Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2013, 12:22   #61
BHPian

Re: 12 Jyotirlingas - Route Info

Hi Ampere,

I shall try to push till Hubli, secondly, plan to reach Bhimashankar early evening, so that start the next day early to complete Shirdi and Triambak

I need to Aundha Naganatha, was advised to proceed to Nanded and then reach Bangalore via HYD
Old 25th June 2013, 12:34   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
I shall try to push till Hubli, secondly, plan to reach Bhimashankar early evening, so that start the next day early to complete Shirdi and Triambak
@Ranjitp1 mentioned to me that for Triambak you need to walk a lot. So do account for that time. Bhimashankar to Trimbak should be about 200km and from there to Shirdi another in access of 100km. You should be just about able to finish Shirdi. Depending on which one you do second, you stay put there for the night.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 12:47   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ampere,

I need to Aundha Naganatha, was advised to proceed to Nanded and then reach Bangalore via HYD
Temple Darshan at Bimashankar close early on.We couldnt get the darshan at 8.30 pm when i last went. Also two years back when i went there accomodation was not upto the mark. Drawings Room of homes are converted and given at exorbitant rates to travelers. Complete Bhimshankar Darshan early and move towards Shirdi. Even if you are late there are plenty of placees in between to stay.
bhavtol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 16:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@Ranjitp1 mentioned to me that for Triambak you need to walk a lot. So do account for that time.
Last time (2011) I went Triyambak via bus from Nasik. It was around 1 km walk from bus terminal and I could see the cars around. Do the visitors have to park their vehicles far away?

Quote:
Hi Ampere,

Rajesh,

Hope that you had a wonderful trip. Please share your trip details or a mini log of the journey.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 25th March 2014 at 16:31.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:19   #65
BHPian

Hi,

Once again I am planning to do the 9 Jyotirling Darshan as below:

Day 1:
Delhi - Jaipur - PUSHKAR - Bhilwara

Day 2:
Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Ahemdabad - Rajkot - Jamnagar - DWARKA

Day 3:
Dwarka - BET DWARKA - Mithapur(NAGESHWAR) - Dwarka - Porbandar - SOMNATH

Day 4:
Somnath - Amreli - Borsad - Karjan - Bharuch - Navsari - Valsad - Vapi - Andheri (Is this route fine?)

Day 5:
Andheri - Belapur (Navi Mumbai)

Day 6:
Belapur - Panvel - Khopoli - Lonavala - BHIMASHANKAR - Narayangaon - Sangamner - TRIYAMBAKESHWAR

Day 7:
Triyambakeshwar - Sinnar - SHIRDI - GRISHNESHWAR - Ellora - Aurangbad - Beed - PARLI VAIJNATH (Hotel Anasuya Palace 02446-224877/222377)

Day 8:
Parli Vaijnath - Gangakhed - Parbhani - AUNDHA NAGNATH - Nanded (would like to visit) - Nagpur - Gondia
Or
Aundha Nagnath - Hingoli - Amravati - Nagpur - Gondia ??

Day 9:
Gondia - Nagpur - Betul - Khandwa - OMKARESHWAR - MAHAKAAL, UJJAIN

Day 10:
Ujjain - Badhnawar - Ratlam - Mandsaur - Neemuch - Nimbahera - Chittorgarh - Jaipur - Delhi

Here are the MAPS for:

Delhi - Pushkar - Bhilwara - Dwarka - Nageshwar - Somnath - Andheri - Navi Mumbai - Bhimashankar

Bhimshankar - Triyambakeshwar - Shirdi - Grishneshwar - Parli Vaijnath - Aundha Nagnath - Gondia - Omkareshwar - Ujjain - Delhi

Please note that:
  • Would like to do a relaxed driving.
  • I may have planned longer distances so during a day's drive. Please advise if it can be done easily or not.
  • Would like to meet and stay at relative's place at Bhilwara, Anderi / Navi Mumbai (1 night) and Gondia (3-4 nights).

advise me on:
  • Routes planned
  • Road conditions
  • Hotels enroute
  • Vegeterian restaurants / dhabas enroute

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 7th April 2015 at 12:27.
Old 7th April 2015, 13:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Day 2:
Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Ahemdabad - Rajkot - Jamnagar - DWARKA
It may be much faster to take the following route to Dwarka:
Bhilwara-Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Pindwara-Abu Road-Palanpur-Radhanpur-Adesar-Chitrod-Samakhiyari-Maliya-Jamnagar-Dwarka.

Roads are excellent 4-laners, super fast, and you will hardly see any significant traffic till Samakhiyari-Maliya. From Maliya, it is good 2-laner direct to Jamnagar (avoiding both Morbi & Rajkot). With an eraly mrning start, you can comfortably reach Dwarka by the end of the day. Temperatures are going to be sizzling though. Facilities on NH15 route are poor.

The route via Ahmedabad is definitely shorter, but traffic will be high, you have to go through SP RIng Road to bypass Ahmedabad.

Quote:
Day 4:
Somnath - Amreli - Borsad - Karjan - Bharuch - Navsari - Valsad - Vapi - Andheri (Is this route fine?)
Long drive, not easy, but possible with an early morning start. I would suggest you stick to the Somnath-Veraval-JUnagadh-Jetpur-Gondal-Rajkot-Limbdi-Bagodara-Ahmedabad-Baroda route.
THis is faster compared with the 2-laners via Amreli and teh congestion of the Borsad-Vasad-Baroda route. YOu may wnat to cover Sarangpur Temple near Botad, which can be accessed via Limbdi on NH8A between Rajkot & A'bad.

Quote:
Day 6:
Belapur - Panvel - Khopoli - Lonavala - BHIMASHANKAR - Narayangaon - Sangamner - TRIYAMBAKESHWAR

Day 7:
Triyambakeshwar - Sinnar - SHIRDI - GRISHNESHWAR - Ellora - Aurangbad - Beed - PARLI VAIJNATH (Hotel Anasuya Palace 02446-224877/222377)
Congested corridor between the exit on Bombay-Pune expressway at Talegaon Dabhade & Chakan till Narayangaon. Leave very early morning to get the advantage of less traffic.

You could restructure the route as follows:
New Bombay-Thane-Igatpuri-Ghoti-Triambakeshwar-Nashik-Sinnar-Shirdi-Sangamaner-Alephata-Manchar-Narayangaon-Alephata-Ahmednagar-Aurangabad.

You could also do it differently on you way out from Somnath (assuming you want to stay in Bombay):
Baroda-Surat-Chikli-Saputara-Nashik-Triambakeshwar-Ghoti-Igatpuri-Thane-Bombay.

If you do that, then your route profile can change as follows:
New Bombay-Lonavla-Talegaon Dabhade-Chakan-Manchar-Bhimashankar-Manchar-Alephata-Sangamaner-Shirdi-Shani Singnapur-Aurangabad-Grishneswar-Aurangabad-Beed-Parli Vaidyanath

Quote:
Day 8:
Parli Vaijnath - Gangakhed - Parbhani - AUNDHA NAGNATH - Nanded (would like to visit) - Nagpur - Gondia
Or
Aundha Nagnath - Hingoli - Amravati - Nagpur - Gondia ??

I think going to Nagpur-Gondia takes you way out of the circuit. I would rethink of that.

If you drop Nagpur/ Gondia, you could do it as follows:
Aundha-Hingoli-Washim-Balapur-Khamgaon-Malkapur-Burhanpur-Khandwa-Omkareshwar-Maheswar-Dhamnod-Mhow-Indore-Ujjain.

If you do it via Nagpur/ GOndia, then:
Aundha-Hingoli-Washim-Karanja-Amravati-Nagpur-Bhandara-Kohamara-Gondia.

From Gondia, you don't have to return to Nagpur. You could take the following route:
Gondia-Tumasar-Ramtek-Seoni-Chhindwara-Multai-Betul-Harda-Khandwa-Omkareshwar.

Quote:
Day 9:
Gondia - Nagpur - Betul - Khandwa - OMKARESHWAR - MAHAKAAL, UJJAIN

Quote:
Please note that:
  • Would like to do a relaxed driving.
  • I may have planned longer distances so during a day's drive. Please advise if it can be done easily or not.
  • Would like to meet and stay at relative's place at Bhilwara, Anderi / Navi Mumbai (1 night) and Gondia (3-4 nights).
In interior MH & MP, roads are slower, temperatures going to very high, temple darshan timings uncertain. I would suggest you keep an open schedule, give your desire not to push yourself too much.
Old 8th April 2015, 16:08   #67
BHPian

I plan to go to Trimbakeshwar temple from Thane on the 18th of April. And from there on the 21st to Saptashrungi temple, Vani. Any ideas for accomodation near Vani. Also route info from Thane to Trimbakeshwar. Thanks in advance.
Old 8th April 2015, 22:45   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
It may be much faster to take the following route to Dwarka:
Bhilwara-Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Pindwara-Abu Road-Palanpur-Radhanpur-Adesar-Chitrod-Samakhiyari-Maliya-Jamnagar-Dwarka.

Roads are excellent 4-laners, super fast, and you will hardly see any significant traffic till Samakhiyari-Maliya. From Maliya, it is good 2-laner direct to Jamnagar (avoiding both Morbi & Rajkot). With an eraly mrning start, you can comfortably reach Dwarka by the end of the day. Temperatures are going to be sizzling though. Facilities on NH15 route are poor.
Thanks for the advice. The route has been updated. Please check the google map link provided in the end of the post.

Query: What about the night stay at famous Mount Abu? Please advise.

Quote:
Long drive, not easy, but possible with an early morning start. I would suggest you stick to the Somnath-Veraval-JUnagadh-Jetpur-Gondal-Rajkot-Limbdi-Bagodara-Ahmedabad-Baroda route.
THis is faster compared with the 2-laners via Amreli and teh congestion of the Borsad-Vasad-Baroda route. YOu may wnat to cover Sarangpur Temple near Botad, which can be accessed via Limbdi on NH8A between Rajkot & A'bad.
Thanks for the advice. Route is updated. Please check the google map link provided in the end of the post.
Planning for a night at Sarangpur temple after leaving Somnath in the noon. Query: Please advise better place to stay around.

Quote:
Congested corridor between the exit on Bombay-Pune expressway at Talegaon Dabhade & Chakan till Narayangaon. Leave very early morning to get the advantage of less traffic.

You could restructure the route as follows:
New Bombay-Thane-Igatpuri-Ghoti-Triambakeshwar-Nashik-Sinnar-Shirdi-Sangamaner-Alephata-Manchar-Narayangaon-Alephata-Ahmednagar-Aurangabad.

You could also do it differently on you way out from Somnath (assuming you want to stay in Bombay):
Baroda-Surat-Chikli-Saputara-Nashik-Triambakeshwar-Ghoti-Igatpuri-Thane-Bombay.
Thanks for the advice. Route is updated. Please check the google map link provided in the end of the post. There is some confusion in this route (Sarangpur - Triyambak). Aren't we will be travelling more? Also the google maps shows road work in progress.

Now we will visit Triyambakeshwar after leaving Sarangpur temple.

Quote:
If you do that, then your route profile can change as follows:
New Bombay-Lonavla-Talegaon Dabhade-Chakan-Manchar-Bhimashankar-Manchar-Alephata-Sangamaner-Shirdi-Shani Singnapur-Aurangabad-Grishneswar-Aurangabad-Beed-Parli Vaidyanath
Thanks for the advice. Route is updated. Please check the google map link provided in the end of the post.

Quote:
I think going to Nagpur-Gondia takes you way out of the circuit. I would rethink of that.

If you drop Nagpur/ Gondia, you could do it as follows:
Aundha-Hingoli-Washim-Balapur-Khamgaon-Malkapur-Burhanpur-Khandwa-Omkareshwar-Maheswar-Dhamnod-Mhow-Indore-Ujjain.

If you do it via Nagpur/ GOndia, then:
Aundha-Hingoli-Washim-Karanja-Amravati-Nagpur-Bhandara-Kohamara-Gondia.

From Gondia, you don't have to return to Nagpur. You could take the following route:
Gondia-Tumasar-Ramtek-Seoni-Chhindwara-Multai-Betul-Harda-Khandwa-Omkareshwar.

We have kept options open i.e. whether to visit Gondia or not will be decided depending upon the progress.

Quote:
In interior MH & MP, roads are slower, temperatures going to very high, temple darshan timings uncertain. I would suggest you keep an open schedule, give your desire not to push yourself too much.
Thanks for the valuable inputs.
Query:Will it be too hot in mid april? Any specific areas or the complete GJ, MH and MP?

Now please find below my updated day wise (although not fixed) plan below with distances (to help understand better and planing our driving accordingly) among Source and Destinations of each day:

Day 1:
Delhi - Jaipur - PUSHKAR - Bhilwara = 555 kms
Delhi - Pushkar = 400
Pushkar- Bhilwara = 155

Day 2:
Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Pindwara - Abu Road - Palanpur - Radhanpur - Adesar - Chitrod - Samakhiyari - Maliya - Jamnagar - DWARKA = 918 kms
Bhilwara - Udaipur = 171 kms
Bhilwara - Mount Abu = 324 kms
Mount Abu - Dwarka = 630 kms

Day 3:
Dwarka - BET DWARKA - Mithapur(NAGESHWAR) - Dwarka - Porbandar - SOMNATH = 283 kms

Day 4:
Somnath - Veraval - Junagadh - Gondal - Rajkot - Limbdi - Sarangpur (Hanuman Temple) = 333 kms

Day 5:
Sarangpur - Limbdi - Bagodara - Bharuch - Ankleshwar - Chikli - Saputara - Nashik - TRIYAMBAKESHWAR = 688 kms
Query: Please confirm this route in google maps.

Day 6:
Triyambakeshwar - Ghoti Budruk - Igatpuri - Thane - Belapur (Navi Mumbai) = 176 kms

Day 7:
Belapur (Navi Mumbai)- Andheri - Belapur (Navi Mumbai) = 56 kms

Day 8:
Belapur (New Bombay) - Lonavla - Talegaon Dabhade - Chakan - Manchar - BHIMASHANKAR - Manchar - Sangamner - SHIRDI = 389 kms
Belapur (New Bombay) - - Bhimashankar = 205 kms
Bhimashankar - Manchar - Sangamner - SHIRDI = 184 kms

Day 9:
Shirdi - SHANI SHINGNAPUR - Aurangabad - GRISHNESHWAR - Aurangabad - Beed - PARLI VAIJNATH = 429 kms
Shirdi - Shani Shingnapur - Aurangabad - Grishneshwar = 175 kms
Grishneshwar - Aurangabad - Beed - Parli Vaijnath = 254 kms

Day 10:
Parli Vaijnath - Gangakhed - Parbhani - AUNDHA NAGNATH = 118 kms
(In case of visiting Nanded)
Parli Vaijnath - Gangakhed - Loha - NANDED = 107 kms
Nanded - Basmat - AUNDHA NAGNATH = 68.5 kms

Day 11:
(Night stay at Omkareshwar or Ujjain will depend upon driving)
Aundha - Hingoli - Washim - Balapur - Khamgaon - Malkapur - Burhanpur - Khandwa - Omkareshwar = 416 kms
Aundha - Hingoli - Washim - Balapur - Khamgaon - Malkapur - Burhanpur - Khandwa - Omkareshwar - Indore - Ujjain = 556 kms
Omkareshwar - Indore - Ujjain = 140 kms

Day 12:
Ujjain - Badnawar - Ratlam - Jaora - Mandsaur - Neemuch - Nimbahera - Chittorgarh - Jaipur - Delhi = 874 kms
(Ujjain - Jaora via Badnawar - Ratlam = 144 kms)

Ujjain - Nagda - Jaora - Mandsaur - Neemuch - Nimbahera - Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Nasrirabad - Kishangarh - Dudu - Jaipur - Delhi = 828 kms
(Ujjain - Jaora via Nagda = 99 kms)

Query: Shall we not do Ujjain - Jaora via Nagda i.e. avoiding Ratlam?

LINK 1: Map from Delhi till Navi Mumbai (2966 kms)

LINK 2: Map from Navi Mumbai and back to Delhi (2365 kms)

advise:
  • Any more places enroute like Mount Abu and Sarangpur
  • Hotels at all major halts like Bhilwara, Mount Abu, Dwarka, Somnath,
    Sarangpur, Triyambakeshwar, Aundha.

Thanks for helping so much and apologies for such a long post. If required then we can go offline i.e. communication via PM.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 9th April 2015, 09:10   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Query: What about the night stay at famous Mount Abu? Please advise.
Not a great idea in summer. Best avoided.

[quote]Planning for a night at Sarangpur temple after leaving Somnath in the noon. Query: Please advise better place to stay around.

You could start from Somnath early morning, have darshan in Sarangpur & continue towards Bombay/ Triambakeswar, consider halts at Ankleswar/ Surat/.

Quote:
There is some confusion in this route (Sarangpur - Triyambak). Aren't we will be travelling more?
Baroda-Bharuch-Ankleswar-Surat-Chikli-Saputara-Wani-Nashik-Triambakeswar is the route to take.

Quote:
Also the google maps shows road work in progress.
Google Maps is a joke. Disregard everything in it except for a plain reading of the map which is derived from the Govt of India's Survey of India maps, which is correct. Anything added by Google Maps has to be handled with care, and it is better to consult offline on such issues.

Quote:
Thanks for the valuable inputs.
Query:Will it be too hot in mid april? Any specific areas or the complete GJ, MH and MP?
Everywhere will be sizzling hot. Expect the 40s.

Quote:
Day 4:
Somnath - Veraval - Junagadh - Gondal - Rajkot - Limbdi - Sarangpur (Hanuman Temple) = 333 kms

As suggested already, go on from Sarangpur & stay elsewhere that night.

Quote:
Day 5:
Sarangpur - Limbdi - Bagodara - Bharuch - Ankleshwar - Chikli - Saputara - Nashik - TRIYAMBAKESHWAR = 688 kms
Query: Please confirm this route in google maps.
You could finish darshan at Triambakeswar & reach Bombay this day itself.

Quote:
Day 10:
Parli Vaijnath - Gangakhed - Parbhani - AUNDHA NAGNATH = 118 kms
(In case of visiting Nanded)
Parli Vaijnath - Gangakhed - Loha - NANDED = 107 kms
Nanded - Basmat - AUNDHA NAGNATH = 68.5 kms
With an early morning start, you can cover Aundha & reach Omkareshwar by end of the day.

Quote:
Query: Shall we not do Ujjain - Jaora via Nagda i.e. avoiding Ratlam?
Yes, that is the route to take.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 21:47   #70

Bangalore to Jyotirlings in Maharashtra road trip

Hello Team BHPians,

I'm planning a 7 day road trip from Bangalore to jyotirlings in Maharashtra starting Dec 24th. . I need your advice on the route and any other information that could be of help.

Ride : Toyota Corolla Altis (Petrol Auto)
Company : Wifey, 9 year old daughter and my mother.

Day 1 - Bangalore - Parli Vaijnath (~850 kms) - stay at Parli Vaijnath
Start at 6 am and reach Parli 7/8 pm
Route options :
Option 1 - Bangalore-Mehboobnagar-Tandur-Humnabad-Udgir-Parli
Option 2- Bangalore-Sangareddy-Zaheerabad-Bidar-Udgir-Parli

Day 2 - Paril Vaijnath - Aundha Nagnath - Aurangabad
Route - Parli Vaijnath-Parbhani-Aundha Nagnath-Jalna-Aurangabad

Leave Parli Vaijnath by 10 after darshan. Reach Aundha Nagnath by 1 pm. Complete darshan and lunch by 3 pm and leave for Aurangabad - reach Aurangabad by 7 pm.

Day 3 - Ajanta Caves sightseeing

Day 4 - Visit Ellora Caves, Ghrishneshwar and leave for Shani Shingnapur by 2 pm. Reach Shani Shingnapur by 4 and complete darshan by 6. Leave for Shirdi by 6 and reach by 8.30 pm.

Day 5 - Shirdi-Nasik-Lonavla
Leave Shirdi by 9 after darshan and breakfast to reach. Trimbakeshwar by 12. Complete darshan and other sightseeing and leave for Lonavla by 4 to reach there by 9 pm.

Day 6 - Lonavla - Bhimashankar - Satara
Leave Lonavla around 10 for Bhimashankar. Hope to reach there by 1 pm, complete darshan and lunch by 3 pm and leave for Satara which I hope to reach by 9 pm. Satara is essentially a night halt on the way to Bangalore and if time and energy permits I would want to go upto Kolhapur.

Look forward to your advice.
Old 5th December 2015, 22:23   #71
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore to Jyotirlings in Maharashtra road trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitansh View Post
Look forward to your advice.
I have moved your post to this older and a more relevant thread. I think it should answer a lot many of your doubts.
Old 31st December 2016, 17:30   #72
BHPian

Hi All,

Planning to visit four Jyotirlingas in mid of January 2017.

Starting point will be Gondia (MH) with four days in hand, please advise of the following three Jyotirlinga can be covered along with suggested route?
  • Aundha Nagnath (Nagpur - Amravati - Washim - Hingoli - Aundha Nagnath )
  • Parli Vaijnath (Aundha Nagnath - Parbhanj - Parli Vaijnath )
  • Ghushmeshwar (Parli Vaijnath - Aurangabad - Ghushmeshwar - Babhalgaon - Majalgaon - Khopat - Shahgadh)
  • Ellora caves
  • Back to
Bhopal via Dhule - Indore - Dewas

Cheers!
Irish
Old 31st December 2016, 18:20   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Aundha Nagnath (Nagpur - Amravati - Washim - Hingoli - Aundha Nagnath )
You should be able to get good updates till Karanja. As thats the main route towards Shirdi/Pune and I think many on the forum have traversed on that path. (Specifically check posts/logs by member @somos)

Quote:
Parli Vaijnath (Aundha Nagnath - Parbhanj - Parli Vaijnath )
Ghushmeshwar (Parli Vaijnath - Aurangabad - Ghushmeshwar - Babhalgaon - Majalgaon - Khopat - Shahgadh)
Ellora caves
No idea about roads around Parbhani and south of Aurangabad. Would love to hear from others.

But usually roads around Verul/Vaijapur were not that great when I went 2-3 years back. Since you have gone that far, if you have not looked at, do think on an option to stay in Aurangabad and look at Bibi ka Maqbara/Daultabad fort etc.

Quote:
Dhule-Indore-Dewas-Bhopal has been a good sector and I have not read anything bad about it in the last some times. Aurangabad-Dhule may be a mixed bag. Wait for others to comment.
Old 1st January 2017, 05:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Planning to visit four Jyotirlingas in mid of January 2017.

Starting point will be Gondia (MH) with four days in hand, please advise of the following three Jyotirlinga can be covered along with suggested route?
  • Aundha Nagnath (Nagpur - Amravati - Washim - Hingoli - Aundha Nagnath )
  • Parli Vaijnath (Aundha Nagnath - Parbhanj - Parli Vaijnath )
  • Ghushmeshwar (Parli Vaijnath - Aurangabad - Ghushmeshwar - Babhalgaon - Majalgaon - Khopat - Shahgadh)
  • Ellora caves
  • Back to

Cheers!
Irish
Aurangabad (Verul/Ellora)-Dhule-Indore-Bhopal route is superb. Aurangabad to Dhule is two lane and balance four Lane NH-52. From Aurangabad take Nandgaon-Malegaon route and not the Chalisgaon route. Nandgaon-Malegaon route is about 20kms longer but road condition is good. Chalisgaon route is full of potholes from Dhule to Verul.
Just travelled on the above route few days back.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 11:36   #75
BHPian

Hi Guys, I realised the forun had not been updated on Bhimashankar in a long while. I was there on the weekend of 14-15 Jan 2017 and had an excellent driving expirience. Here is a route map for your reference:

12 Jyotirlingas - Route Info-bsnkr.jpg

The onwaqrd journey was via the Mumbai-Pune expressway. Nothing needs to be mentioned about God's own highway. At the second toll exit, you need to take the Talegaon/Chakan exit (The extreme left one) and take the left kink to join the old Mumbai-Pune road. When at the crossing where you can go right to go to Pune, keep driving straight towards Narayangaon. The Vits on the Talegaon Chakan road is a great breakfast pitstop:

Vits Courtyard
Address: Plot P-7, MIDC, Chakan Industrial Area Phase-1, Talegaon Chakan Road, Khalumbre, Pune, Maharashtra 410501
Phone: 02135 666 666

Onwards to Bhimashankar, please check the above map. If you want to make an overnight stop, you can try a simple lodge called Hotel Neelayam at Narayangaon, a small town in the plains. Clean rooms for 800-1000 INR.

Address: Pune-Nashik Highway, Narayangaon, Pune, Maharashtra 410504
Phone:02132 243 936

The next day, we wanted to come via a different route so came via Malshej Ghat per the map above.

Overall spotless drive, zero bad roads, and the sharp twisty curves to Bhimashankar are an absolute drivers delight. Well paved throughout.

Cheers!
vikram31 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed