Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2018, 17:27   #25651
BHPian

Latest DND expressway accident involving 4 cars. A Swift, Accent, Verna and i20. Some of those involved needed medical attention. Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1517572531997.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-1517572542988.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-1517572554001.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-1517572562822.jpg
Happened about an hour ago. I passed by just after it happened. These was a jam so didn't wait around. People just flit like butterflies around the NCR.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 21:44   #25652
BHPian

Mother, son killed as fire guts their car in Bengaluru

Quote:
BENGALURU: A 30-year-old homemaker and her four-year-old son were burnt alive in their Maruti Ritz car that mysteriously caught fire in the basement of their apartment complex late Friday afternoon in Whitefield area of southeast Bengaluru.

Whitefield police said that Neha Varma and her son Param, both residents of a flat in the B-block in the apartment complex of Sumadhura Apartment, came from outside and drove into the basement to park their car around 3.25 pm.
Source:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/62759658.cms

Last edited by Turbopetrol : 2nd February 2018 at 21:47.
Turbopetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 23:02   #25653
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Came across this news about above mentioned selfie accident. As per the news this is a fake video.

https://m.indiatimes.com/news/india/...tm_medium=paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
But I don't think the video is fake, look at the shadow casted by the man on the track and the approaching train, the hand, when it gets hit by the train. If fake, they have done the job meticulously or they are lying now to escape public embrassment and police case.
Source

Quote:
No, the selfie train video from Hyderabad is not fake! Here's the truth
TNM spoke to Railway Police Force and to the “selfie victim’s” friend and relative to find out what really happened.
As suspected, the video is not fake.

Last edited by ecenandu : 2nd February 2018 at 23:03.
ecenandu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 09:53   #25654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopetrol View Post
Very unfortunate. I got to know of it last night itself as the lady who died in this tragic accident was friend of my wife. They were MBA batch mates and worked together for sometime.
Old 3rd February 2018, 10:21   #25655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Very unfortunate. I got to know of it last night itself as the lady who died in this tragic accident was friend of my wife. They were MBA batch mates and worked together for sometime.
I'm wondering what could have happened/caused the fire!

One more news link and the picture:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...e-1767581.html
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1517633461707.jpg  

Turbopetrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 12:50   #25656
BHPian

Not sure if this has been posted, but an all too familiar case of using a mobile phone while driving, on this occasion with disastrous consequences. Cops in Kolkata have been cracking down hard on drivers using cell phones since.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...le22609688.ece
Old 3rd February 2018, 12:55   #25657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm wondering what could have happened/caused the fire!

One more news link and the picture:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...e-1767581.html
Two more photos received via whatsapp
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-01.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-02.jpg  

arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 13:26   #25658
BHPian

Re: Mother, son killed as fire guts their car in Bengaluru

Quote:
Really shocking news. May their souls R.I.P.

This incident needs to be properly investigated. The reason could be anything- from loose wires to improper installation of electronic accessories.

Always keep a hammer in the car to break the glasses in case of any unfortunate incident.
Old 3rd February 2018, 13:44   #25659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLink View Post
This incident needs to be properly investigated...
Always keep a hammer in the car to break the glasses in case of any unfortunate incident.
What would have prevented the lady and kid from getting out of a stopped / parked car if flames were noticed? Is there a chance of doors getting jammed?
Turbopetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 13:49   #25660
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

About the ritz burning case, more than the cause of fire, what is even more intriguing is how come the doors could not be opened from inside ? Once key removed, doors unlock anyway. Its not as if the door was mechanically jammed after a collision of some sort. Really sad and perplexing - two innocents lost in the rarest of the rare manner.
Old 3rd February 2018, 14:37   #25661
BHPian

I suspect carbon monoxide poisoning from the initial fumes. It can impair problem solving and mental ability without even making the affected person realize it. The confines of the car and the fact that it happened in an underground garage would compound the problem.
braindead is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 14:49   #25662
BHPian

Quote:
What would have prevented the lady and kid from getting out of a stopped / parked car if flames were noticed? Is there a chance of doors getting jammed?
Yes, the doors could have been jammed because of an electronic glitch in the central locking system. Apart from that, there is no reason because of which any person would stay behind in a burning car.
Old 3rd February 2018, 19:23   #25663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I always had a fear of running into such buses or trucks that had its Air filter cover open near the driver's cabin and damage my car but this accident is of a different kind that resulted in 2 deaths!
An unfortunate and freak accident. However, the reason for this is not just the malfunction of the door but also the really bad habit of people to stand by the roadside and even on the road with no regard to safety. You can see people stopping their cars and bikes on fast moving expressways and then standing around for a chat like they were in a garden, even at night when the visibility is low. Why were these unfortunate people standing on the road or so close to the road that they were caught by this door? If you are near a road, you should move at least a few feet away from the traffic. I would be scared to have buses hurtling past me just three feet away. The article cited by you quotes: "They were chatting along the road when the door of the bus hit them". Why can't people think of their safety and have a chat at a proper place like a restaurant, park, someone's home or at least in a safe place away from traffic? Yes, it says at a bus stop but even in cities you see people standing in lanes of traffic rather than at the bus top designated area. Such lack of concern for safety from citizens and the authorities is deplorable.
Lobogris is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 07:21   #25664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
An unfortunate and freak accident. However, the reason for this is not just the malfunction of the door but also the really bad habit of people to stand by the roadside and even on the road with no regard to safety. You can see people stopping their cars and bikes on fast moving expressways and then standing around for a chat like they were in a garden, even at night when the visibility is low. Why were these unfortunate people standing on the road or so close to the road that they were caught by this door? If you are near a road, you should move at least a few feet away from the traffic. I would be scared to have buses hurtling past me just three feet away. The article cited by you quotes: "They were chatting along the road when the door of the bus hit them". Why can't people think of their safety and have a chat at a proper place like a restaurant, park, someone's home or at least in a safe place away from traffic? Yes, it says at a bus stop but even in cities you see people standing in lanes of traffic rather than at the bus top designated area. Such lack of concern for safety from citizens and the authorities is deplorable.
A basic sense of one's own safety is seriously lacking in a large segment of the population. I suppose it starts from the time you are taught the first rules in school, and you realise those who break the rules have a more fun time. You are taught to cross the road carefully after looking in both directions, and you get called an idiot and a fool by kids who just run across. I suppose it gets to everyone, to some extent.
lawdgawd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 10:19   #25665
BHPian

Bizarre accident involving KSRTC interstate bus, driver explanation baffles me!
It shows how attentive the driver is; not knowing he hit human or speed breaker!
Lame excuse he give is "lots of speed breakers on the this route", while bluntly admitting he doesn't stops at speed breaker!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 4th February 2018 at 10:23.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks