Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 23:48   #4066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
There was a five car accident on the Bangalore Mysore highway. If anyone was heading towards Bangalore, you might have spotted it. No one appeared to be hurt but it looked like one Omni braked very hard and four other vehicles behind hit each other.

i think such incidences of one vehicle braking hard and other vehicles hitting from behind is quiet common on this road

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
There was a five car accident on the Bangalore Mysore highway. If anyone was heading towards Bangalore, you might have spotted it. No one appeared to be hurt but it looked like one Omni braked very hard and four other vehicles behind hit each other.
that is new....since when did omni have such brakes, last time i drove one, its braking responce was comparable to movement of a file in a govt office

p.s couldnt multiquote earlier as 20 mins had lapsed by the time my post appeared......newbie you see
Old 7th December 2009, 08:20   #4067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
Hi,

Found this on the Net. This is not in india i suppose, but if cars like Camry becomes like this.. i am thinking about indian small cars.
Attachment 240361
That Camry is in bad shape. Looks like a road roller or an army tank has gone over it.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:03   #4068
Senior - BHPian

On the last mail from SS-Traveller got some more pics from an email from this person.

Look at the fire, how intense it is.

Pictures belong to the owner (not me)
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-f1cr.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-f2cr.jpg  

Old 7th December 2009, 14:10   #4069
Senior - BHPian

what wagon-R on fire. May be it was fitted with LPG. Same thing had happened to one of the Omini in bangalore. All of a sudden in one of the signals the car started with a smoke and then a big fire. Even this was fitted with LPG.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:13   #4070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That Camry is in bad shape. Looks like a road roller or an army tank has gone over it.
Indeed. Once something like that happens to a car, it isn't going to matter much whether it is a Maruti 800 or a Bentley.
Quote:
wagon-R on fire. May be it was fitted with LPG
That would explain the speed of the fire, not even giving time to open the doors and get out of the car.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 7th December 2009 at 14:15.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:30   #4071
BHPian

Examples galore of Trucks turned turtle on our bidirectional National Highways. Well I dont the pictures to prove, some of them were real ghastly with blood and gore.

Wonder why trucks seems to show a similar pattern for accidents, right side of drivers cabin smashing against the right side cabin of the oncoming truck. Nasty overtaking? I feel all trucks should have an inbuilt speed limited. I do know in some Special purpose vehicles they are built in, not sure of the others.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:55   #4072
Senior - BHPian

Woman burnt to death as Wagon R catches fire.

The cops say that the car caught fire due to fuel leakage but I'm having my doubts. I dont think a leakage would cause smoke (as mentioned in the reports). My take is that its more of a short circuit that caused the fire. It is also reported that Wagon R was a petrol and not the LPG model.

The report also says that both were wearing seat belts . If the husband was freed, that means the either the window was broken or the door was opened. Is it possible that the woman's seat belt could actually get stuck and not unbuckle as mentioned in the article?

The gentleman is currently fighting for his life in hospital.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th December 2009 at 15:09.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:02   #4073
Senior - BHPian

Dippy this article is being discussed in the "accidents" thread. This might be due to LPG as wagon-R has LPG kits. In bangalore also this happened to a OMINI suddenly in a traffic signal and everyone ran out of the vehicle.this is due to the leakage of LPG. The thread link is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-pics-272.html
Old 7th December 2009, 15:06   #4074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
what wagon-R on fire. May be it was fitted with LPG. Same thing had happened to one of the Omini in bangalore. All of a sudden in one of the signals the car started with a smoke and then a big fire. Even this was fitted with LPG.
In the other thread where this is reported, it says it was Petrol version.

Sad. May the husband recover and may her soul RIP. It must be a serious failure for such fire to develop and spread so quickly. Do the modern cars have enough stuff (apart from the seats inside the cabin) to feed a fire to this extent? I thought every thing was metal and a few rubber/ plastic pipes and cladding. I have a Wagon R and am somewhat shaken.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:20   #4075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Saw this last evening about 2 km from home, but did not realize at that time it was so horrific.

Attachment 239944
Attachment 239945

Source: Woman burnt to death in car fire- Hindustan Times.

A picture of the burnt car was published in today's Mail Today.
Attachment 239939
That's Scary. Hope His wife RIP and injured person fully recovers. God bless his children during this time of crisis.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:31   #4076
Senior - BHPian

Wonder why one cannot just pull over and jump out at the first sight of fire inside the car. This wasn't an explosion right. Was that a murder / suicide attempt?
Old 7th December 2009, 16:05   #4077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Wonder why one cannot just pull over and jump out at the first sight of fire inside the car. This wasn't an explosion right. Was that a murder / suicide attempt?
It's very simple, presence of mind during such situation.The women could have freed here by simply pulling the seat belts forward and take it over with head to give her more room to come out of the seat,but still you can say anything but to think and act in such situation you need presence of mind which is difficult at that time.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:15   #4078
Senior - BHPian

It is shock. May be the fire engulfed them in a sudden splash from benath the dashboard and they couldn't react. So at that time nothing works.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:53   #4079
Senior - BHPian

Agree that presence of mind is needed and its indeed a state of shock. But I don't think the car will be engulfed fully in flames within few seconds. Many cars have fuel cut off and if fire can't spread that quick from engine bay. for fires from rear end, it will take some time to come to the front portion of the passenger cabin while it is still running.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:58   #4080
BHPian

Let's not jump into assumptions like why she was not able to get out, etc.., without having all the facts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks