Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 16:25   #4846
BHPian

Calicut private bus drivers are a reckless lot. I used to hang onto my life every time i took a Calicut - Mukkam bus via Mavoor. Then they have those jam-packed jeeps for competition.

-- Torqy
Old 17th February 2010, 16:44   #4847
Senior - BHPian

I studied from Calicut REC, and being a keralite I was never surprised with the speeds at which buses used to ply. The students who came from other parts of India were the ones who were left speechless at what crazy driving and speeds the bus drivers manage to do. Surprisingly they avoided accidents, at least not as many as could happen owing to sheer speed.
Old 17th February 2010, 17:23   #4848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Calicut private bus drivers are a reckless lot. I used to hang onto my life every time i took a Calicut - Mukkam bus via Mavoor. Then they have those jam-packed jeeps for competition.

-- Torqy
That Bus is a TN Government Bus. Do they also drive as rash as the Other buses in Kerala? I generally find these TN buses too slow. Not that they are law abiding.
Old 17th February 2010, 19:53   #4849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
Guess he got fed up of searching for a U turn.
This is a very common sight on the NICE road. People try all sorts of things to jump over to the other lane. Once, I missed the Mysore road exit. A cab driver infront of me also missed the exit and he drove in the opposite direction on the same lane till he reached the exit. My wife asked me why I could not do the same and I told her I'm never going to drive towards oncoming traffic. I had to go to Magadi road exit and turn back.
Old 17th February 2010, 20:39   #4850
BHPian

This happened in Chennai (Pallavaram). Read that, the three friends were on this car and one the guys was actually learning driving from his friend.
Session went fine but they hit the median on their way back to home and car jumped into the ditch near by.

One got killed.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-11743234.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 22:18   #4851
Senior - BHPian

^^ What does it say about the health of the people in the car ?
Old 18th February 2010, 00:05   #4852
BHPian

The other two admitted in hospital. - with bad injuries
Old 18th February 2010, 08:09   #4853
Senior - BHPian

Didn't want to use foul words on them; could've worn a seat belt atleast that could've saved their lives. Today morning, I saw a cabbie running for Flextronics making a hard & fast right towards our IT park while giving a cut through to a learners vehicle. Fortunately, nothing happened. IMO, carelessness is the only factor to cause such accidents.
Old 18th February 2010, 09:40   #4854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
This happened in Chennai (Pallavaram). Read that, the three friends were on this car and one the guys was actually learning driving from his friend.
Session went fine but they hit the median on their way back to home and car jumped into the ditch near by.

One got killed.
This wasn't on GST road, was it? Didn't notice any such thing in the last couple of days. Sad for the deceased/injured, an experiment led to this.
Old 18th February 2010, 09:53   #4855
Senior - BHPian

Seat belt would have saved the life.
Old 18th February 2010, 10:31   #4856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
... Today morning, I saw a cabbie running for Flextronics making a hard & fast right towards our IT park while giving a cut through to a learners vehicle. Fortunately, nothing happened. IMO, carelessness is the only factor to cause such accidents.
These cabbies are known to be careless and senseless on the roads. They drive horrendously fast, honk endlessly, hardly give proper signals, seldom use low-beams at night, and have no lane-sense. Especially the Indicabs.
Old 18th February 2010, 11:51   #4857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post

One got killed.
Irony is, the guy who was working as a driver in travels company was driving the car back when the accident took place, and the guy who was learning died (who was just a passanger at the time of accident). What else you call this other than fate? May his soul RIP.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:18   #4858
Senior - BHPian

The teacher driver might have been showing off his driving skills to the student driver when this took place. (The i10 Accident above) Sad anyway.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:29   #4859
BHPian

I think wearing a seat beltt would have save his life, Poor Boy.
I am seeing many Driving school teacher doesn't teach them to wear seat belt, keep your OVRM open and follow the signal.
I have seen some driving school cars with OVRMS folded and they are teaching driving some which is going to give us a bad driver in our roads

The new paper should also write a line saying ,if seat belt have been put by the boy ,he would have escaped but this news paper is not mentioning this.

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 18th February 2010 at 12:33.
Old 18th February 2010, 15:01   #4860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
I think wearing a seat beltt would have save his life, Poor Boy.
I am seeing many Driving school teacher doesn't teach them to wear seat belt, keep your OVRM open and follow the signal.
I have seen some driving school cars with OVRMS folded and they are teaching driving some which is going to give us a bad driver in our roads
and most importanly always have your hands on the steering wheel in the form of how the clock points its needles in 10:10 fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
The new paper should also write a line saying ,if seat belt have been put by the boy ,he would have escaped but this news paper is not mentioning this.
Well said

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks