Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2024, 17:32   #12616
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is always better to leave these people to zoom away in front

He doesn't seem to want to live. I'd suggest that he was drunk? Except many of those guys don't need to be. He is overtaking others dangerously too.

He comes so close to clipping the median. When I see people like that, I always think: he could be on the road in front of my car in a flash, and I drive ready for that.

I don't wish any harm to them or their families: but if they must try to kill themselves that is their business. Let them not ruin our lives too.
To add to what @ThadEGinathom said, you had two options (1) speed up and loose him or (2) slow down and loose him. Option 1 is not really possible on that stretch of NH. So your only option is (2). Look at it this way, for all the stunts he did, as far as I can see he did not brake check (If he had brake checked then even option 2 is probably not available for you for he intends to stop you and have a "word" with you). Which means he is happy proving that he can ride faster. Let him.

Last week I had to drive the same stretch (Angamaly to Palakkad actually) and the driving was crazy (evening time 6:30). I just moved to the left lane as soon as possible, left double the gap that I usually keep before me (there were tail gating morons), drove in staggered formation (so that weavers can weave through) till the toll at paliyakara. And I definitely did not loose much on average speed (only took less than 2.5 hours) to reach palakkad which is decent for this part of the highway. But I have to admit it was a nerve-racking situation as I saw many close calls right in front of me.
electric_eel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 12:25   #12617
Distinguished - BHPian

270 traffic offences by this woman rider- fine of Rs 1.36 L imposed by Bengaluru Traffic Police !
The woman rider with so many traffic offences registered against her with fines, pending for a total of Rs 1.36 L was nabbed by the Bengaluru Traffic Police. These offences included riding without a helmet, carrying a pillion rider without a helmet, wrong-side riding, mobile phone usage while riding and jumping traffic signals that were all recorded on CCTV cameras within the city. Her Honda Activa scooter was also seized by the traffic police. The woman rider turned out to be a habitual offender of traffic laws risking her own and others lives too.

The leveraging of technology with CCTV cameras has aided in detection of such offenders. But only time can tell whether she will reform hereinafter ?

https://www.mypunepulse.com/bengalur...ic-violations/

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 17th April 2024 at 12:30.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 15:29   #12618
BHPian

As some of the members have pointed out, the lack of enforcement is one of the biggest problem. From my experience in Bangalore, if you stop/stand in any junction/area outside of the core areas of the city(Where traffic police presence is more) and observe, you will see the following without any regard for the rules.
1. Wrong side driving/riding to avoid U-turns.
2. sharp right turns when entering undivided roads. I still don't understand why people do it.
3. Triple riding, no helmets, no/defective number plates
4. Not stopping at the stop line.
5. You can go and on on....

On few occasions I have seen very aggressive behavior from these riders/drivers to say 'take my photo and report'. Either they don't worry that law will catch up to them to pay or they don't mind the puny fines that are added. 1000 rupees is something majority of the urban population is not worried about.

What is disheartening to see is something that I see almost every day when I wait for my daughter to board her school bus. Children dropped to Schools while violating so many rules. Its a reinforcement learning of bad habits to young minds, apart from the grave danger they are putting their kids to.
Old 19th April 2024, 14:00   #12619

Hello All,

On 18th April, A kid in his 20s riding his scooter in high speed in a busy street applied brakes hard and lost traction. His scooter fell on the ground and skid for 10-15 meters and hit my car. He had small bruise on his knee and scratches on the scooter.
He blamed me for not giving space. After giving him some advice and checking him for injuries I left the place.
Few mins later He came following my car with someone and wanted to talk. He has the audacity of commiting a mistake and getting someone to argue as well.
Now, my patience had reached the limit. I gave both earful and sent them.

Damages to my Car, Driver side running board has dents and scratches.

Observations :
The kid was underage and I doubt he had a license.
No helmet and overspeeding.
As per a bystander (auto driver) he was on phone.
The scooter was typical chapri with no mirror, guard, bald tires etc.

It was a lucky day for him that he had minor injuries despite all these flaws.
I am also lucky that the scooter hit the road and the impact was reduced. else he was aiming to the doors/windows or side panels.
Also there were no school buses or other vehicles around at that time.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-car2.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-car1.jpg  

URWELCOME is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 10:49   #12620
Distinguished - BHPian

Grand10 and i20 were driving recklessly for sometime and this was a close call for the i20. He went ahead and attempted another daring move after this as well.

Bonus - Ignis in front of me was driving without the headlights. This particular stretch is known for some reckless drivers.

This dude driving a "Kerala State" Crysta was showing off his power horns. Few guys had enough and did let him pass. Finally, some drivers couldnt tolerate his torture or thinking he might be in a hurry (Airport or medical emergency), they let him pass only to realise he was going to the mall .
There was no one else in the car.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1.png

I even ask the mall staffs not to let him in since cops had barricaded the entrance. But this dude shows off his spanking new power horns. Normally cops would not let anyone enter if they take the outside lane, but since this car had the "privilege" of being a government car, he was welcomed.

naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks