Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 00:06   #7351

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Looks like the white car jumped the divider and came on to the other lane. Really feel angry sometimes when due to some nutjobs on the road,other people got to suffer for no fault of theirs

It did jump but not onto the other lane, but on the service road going in the same direction. Apparently, a 20 year old lady was driving the car at a high speed, and swerved to the left to save a biker who suddenly changed lanes in front of her!

It hit a banana vendor, 3 cars and 7 bikes parked on the service road next to Hindu Gymkhana.

Thankfully, no one was killed and the banana vendor got away with minor injuries. The girl came out scratch less and was abused and roughed up by the mob, before the local police intervened.
Old 31st January 2011, 11:49   #7352
BHPian

There was an accident a couple of days ago near mantralaya.
Apparently a black skoda driven by a drunk chick [heard from guys on the road] lost control, came onto the wrong side of the road and rammed a parked car.

I got pics of the 5 damaged cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110122_160821_693_mumbai.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110122_160832_13_mumbai.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110122_160843_536_mumbai.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110122_160859_332_mumbai.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110122_161014_823_mumbai.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110122_161104_242_mumbai.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110122_161113_234_mumbai.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20110122_161146_366_mumbai.jpg  

Old 31st January 2011, 16:18   #7353
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw an accident on the BETL today at around 9:30AM.

Seemed like a Black Alto had hit a Logan (green meru cab) from behind.
The alto's bonnet was bent fully (inverted V shape) ant the bumbper and the radiator seemed to be damaged as well.

on the other hand the logan just had some scratches but no dents on the bumper.

Don't know whose mistake it was, but the alto driver was sitting inside while the logan driver was calling somebody.

I Couldn't take pictures. Anybody have pictures or more details of this accident?
Old 1st February 2011, 15:25   #7354
BHPian

One of the most horrifying accidents I've seen, which occurred a couple of days before 15 Aug '10, between Bangalore and Anantapur. Why? Look closer at the interior pics and you will see blood on the newspapers, seats, ac vents, windscreen, dashboard etc. This occurred when that stretch of the Bangalore - Hyderabad 4 lane highway was opened only from one side. In the night, these speeding Swifts collided head on, as they had to share on side of the highway. The Dzire drivers was wearing his seatbelt, but not the others. One person named Madhusudhan died, but I don't know if it was someone from the swift or the Dzire's passenger. The DZire's driver side had almost no blood. As always buckling up saves lives.

I have more pics but they're too gory.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010642.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010646.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010647.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010648.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010661.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010665.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-15082010666.jpg
Old 1st February 2011, 16:02   #7355
Senior - BHPian

That accident looks horrible! I wonder if it could be because of high-beams?
Old 1st February 2011, 16:10   #7356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
One of the most horrifying accidents I've seen... In the night, these speeding Swifts collided head on, as they had to share on side of the highway.
Indeed horrifying. I feel the cause would be the use of high-beams - both the drivers would have been blinded and they ran into each other.
Old 1st February 2011, 18:54   #7357
Distinguished - BHPian

Another Accident on the BETL today morning around the same time as yesterday(9:30)
Today must have been much more serious.
A two wheeler with damaged headlight and other front parts.
Don't know what he hit, i didn't spot an other vehicle.
The road was washed (must have been blood all over). Wish the driver has survived.
An Ambulance was standing and also some civil police had arrived at the spot.
I think BETL has claimed more lives than any other road in Bangalore.
Most of the casualties being two wheeler riders.
Its high time that the two wheelers are banned on this stretch-its safe for everybody.

Traffic had slowed down and i took 20 mins to cross this spot when the whole road takes 10 mins usually.

After all this when i crossed the spot, all the vehicles in the queue started picking up speed, the vehicle in front of me braked hard and i did the same.
Not surprisingly, a police was coming in the fast lane adjacent to the median in his splendor at 20kmph. He was heading to the accident spot i can assume. But couldn't he have done it on the right side or atleast in the slower lane.

All these years, i was blaming the authorities for bad infrastructure, but now that we have some good roads, I have realised that its the drivers who lack some discipline are the major cause for accidents.
Old 1st February 2011, 19:14   #7358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
All these years, i was blaming the authorities for bad infrastructure, but now that we have some good roads, I have realised that its the drivers who lack some discipline are the major cause for accidents.
better late than never !!!. I wish everybody realized this I do not agree banning two wheeler as it is not the road which is to be blamed but the morons who fix their appointment with Yamaraj.
Old 1st February 2011, 20:04   #7359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One of the most horrifying accidents I've seen, which occurred a couple of days before 15 Aug '10, between Bangalore and Anantapur. Why? Look closer at the interior pics and you will see blood on the newspapers, seats, ac vents, windscreen, dashboard etc. This occurred when that stretch of the Bangalore - Hyderabad 4 lane highway was opened only from one side. In the night, these speeding Swifts collided head on, as they had to share on side of the highway. The Dzire drivers was wearing his seatbelt, but not the others. One person named Madhusudhan died, but I don't know if it was someone from the swift or the Dzire's passenger. The DZire's driver side had almost no blood. As always buckling up saves lives.

I have more pics but they're too gory.

Attachment 493485
swift definitely no seatbelts...
look at the way the steering wheels buckled.
like something or someone wrapped around it with high force..
jeez,why dont people wear belts?
could have ended much better than this for all
Old 1st February 2011, 21:36   #7360
BHPian

This accident looks totally survivable with seatbelts and airbags. I would say people should be able to walk away from this if wearing proper seatbelts, airbag will also help. I guess since the bumper of both car at the same height, car's collapsible frames dissipated the energy well.

Quote:

Last edited by strips007 : 1st February 2011 at 21:36. Reason: spelling
Old 1st February 2011, 21:41   #7361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
swift definitely no seatbelts...
look at the way the steering wheels buckled.
like something or someone wrapped around it with high force..
jeez,why dont people wear belts?
could have ended much better than this for all
Quote:
Originally Posted by strips007 View Post
This accident looks totally survivable with seatbelts and airbags. I would say people should be able to walk away from this if wearing proper seatbelts, airbag will also help. I guess since the bumper of both car at the same height, car's collapsible frames dissipated the energy well.
Yes. I strongly believe all the front passengers would have escaped without injuries had they buckled up.
The Dzire's driver side seatbelt was fully stretched, hence I assume(d) that the driver had worn his seatbelt. Looking at the blood on the dash and on the windscreen of the Swift, I wonder what pleasure people derive by putting their lives at stake.
Old 1st February 2011, 21:47   #7362
Senior - BHPian

The Red Swift's pedals are all mangled! Both cars must have been at a considerable speed.

If it was the high beams, any of the drivers should have atleast slowed down right?
Old 2nd February 2011, 02:32   #7363

PICS of OUR INDIGO Crashed Nr Salem

The pics of our Indigo that crashed near Salem, when it was on the way from Kumbakonam. A Truck without any reflectors was halted on our track. Our driver was also slightly sleepy, when the car neared the truck he was alert and turned the car to the right lane and a bullock car was approaching towards and the he totally lost control and jumped out.. the Car was speeding @ ~ 120.. Luckily there was a Village nearby and the people came n called the Ambulance... Severe Injuries sustained by my Uncle who was on the front seat and Aunt ma aunt was behind..

Old 2nd February 2011, 07:05   #7364
BHPian

OMG! That is a terrible accident. Hope your uncle and aunt have recovered. Is the car a total loss?
Old 2nd February 2011, 07:12   #7365
BHPian

Saw this on my way to work a few days ago, near the Kundenahalli gate (Marathalli). The driver seemed to have hit the concrete slab that holds the street lights. Sad to see a car of this caliber in this state.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-optimizedphoto0176.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-optimizedphoto0177.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks