Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2011, 18:46   #9991
BANNED

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Saw this on the Mumbai Highway!

The auto had 3 passengers and were injured when the auto lost control and jumped the divider and landed on the other side. Said to have toppled once!

Regarding the Lorry, I cant understand how he came into that position!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26122011072.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26122011073.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-26122011074.jpg  

Old 27th December 2011, 19:36   #9992
Distinguished - BHPian

Hate highway driving in the festive season. On Saturday on the way back from Lavasa, a Tata Indigo headed uphill tried to overtake a Honda City, panicked when he saw three cars directly in his path headed downhill and swerved and slmost crashed into the cliff face. We reached there just seconds later and luckily the only damage visible was that his front wheels were locked into the gravel on the side- a hefty push from a few young men on the scene got them going again. It couls easily have been more serious if he was on the valley side. No pics because frankly it didn't seem appropriate.

On Sunday drove up to Mumbai and spotted a smashed up truck on the divider: possibly the horrific accident that claimed 6 lives of a tour party headed for Singapore when their minibus jumped the divider and went head-on into the oncoming truck. The poor truck driver lost his life as well, for no fault of his. It is my biggest nightmare when doing the expressway stretch and the worst thing is- there's precious little you can do about it (when another vehicle jumps teh median and hurtles headlong into you, I mean)
Old 28th December 2011, 01:10   #9993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
This was probably the Isuzu made bus which crashed off NH4 somewhere near Davangere(not sure). I was in the following Volvo(of Seabird) and this Isuzu guy madly overtook us and in few minutes lost control after hitting a truck headon.
yeah I think it was somewhere on the NH4. About Isuzu buses ,I always am very careful when overtaking them on the ghats ,as the rocking and rolling of the bus gives the impression that it could topple anytime . Have never been in an Isuzu bus ,so cant comment on its ride .
Old 28th December 2011, 06:41   #9994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
The location looks like the timber mill next to KSEB, Valiyakulam, Triputhura, Ernakulam. May be rajeev_k has some info. about this incident.
Yes it appears so. Could not go to that area as was away. Would collect details and post.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 10:45   #9995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It is my biggest nightmare when doing the expressway stretch and the worst thing is- there's precious little you can do about it (when another vehicle jumps teh median and hurtles headlong into you, I mean)
This remembers me of an accident that my cousin and her family met with. Couple of years back they were driving back from Tirupathi towards salem in their scorpio. A fully loaded truck coming in the opposite side lost control, jumped the median and did head on collision with scorpio. The scorpio immediately caught fire and fully burnt. But all the family members managed to escape with severe injuries and were hospitalized for a month or so. By God's grace their life was safe.

The one worst thing is my cousin's kid had to undergo a surgery in skull, she was only 2 years at that time. It is really hard to digest these things when there is no single fault of ours.
Old 28th December 2011, 11:16   #9996
BHPian

This is in paschim vihar at 7:42 in the morning. Dont know what exactly happened but the car was parked there. Infact the vacant space near the car was being occupied by NHC a couple of seconds earlier. Who puts a car damaged to this extent in a parking spot this perfectly?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img2011122800167.jpg  

Old 28th December 2011, 13:25   #9997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
This is in paschim vihar at 7:42 in the morning. Dont know what exactly happened but the car was parked there. Infact the vacant space near the car was being occupied by NHC a couple of seconds earlier. Who puts a car damaged to this extent in a parking spot this perfectly?
Really strange.

If we are to consider that the car has been hit while parked, how can someone collide head on in the direction perpendicular to the general road direction?

Edit: It could also be that it was towed down there!

Last edited by anilisanil : 28th December 2011 at 13:36.
Old 28th December 2011, 13:33   #9998
BHPian

I think...it has been pulled over by crane from the accident spot to here...
God know whats the reason...since there is enough gap between rear tyres and the foot path...so its obvious nothing happened here, but has been quitely parked here from the accident spot...Real bad hit...Hope all survived...
Old 28th December 2011, 13:37   #9999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Really strange.

If we are to consider that the car has been hit while parked, how can someone collide head on in the direction perpendicular to the general road direction?

Edit: It could also be that it was towed down there!

probably been caught between the accident and the workshop.
same thing i had done when i banged my car.
it was towed to my home, and left there for two days, then went to the workshop.
Old 28th December 2011, 15:02   #10000
BHPian

Yeah obviously it was put in that spot after the accident. No blood marks were observed so i guess only the driver was there in the car. There were no leakages which means the car had been parked there for some time. There was a weird and wacky verna parked near it. Pic coming up in the concerned thread in some time.
Old 28th December 2011, 15:28   #10001
Senior - BHPian

Another one on the Palm Beach road

The cops promptly arrest the car driver. Was the biker wearing a helmet ? No one will bother with that....sad

And another one in Mumbai on the 27th

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th December 2011 at 15:55.
Old 28th December 2011, 15:41   #10002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
The location looks like the timber mill next to KSEB, Valiyakulam, Triputhura, Ernakulam. May be rajeev_k has some info. about this incident.
Yes it happened exactly there and the owner was carrying coconuts. There were no serious injuries to any of the occupants. Perhaps the speed carried it atop the wood after rubbing with the auto seen in the picture.
Old 28th December 2011, 17:52   #10003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
there's precious little you can do about it (when another vehicle jumps teh median and hurtles headlong into you, I mean)
This reminds me of the way highways are built in the US. The oncoming and returning carriageways are built with such a huge gap in between that it looks like two different roads. Can't jump the divider if there ain't any. Sadly, building roads that way is not an option in our country.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 18:35   #10004
Senior - BHPian

A few images that I managed while visiting East Africa Toyota and Narmada Toyota. Also the Swift images are from Kiran motors ( where we recently got our CNG waggie serviced for 25K kms. service ). BTW, we booked an Innova this month from Narmada Toyota, i.e. a 7-seater diesel Innova VX. We are informed that the car would be the new version, so reverse camera and touch screen are things we are expecting.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0788.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0789.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0790.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0791.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0824.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0825.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0826.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0827.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tfort-narmada.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tfort-narmada-2.jpg  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 28th December 2011 at 18:40.
Old 28th December 2011, 19:45   #10005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Another one on the Palm Beach road

The cops promptly arrest the car driver. Was the biker wearing a helmet ? No one will bother with that....sad

And another one in Mumbai on the 27th
Ah !! Well said - People blame the car, agreed that the car may be at fault but as you rightly mentioned, no one mentions about not wearing a helmet. Police should also stress the fact among people that Helmet wearing is a law and the biker did not follow the law.Helmet could have saved his life at least.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 28th December 2011 at 19:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks