cars from here an invite. If there is a NEXT TIME , I hope people think hard before saying Yes. But I am an optimist. Someone, somewhere, please tell me I am wrong and that the selected cars from here are going.
So no Delage or Stutz is going ? What RR has already left. What about the PII Continental
Old 24th July 2012, 12:44   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
So no Delage or Stutz is going ? What RR has already left. What about the PII Continental
I think the Udaipur 20HP is what is mentioned .

Cheers
kasli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 16:18   #113
BHPian

Wasif, I was told that the Stutz, P2 and Delage are not going. As earlier stated, I hope I am proved wrong. Kasli, you are well informed.
Bulldogji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 16:38   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wasif, I was told that the Stutz, P2 and Delage are not going. As earlier stated, I hope I am proved wrong. Kasli, you are well informed.
Apologies but in regards to the P2 I am well informed . The remaining cars were all in the limelight of the enthusiast circle that they were on their way. A very tight spot for the persons who were pushing for the event. The Udaipur car is the only one I have information of that has left shores for the Event.

Would you be attending ? If so please do share some images.

Cheers
Old 25th July 2012, 12:03   #115
BHPian

Quote:
If there is a NEXT TIME , I hope people think hard before saying Yes. But I am an optimist. Someone, somewhere, please tell me I am wrong and that the selected cars from here are going.
Hello there Bulldogji, yes of course, we would like to see the cars and their owners make it. That would be nice indeed!
Old 25th July 2012, 13:37   #116
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was told that the Stutz, P2 and Delage are not going. As earlier stated, I hope I am proved wrong.
Spoke to Doc and confirmed that the Delage is going to make it. This is a relief and very exciting. KVCCC is going to have a party for Doc & family before they leave for PB. I am sure he will bring back good memories and great pictures.

Cheers
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 13:39   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Spoke to Doc and confirmed that the Delage is going to make it. This is a relief and very exciting. KVCCC is going to have a party for Doc & family before they leave for PB. I am sure he will bring back good memories and great pictures.

Cheers
Great news Indeed and look forward to Pics of the event

Send us snaps of the Party of KVCCC and sneak preview of the car if possible Great gesture

Cheers
Old 25th July 2012, 15:43   #118
BHPian

KPS, that is really good news. Hope to see pictures soon. BUT, seeing that we are about 15 days away from the time the cars should be at Pebble Beach, why is the car still waiting for her BON VOYAGE party? I guess now she will have to be flown out. Cutting things really fine. All the best to her and Doc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks