Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2023, 21:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Insane or Skilled? Discussion on reckless high-speed bus drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
I think you didn't read the comments properly.
All of them supposedly praising are very sarcastic comments
Yes sir, I did get it but generally when I see these kind of videos, my sarcasm and sense of humour are nowhere around. I just get very serious! Hope that did not sound offensive.
Old 18th March 2023, 21:12   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Yes sir, I did get it but generally when I see these kind of videos, my sarcasm and sense of humour are nowhere around. I just get very serious! Hope that did not sound offensive.
No you were right.
The Y-Tuber who posted the video is totally ill informed and has no clue of rules or common sense, to assume the driver is skilled.

In fact based on this video, someone should report it and the cops can easily book him for
- Overspeeding
- Not wearing seat belt
- Rash driving. (not slowing down at barricades )

Last edited by Fillmore : 18th March 2023 at 21:20.
Old 18th March 2023, 21:23   #33
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

There are many things-
Preferential treatment and lineant towards breaking of rules by police because state govt controls the police.
Bus drivers going through high stress periods of 9 to 10 hours of driving through lanes sometimes cars fear to enter.
Bus drivers negotiating reckless traffic with constant fear of side swapping ignorant two wheelers.
Big vehicle ego built into bus drivers making them feel on top of the world.
The stupid judicial system allowing bail for death by negligent or aggressive driving by bus drivers.
RunGaDa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 21:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
You know why? KSRTC buses are driven safely, drivers take adequate breaks and as a result, they also involved in far fewer accidents compared to private buses.

The private bus drivers drive like morons and crash their buses while showcasing their "skills".
You make a valid point.
Take this video for instance, the KSRTC driver is indeed driving in a very sane manner and respecting oncoming traffic by waiting at the turns.

Fillmore is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 22:17   #35
BHPian

The first video is of Greenline Travels Volvo bys from Asansol to Esplanade route. The existing pack of drivers barring Some are pain and horror for small vehicles plying ahead of them especially Two wheelers.
Old 18th March 2023, 22:48   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Almost takes out another bus at one point. Apparently that’s also a highlight (check the thumbnail).

Lucky for passengers, nothing happened on this particular journey.

Luck does run out sometimes though, reported in the accident thread a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytragopan View Post
An HRTC bus skidded and overturned today on Kullu-Shimla highway.
Attachment 2424072

Attachment 2424073
It was raining today. Speed and wet road surface may be the reason.
https://www.facebook.com/firstverdic...78510508883753
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 01:40   #37
BHPian

This bus driver tops the "highway bully" pecking order ! His survival till date, I guess, could probably be attributed more to other vehicle users, acting predictably while giving way as he blazes his weapon ( air horns). The day someone reacts unpredictably while giving way to this speedster, he can carve a dozen + notches ( if he survives) on the steering akin to the cowboys guns of yore!

As surely as God made apples, this is going to happen and soon; unless someone steps in and drills sense or takes away his 007 licence!
Passatman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 11:27   #38
BHPian

At 9:23 in the video, after overtaking the two-wheeler, the driver is intentionally swerving the bus to the left. An aggressive move simply to scare the two-wheeler rider. This is not skill, this is rather a disqualification for driving on public roads. These sorts of perilous moves can easily have dire consequences like what happened here (Dashcam reveals a horrible accident caused by KSRTC driver killing two youths)
praveesh4u is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 20:09   #39

It's more reckless than speed. It also seems the passengers motivate the driver to drive in such reckless manner for thrills!

Ask any non-auto inclined person, their response to this sort of driving would be that of highly skilled.

Seems cutting our way through traffic, ignoring lanes, and blasting the stupid airhorns is seen as skilled.
Sheogarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 00:53   #40
BHPian

Knowing how to drive is one part and following the traffic rules is another part, which is more important. The rules are meant to safeguard other users too.

The attitude of his honking screams "GET OUT OF MY WAY". The bad habits of this person are overshadowing his driving skills.
Old 20th March 2023, 11:58   #41
BHPian

No, this is absolutely not acceptable! The recklessness and disregard for other people's safety displayed by that driver is infuriating. How dare they endanger the lives of innocent people just to show off their so-called "skills." It's a miracle that nobody was hurt or killed. This kind of behavior should not be tolerated or glorified in any way. The driver must face serious consequences for their actions, and they need to learn that there are real, dangerous consequences to their reckless behavior. It's time for people to stop confusing recklessness with skill and start taking responsibility for their actions on the road.
Old 22nd March 2023, 19:39   #42
BHPian

Honestly speaking. This guy atleast keeps his acrobatics to the highway (i hope so atleast). In Kerala i have witnessed private buses squeeze through cars and other trucks in a 2 lane road. A 2 LANE ROAD! They create a seperate lane for themselves and drive without a hint of empathy for other riders. They scare the living hell out of bike riders. I should say that the driving scene is a bit better in many developed cities. But that is not the case.

Why, yesterday in Chennai, i was out with my aunt and my mom. I was driving as sedately as possible (saying this to break you out of the prejudice that youngsters are reckless). Many BHPians in Chennai must know that driving through Panagal Park is a pain, given the Metro Rail work that is going on in full flow.

For others, the majority of the road was blocked and the only gap left could house a car and a half at max. The rest of the traffic was moving at say 30kmph and i was following suit. This MTC bus, overtook me on the right and proceeded to cut in front of me, while pushing me towards the barricade. I couldnt brake hard either, as that would result in another biker crashing into me.

I then somehow managed to squeeze my car and come to a complete halt without endangering the biker behind me.

Im just saying this to emphasize the fact that reckless driving in the hands of bus drivers does not take place only on highways but also inside the city. Stay safe
shresan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 20:08   #43
BHPian

Note to self : NEVER get on such buses whose driver is a complete and utter maniac behind the wheels .

It's doesn't matter how skilled he is or not, doesn't matter how many trips he is supposed to squeeze in a day , or how much a social media influencer is urging him or not , nothing and absolutely nothing justifies endangering ( or should I say playing ) with lives of others (and their families' future) on the road .

If someone likes to exhibit their driving skills, a closed circuit race track is for that , NOT public roads .
Old 8th April 2023, 20:31   #44
BHPian

Recklessness and overconfident buffoons on the road who have scant regard for rules, life and safety of self and others (both in the bus and those on the road whom they cross). The thrill that they get by bullying others on the road and encouragement that they receive from the ones like the YouTuber gives them pseudo “skilled/ expert driver” feeling jeopardising lives. Sharing this recent article, which is the need of the hour.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...231698841.html
Old 8th April 2023, 20:47   #45
BHPian

They can showcase their "skills" in computer games. No matter how "proficient" are they, humans are always prone to make mistakes and one mistake could cost the life of an innocent on the road. They also tend to get motivated to show off when someone's holding a camera. Their job is to move people safely from A to B and these stunts are absolutely unnecessary.

Last edited by Dead_Pedal : 8th April 2023 at 20:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks