Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2012, 18:40   #10711
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What kind of a punishment is the driver looking at in this case? He was not overspeeding or drunk or anything like that. It was just some ignorance and extremely unfortunate turn of events that led to the child's death. This kind of incidents sometimes make me feel really uneasy about driving on our roads. For instance the recently aired advertisement of ceat bike tyre where they show an ignorant father suddenly changing his direction and wheels the stroller right on to a road and the biker has to apply emergency breaks. It was an add but I see many such incidents on our roads. How does the law see such cases?
As a practise ,I always do a visual inspection of the LHS ,the rear and the front before I sit inside.I do this even when in someone else's vehicle .
I dont check under the car ,but I do spend a couple of minutes in buckling up ,switching on the music system ,the AC and waiting for the temp gauge to reach the right level . This gives sufficient time for any animal under the car.
Old 18th March 2012, 19:02   #10712
Distinguished - BHPian

One should be careful about all those things. Yes the parents should take care of the children, but, on some roads, I drive like I was driving in someone's living room, because, effectively, I am!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2012, 19:22   #10713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
As a practise ,I always do a visual inspection of the LHS ,the rear and the front before I sit inside.I do this even when in someone else's vehicle .
I dont check under the car ,but I do spend a couple of minutes in buckling up ,switching on the music system ,the AC and waiting for the temp gauge to reach the right level . This gives sufficient time for any animal under the car.
That is a good habit. Even I try to follow it most of the times. I even end up revving the engine a little mostly because I want to make sure there is no dog under the car. But still such incidents are scary since many times one is in a hurry and may not notice small kid at the other end of the car more so if the kid is in the blind spot. Another situation in which I am extra careful is when I am standing at traffic signals in the right most lane next to the divider. The beggar children/handicapped adult beggars who are on the ground are a real hazard. They tend to cross the cars and return to the divider only when the signal turns green.
Its scary to know how much can go wrong in a fraction of a second sometimes not even due to your fault. But the blame always falls on the car owner.
Old 18th March 2012, 20:09   #10714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
Once my neighbour got into his Alto and started off when we started hearing loud meows from the car. He stopped the car and realised that meows were from the hood. On opening the hood we saw the scared cat sitting on the gearbox. Luckily it did not touch the exhaust or get pulled in the belts. It took us some time to get it out since it was not ready to come out.
Around a year back, after a while driving on nice road to Electronic city, started to hear to meows, thought it was from FM, which I was listing. However when I switched the station meows continued. Pulled over the car, to check below the seats, hatch, then found little cat in the engine compartment, it jumped out ran away. I wish I got hold of it and and brought back to home to release.

It was like nearly 30kms of high speed drive and engine compartment was hot. I felt sorry for the cat.
Old 18th March 2012, 20:43   #10715
BHPian

SAw this indica being towed away
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00326.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc00326-copy.jpg  

Old 18th March 2012, 23:07   #10716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
SAw this indica being towed away
Thats the first time I am seing a vehicle being towed like that. The accident is looking very bad.
Old 19th March 2012, 16:02   #10717
BHPian

Hay Hemanth,

When and where did this happen. very very bad. Hope there is NO Crack on the top of the car.

Rajesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
My car had an accident. :(
An accident where no human was even "involved" forget injured.
All these when it was Parked

Attachment 904278
The culprit

Attachment 904279
The damage

Attachment 904280
The misaligned spoiler

Have posted the same in my ownership thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2717670
Old 19th March 2012, 18:59   #10718
BHPian

A 25-year-old youth was killed and three others injured after the car they were traveling in collided with a road divider in the capital, police said on Sunday.

Read more at: One killed, three injured as car runs into divider
Old 20th March 2012, 11:55   #10719
Senior - BHPian

Yet another case of drunken driving turned fatal. 22 year old engineering student killed after his bike hit the walls of Hebbal Flyover, Bangalore.
Here is the news item in Times of India
Bike crashes into flyover wall, engineering student dies - The Times of India
Old 20th March 2012, 14:34   #10720
Distinguished - BHPian

There was an accident involving Ford Endeavour on JC Road Sunday Night (18th March 2012) right in front of Ravindra Kala Kshethra. Does anybody have more information on this. I tried taking the pic, but the traffic cop asked me not to.

The SUV had toppled by the way.
Old 20th March 2012, 16:03   #10721
BHPian

At Saidapet , Chennai around 1.00 PM today there was a minor multi vehicle collision. Could'nt take a picture due to traffic and I was driving.

The last vehicle was a Scorpio and the first one , I think was a Verna. Inbetween there were two other cars. Not sure on how it happened. Possible that the first car applied hard breaks and all the other rear ended. Else in the traffic the scorpio would have rear ended at quite a speed which had a serial impact.
Old 20th March 2012, 16:10   #10722
Senior - BHPian

Seen next to ISBT Kashmere gate, under the old iron bridge on yamuna (lohe ka pul).

There is a pillar, actually a wall (for the bridge of the railway track above) which splits the road into two.

This truck went and banged into the wall (pillar)
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo1671.jpg  

Old 20th March 2012, 18:17   #10723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
SUV kills toddler playing on road in Bangalore. One more incident where hospital refuses to admit the victim during the "golden hour". SUV kills toddler playing on road in Bangalore - The Times of India
Very sad about the accident. Worse still about the hospital, hope the authorities take notice and do something.
But why was the child playing on the road? Probably because there was no other place to play. And here also the authorities bear some responsibility. There are not enough open spaces, small children will play anywhere, they will stop once they can control computer games. But till then they are in danger while playing on the roads.
Also in housing societies, the open spaces and play areas become parking places because there are more nad more cars, no space to park on the road. This becomes a devils circle. Planning is required for parking, and open spaces.
Lastly, the child would have been under someones care, so someone was also negligent.

No Cheers harit
Old 20th March 2012, 18:45   #10724
BHPian

Just came through and online news websites regarding the School Categories.

Just copied the content of the news

"Khammam: At least 16 children are feared dead after a school bus fell into a canal in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh this afternoon.

The bus belonging to LV Reddy School was reportedly carrying 40 children.

It plunged into the canal while trying to avoid a collision with a bike, said an eyewitness.

More details are awaited."
Old 20th March 2012, 20:50   #10725
Team-BHP Support

On our way to Kolhapur, saw this Optra being hooked up. It obviously had been rolled. 20km later, we stopped to refuel for 10 min. 5 min back on the road, we see this being towed and sparks flying from it.

We passed it at 80km/h and found that there was no rear wheel. The axle was tearing up the road. It caught up with us at the toll gate and from the pics, the driver is bemused at what happened!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_2664-2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc_2662-2.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 21st March 2012 at 12:17. Reason: Removing double images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks