Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2023, 10:20   #331
BHPian

Re: Gujarat road trip - Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunasok View Post
3. Gir to Diu. Google maps say 3 hours for 100 km. Is it that bad?
4. Diu to Bhavnagar - Google maps say 200 km 5 hours. Again a bad stretch?

Thank you
Varun
This route had a lot of dug for construction during my drive last Mar.
It took me 6 hours from Bhavnagar - Diu. And if my memory serves me right from Ghir to Diu, you will connect to Bhavnagar - Diu road.

My experience about this section (28 State Capitals, 6 Union Territories | All-India Road Trip | Capital Connect)
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 16:55   #332
Team-BHP Support

We were in GJ for a few days recently; and while the main plan was to visit the Statue of Unity, we added Ahmedabad as I wanted to take my daughter to the brilliant aquarium at Science City. Since we were to be in Ahmedabad, thought of checking out two additional places that don't generally figure in most itineraries.

1) Sun temple, Modhera: considered to be the most prominent Sun temple in India after Konark, this temple was built around 1027 CE by King Bhima I of the Chaulukya dynasty.

While the temple was desecrated first by Ghazni, it was then rebuilt, but was desecrated again by Khilji. Post that, there has been no deity in the temple, and there is no worship.

Thankfully, what remains of the temple has been maintained and the entire campus has been kept very beautifully.

Read more: https://www.gujarattourism.com/north...e-modhera.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Temple,_Modhera

Incidentally, Modhera was recently in the news for being the first solar powered village in the country.

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3366.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3363.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3364.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3372.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3379.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3380.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3384.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3434.jpeg

2) Adlaj stepwells: construction was started by Rana Veer Singh in the 15th century to alleviate the water shortage in the region.

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3476.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3446.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3448.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3485.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3470.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3471.jpeg

Post this, we visited the Science City in Ahmedabad. I strongly recommend visiting this place, even more so if you have kids - they'll enjoy all the various sections (Space and Science, Technology, Biology, Earth and so on). More so, hopefully this place serves to invigorate everyone's interest and enthusiasm.

While in A'bad, we visited the recently opened (pedestrian-only) Atal bridge.

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3575.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3583.jpeg

Gujarat road trip - Queries-img_3585.jpeg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 14th February 2023 at 16:56.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 17:57   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Experts,

I'm planning a road trip to Gujarat.

1. Nadabet to Dwaraka - Which route to take? Is it via Santalpur, Shikarpur, Jamnagar or Surendranagar?. Let me know about the safety aspect as well.
2. Any suggestion to stay at Suigam?
3. Gir to Diu. Google maps say 3 hours for 100 km. Is it that bad?
4. Diu to Bhavnagar - Google maps say 200 km 5 hours. Again a bad stretch?
5. Bhavnagar to Statue of Unity - How are the conditions and safety in this stretch if I have to travel in the evenings?

Thank you
Varun
Answering point 3. Gir to Diu was in bad state, and you will doubt whether you are in gujarat as the state is otherwise well known for good roads. When i did this stretch last year, the road was under construction and 4-lane work was in progress with a hell lot of diversions and deep pot holes. so yes 3 hours seems a reasonable time for those 100 kms.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 10:06   #334
BHPian

Hello,
What is the best way to Ambaji mata temple form Jamnagar, gujarat? Google maps is suggesting Jamnagar, Dhrol, Morbi, Gagodar, Radhanpur, Deesa, Ambaji.
Conventional route is Jamnagar, Rajkot, chotila, ahmedabad, mehsana, palanpur, Ambaji

Anyone have recent experience of NH27 of Gujarat?

Last edited by vaibhavyagnik : 17th March 2023 at 10:08.
Old 17th March 2023, 18:55   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavyagnik View Post
Hello,
What is the best way to Ambaji mata temple form Jamnagar, gujarat? Google maps is suggesting Jamnagar, Dhrol, Morbi, Gagodar, Radhanpur, Deesa, Ambaji.
Conventional route is Jamnagar, Rajkot, chotila, ahmedabad, mehsana, palanpur, Ambaji

Anyone have recent experience of NH27 of Gujarat?
The conventional route is the best. Good roads throughout. Roads are not so good and also traffic on the route you suggest - specially between Morbi and Radhanpur.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 17:22   #336
BHPian

Hi all,

I'm heading to Bavla, near Ahmedabad this Saturday and seek some information about road conditions on internal / state highways in GJ.

I am planning on taking a non-conventional route in order to explore the hinterlands of GJ.

Route planned:
- Mumbai to Bharuch via NH8, take a left at Nabipur (post Bharuch)
- Nabipur to Amod via NH228
- Continue on NH228 till Borsad
- Turn left from Borsad onto Tarapur-Vasad highway (NH751D/GJ SH8)
- From Tarapur, head towards Bagodara taking the Vataman-Tarapur highway (NH751D/GJ SH6) and GJ SH8 from Vataman till Bagodara
- At Bagodara, turn right onto the Rajkot-Ahmedabad highway (NH47) till Bavla

Any insights / tips / recommendation would be highly appreciated!
Old 28th March 2023, 21:06   #337
BHPian

Here is my update of GJ trip completed last week, along with road status.
Route: Pune - Ankleshwar - Nilkanthdham, Poicha - Statue Of Unity - Chotila - Jamnagar - Dwarka - Somnath - Junagadh - Kodaldham - Ghogha- Ferry To Hazira - Pune

Pune-Ankleshwar: Good News yesterday fountain road junction bridge was opened to general public, so no more jam in getting in or out from Mumbai. Road works are on at Surat Bypass so faced traffic jam. Rest of road conditions is good, but traffic density high so hardly you get chance to hit three digits for longer duration.

Ankleshwar - Statue of Unity: Good roads, just initial stretch has big speed breakers so need to drive carefully. 70% road is 4 laned.

SoU to Dwarka: Good SH highway with 50% 4 laned. Just at entry of Baroda, concrete work is going on so might slow down a bit. I missed left turn for exit to Bagodara highway so drove till Anand on expressway. Anand to Tarapur (where it joins back to Bagodara highway) was full of slow local traffic. Tarapur to Bagodara is excellent 6 lane highway. Bagodara to Rajkot is still being expanded to 6 lane so lot of bridge work on, but diversions are nicely done so not an issue. Rajkot to Dwarka is 4 laned (only small stretch post Khambalia still incomplete) but high traffic till Essar refinery.

Dwarka to Junagadh (via Somnath): Excellent 4 laned road (small stretch near from Madhavpur to Chorwad is 2 laned but wide) and average traffic.

Junagadh to Ghogha: Goes through many narrow roads in Saurashtra heartlands but road were in good condition. Last Stretch near Ghogha has high truck traffic with bit of broken roads.

Hazira to Pune: Excellent road, just few big speed breakers in port area.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 18:41   #338

Thank you so much, guys. Now that I have returned from my trip to Gujarat, here are the road conditions. We traveled from BLR. It was a 15-day trip starting from BLR on 14th April 2023 to 29th April 2023
  • BLR to Hubli: Excellent road conditions.
  • Hubli to Dharwad: Two-way road with heavy truck traffic; caution required for overtaking.
  • Dharwad to MH Border: No issues reported.
  • MH border to Karad to Satara: Road works are underway, delays at the Karad bridge.
  • Satara to Pune: Good road conditions.
  • Pune to Thane: Expressway is good.
  • Thane to GJ Border: Though there was traffic, it was not that bad
  • GJ Border to Vadodara: Heaviest truck traffic I have seen to date. In many places, road works are on and cars are asked to drive on the opposite side with caution. If you got stuck on the extreme left, some sections may take easily an hour to cross a KM.
  • Vadodara to AMD: Excellent road conditions.
  • AMD to Patan (Rani Ki Vav): Good roads (Bad roads inside the Patan town)
  • Rani Ki Vav to Becharaji via Modhera: Good roads and excellent b/w Modhera to Becharaji
  • Becharaji to Nadabet via Hariji and Radhanpur, Suigam: Good road conditions. For people visiting Nadabet, this can be a good spot to stay back.
  • Becharaji to Dwarka via Jamnagar: Becharaji to Jamnagar - It was good with some rough patches for 30-40 km around Dasada are bad. Jamnagar to Dwarka - Excellent
  • Dwarka to Somnath: Great until Porbandar and nearing Somnath roads are good but a two way
  • Somnath to Gir: Not-so-great roads
  • Gir to Diu: Works are on at most places. Again not so good roads
  • Diu to Una: Very bad
  • Una to Bhavnagar: Works are on at many places. But better than what I anticipated
  • Bhavnagar to Vadodara: Great at some places and not so good at some places
  • Vadodara to Ekta Nagar (SoU): Great roads
  • SoU to NH48 via Netrang Navasari: Good roads

Last edited by ampere : 14th July 2023 at 07:07.
varunasok is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 18:09   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much, guys. Now that I have returned from my trip to Gujarat, here are the road conditions.
Thank you Varun for the update. This is helpful for me now that I am in the final planning stages of my trip. Would you be able to help me with some knowledge about the cleanliness, condition and availability of washrooms on the highways in Guj. During my last travel in 2014/15 it was a pain and we hardly had any. (I would be travelling with 3 ladies)
Old 20th June 2023, 15:23   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
Thank you Varun for the update. This is helpful for me now that I am in the final planning stages of my trip. Would you be able to help me with some knowledge about the cleanliness, condition and availability of washrooms on the highways in Guj. During my last travel in 2014/15 it was a pain and we hardly had any. (I would be travelling with 3 ladies)
Yes, Unfortunately, this is still a pain. I traveled with my daughter and wife. Hence the reason we stuck to Food Courts (Quite a lot between Mumbai and AMD) and Honest Restaurants (Throughout the smaller towns).
varunasok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 14:20   #341

Hi All

Planning for a Rann of Kutch Road trip in November 2023. Is the new road Mumbai to Delhi useable?

Regards,
LN Reddy
lnreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 11:07   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnreddy View Post
Hi All

Planning for a Rann of Kutch Road trip in November 2023. Is the new road Mumbai to Delhi useable?

Regards,
LN Reddy
The new expresway is currently operational only between Delhi and Dausa (Jaipur). I dont expect any more sections opening before November.

You will still have to travel via Pune and Ahmedabad using NH48.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 11:39   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All

Planning for a Rann of Kutch Road trip in November 2023.
If you are mainly interested in white rann near Great Rann of Kutch, November may not be the best time, as in many seasons it happens that white surface starts forming in December. Everything would depend on when the rain stops in the region.
Vishal.R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 11:35   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
If you are mainly interested in white rann near Great Rann of Kutch, November may not be the best time, as in many seasons it happens that white surface starts forming in December. Everything would depend on when the rain stops in the region.

Thank you Vishal we are planning to be there by November 27, 2023, which is full moon day. I will reconsider based on your input.
lnreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 15:51   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All
No. New Expressway is available only from Delhi to Dausa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
+1. Best time for ROK is December-March.

Quote:
Thank you Vishal we are planning to be there by November 27, 2023, which is full moon day. I will reconsider based on your input.
Full moon days for ROK are the best days. However please note that the hotel bookings get full very fast on these days and many hotels overcharge as well. Make your bookings well in advance for full moon nights.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 23rd July 2023 at 15:52.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks