Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2015, 17:59   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Road trip to Horanadu and Sringeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
On our way back we missed a turn at Aldur and immediately google re-routed us directly to Belur through a state road instead of going via Chikmagaluru. We never released that we were re-routed till 10 mins into the new route. I somehow suspected it was not the right route and enquired a local, who told me to take the NH173 to go via Chikmagaluru.

Yes thats a confusing point indeed. And thats one problem with Google routing. It will always try to help you to reach destination by re-routing. If some how you can mark the next point on the route, then the instant you get away from the intended route, you will know.

Balehonnur bypass towards Aldur, has a nice coffee stop called Bhadra Coffee Stop. A beautiful location surrounded by coffee estates. We were once there on a bright sunny day and it was a very nice experience. Not to mention the good coffee!

I can only imagine how it would be in the rains!
Road trip to Horanadu and Sringeri-img_4262_lr.jpg
Old 22nd November 2015, 19:22   #62
BHPian

Ahhh... We missed a good cup of coffee, especially in that weather just before the rains!!

We saw the place that you mentioned but we were a bit skeptical to have coffee there fearing if the coffee tastes bad. Moreover I was in a hurry to make it to the plains (Chikmagaluru) before the the light fails. But will surely have a cup of coffee next time!
Old 7th September 2016, 18:52   #63
BHPian

Dear friends,
I am planning to drive to Sringeri from bangalore this week end.

I have chosen the below route.

Bangalore - Hassan - Belur - Chikkamagulur - Aldur - Balehonnur - Jayapura - Sringeri

Please let me know the road condition incase someone has opted for this route.
Old 7th February 2017, 10:13   #64
BHPian

BHPians,
My family and in-laws (5 adults and my 2 yr kid) would like to travel to Sringeri from Bangalore, April end Akshaya Tritiya day for pooja. As my WagonR wouldn't accommodate 3 adults in back seat, i'm looking for options to travel. Bus journey is ruled out due to my kid not able to sleep in a bus.
Which is the best travel options left out to me?

Thanks,
Ramki

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks