Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2023, 23:13   #361
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: Seat Belts Saved My Life! True Stories & Pictures from BHPians

Good to know that you & your family are safe & escaped with minor injuries.

My Kodiaq met similar fate recently - rear ended by a loaded trailer while standstill.
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 15:11   #362
BHPian

Glad to know your family is safe. My vehicle got rear ended last week while I slowed down before a RTA check post barricade.

Renault Duster was behind me & a truck came crashing onto Duster and that vehicle rear ended my Hector.

Damages to rear bumper, quarter panel, trunk etc. We all were wearing seatbelts & my child (7 Years) was sitting in the backseat. Wearing seatbelts reduced the impact.

The rear dash cam video which shows the incident.

Attached Thumbnails
ARTICLE: Seat Belts Saved My Life! True Stories & Pictures from BHPians-img_20230112_181031.jpg  

ARTICLE: Seat Belts Saved My Life! True Stories & Pictures from BHPians-img_20230112_181146.jpg  

ARTICLE: Seat Belts Saved My Life! True Stories & Pictures from BHPians-img_20230112_181005.jpg  

Last edited by RaviKBobba : 18th January 2023 at 15:37. Reason: Embedded YouTube link for Video
RaviKBobba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 17:11   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This simple safety device saved me from injuries earlier today, and I'm so glad that the authorities have made rear seatbelts
Appreciate that you have shared your experience here sir and I hope you're okay. An eye opener about safety of rear passengers and importance of rear safety belt.

Unfortunately in most taxis, prime focus is on comfort and ambience , that the seat belt bucke clip are hidden and inaccessible to say the least. High time RTO and other concerned authorities ensure seatbelt and seat belt buckle/ slots are made accessible on priority.
Gautham_v6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 09:04   #364
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys. Have suffered a muscle tear in my shoulder. Don't know whether it's from the accident or the earlier injury, but things definitely worsened after the crash. I got an MRI done.

No matter. I'd rather have a minor shoulder injury than have my face / chest fly into the front seat & suffer more serious injuries.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 09:23   #365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks guys. Have suffered a muscle tear in my shoulder. Don't know whether it's from the accident or the earlier injury, but things definitely worsened after the crash. I got an MRI done.
Oh wow. I somehow missed the original post about your accident. Its incredible how unsettling it gets for an occupant even in a minor brush / fender bender.

A full blown accident - I can’t even begin to imagine how passengers must get thrown around. I must say the mandate of rear seat belts is indeed much welcome in this context.

Take care and speedy recovery to you.

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th January 2023 at 10:22. Reason: Minor grammar fix.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 09:32   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Oops...this is a shocker. A small "jatka" causes this much ?
Take care buddy. Hope it heals quickly.

OT ..Even in our daily activities, one has to be a bit slow as one ages. A sudden movement of our body, a twist here or a turn there, could be serious.
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 09:41   #367
BHPian

Quote:

No matter. I'd rather have a minor shoulder injury than have my face / chest fly into the front seat & suffer more serious injuries.
Thanks for sharing. In your earlier post, you mentioned having the injury in the left shoulder. Can you share your seating position at the time of the crash (behind the driver or the left-rear seat)?

I ask because I suspect the shoulder injury is more likely due to the whiplash than the initial impact. Shoulder impingements are common in whiplash injuries, and your earlier shoulder injury may have increased the severity. A whiplash is even more likely in a Dzire taxi as whiplash injuries are almost a certainty in seats with non-adjustable headrests.
Rohan265 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 16:19   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Happened just yesterday, was in the front passenger seat, friend's car, he was driving. He slept at the wheel and we went off the road. I was just talking to him less than a minute before it happened, he replied, we were both silent for 30s and then I see his hands move the wheel in entirely the wrong direction for the right turn. Car goes down a small slope. Hits a small tree and stops. Both of us are belted up, not a scratch. Guy in the back seat wasn't belted up, cut lip and loose teeth because he was pitched into the back of my seat.

Wear that damn belt.
am1m is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks