Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 14:10   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Raipur / Bhilai to Goa : Road info and other queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
a. Suggestion for some decent hotel at Pune (on the route) is welcome, as I'll be travelling with my family I would prefer safe and comfortable ones.
There are decent hotels on Nagar road. Dont remember them. Check with Pune guys. I dont know if there are any on the way that would reduce hassle.

As you say, it may be a good idea to actual stay in Nagar if there are good hotels. Reason being, getting out may be easier from Nagar. But I dont know of any place.

Route for going past Pune:

This is what Parag suggested : Route Link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 14:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As you say, it may be a good idea to actual stay in Nagar if there are good hotels. Reason being, getting out may be easier from Nagar. But I dont know of any place.

Route for going past Pune:

This is what Parag suggested : Route Link
Thanks Ampere for the route.
After joining NH9 I would like to avoid going towards the centre of Pune city, that is the reason I'm asking Pune members would it be possible to take the Pandharpur road from Hadapsar and then take the Saswad Road to join SH114 near the Katraj Chowk.
Old 11th September 2014, 16:32   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
After joining NH9 I would like to avoid going towards the centre of Pune city, that is the reason I'm asking Pune members would it be possible to take the Pandharpur road from Hadapsar and then take the Saswad Road to join SH114 near the Katraj Chowk.
Thats the problem. There is no clean bypass to NH4 from other parts of the city. (May be for the Nashik road via Chakan). But thats about it.
Old 19th September 2014, 00:35   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Now, since the journey is to start on 28th. of this month, I would request for some more information :-

a. Suggestion for some decent hotel at Pune (on the route) is welcome, as I'll be travelling with my family I would prefer safe and comfortable ones.

b. Similar hotel in Ahmednagar as a backup option.

c. What route should I follow to pass through Pune city. Can I stay near Kharadi and continue through SH27 to Hadapsar-Pisoli and join the SH114 near Katraj. I have absolutely no idea about Pune and would really appreciate your help in this matter as I would like to avoid the Monday morning traffic to the extent possible.

d. Similarly, suggestions of a decent hotel in Hyderabad near to the ORR is welcome.

e. Lastly, any news about the latest road condition after the monsoons would be immensely helpful.

Thanks, in advance.
Apologies for the delayed response - was snowed under at work. There are plenty of choices on Kharadi/Viman Nagar area. Premiere Inn, Kharadi and Ibis, Viman Nagar would be decent ones and am told will make one lighter by around 3.5K, not sure whether this is in line with your budget. If otherwise, please let me know and I'll get you some more options.

One of my friends from Kharadi recently did Pune-Goa and he took Kharadi-Swargate(via Nagar Road)-Katraj via SH114.This would ne the shortest and tested route but must admit that unless you start early, could get slowed down once the traffic picks up. At what time do you intend to start from Pune ?
Old 19th September 2014, 11:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subirdas View Post
Apologies for the delayed response - was snowed under at work. There are plenty of choices on Kharadi/Viman Nagar area. Premiere Inn, Kharadi and Ibis, Viman Nagar would be decent ones and am told will make one lighter by around 3.5K, not sure whether this is in line with your budget. If otherwise, please let me know and I'll get you some more options.

One of my friends from Kharadi recently did Pune-Goa and he took Kharadi-Swargate(via Nagar Road)-Katraj via SH114.This would ne the shortest and tested route but must admit that unless you start early, could get slowed down once the traffic picks up. At what time do you intend to start from Pune ?
Thanks Subir.
If I have to cross through central Pune then I think there would be a lot of hotel options on the Nagar Road and near the railway station. But if possible I would like to avoid this route and I have the following question :

Quote:
To be realistic Pune-Goa would be the second day and I would like to start latest by seven, but you cannot say for sure and there is always a chance to be late.
Old 19th September 2014, 11:44   #36
BANNED

Sommos are you going to drive alone or someone else will be also there to share the steering wheel, The distance is big enough so it would be better to have 2 driving hands.
I have done Bangalore to Goa in 12 hours that comes around 600+ kms but had another friend and we shared the driving.
We both were fresh even after 600 km drive in one day.
BTW I am also from Bhilai soon I'll be making trip to Bhilai in bike, thinking of taking Bangalore Hyderabad route and then will divert to south Baster as riding on those dance jungle is something I am missing from past 25 years.
Old 19th September 2014, 17:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Sommos are you going to drive alone or someone else will be also there to share the steering wheel, The distance is big enough so it would be better to have 2 driving hands.
I have done Bangalore to Goa in 12 hours that comes around 600+ kms but had another friend and we shared the driving.
We both were fresh even after 600 km drive in one day.
BTW I am also from Bhilai soon I'll be making trip to Bhilai in bike, thinking of taking Bangalore Hyderabad route and then will divert to south Baster as riding on those dance jungle is something I am missing from past 25 years.
Thanks for your concern; yes I will be the sole driver. It'll be Bhilai-Pune-Goa and Goa-Hyderabad-Bhilai with night halt at Pune and Hyderabad.

It will be nice to meet an ex-Bhilian, if your time permits, Sir.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 16:07   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Subir.
After joining NH9 I would like to avoid going towards the centre of Pune city, that is the reason I'm asking Pune members would it be possible to take the Pandharpur road from Hadapsar and then take the Saswad Road to join SH114 near the Katraj Chowk..
If you are to go through Hadapsar-Katraj Chowk stretch in peak hours on Monday morning, you can expect some decent traffic until you cross Fursungi and hit Saswad Road. Am oblivious of the Saswad Road condition and traffic there, but theoretically couldn't be any worse than going through the heart of city in rush hours. However, let me try to gather some details on the ground and revert to you.

Completely appreciate that if you hit Pune on day 1 after 17-18 hours of drive, start at the following morning could very well be delayed than anticipated, but the solace is you've got 450 Kms to do on the second day.

One of my colleagues recently did Nagpur-Pune and will check with him of the road condition too.
subirdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:38   #39
BHPian

If you are to start from Pune in peak hours or otherwise, the Hadapsar-Katraj Chowk route is not recommended as you would be welcomed by a sea of automobiles (Magarpatta, Mandai traffic) until you are able to hit Saswad Road and the road condition thereafter along with traffic would not make things any better either.

I'll suggest the following route, which will let you avoid the peak city traffic and here it goes :

Nagar Road-Yerwada-Holkar Bridge(once you are on the bridge, take the left exit on the bridge )-cross old Mumbai-Pune highway - Dhanori/Alandi Road-Range Hills Road - Pune University Circle ( take extreme left ) - Pashan Road - Pashan Jakat Naka ( go straight )- Mumbai-Pune Bypass Road(SH47)-Sinhagad College- SH114

While on the Mumbai-Pune Bypass road, keep on SH47 and don't take left towards Katraj - this way you would avoid the Katraj traffic and also the Katraj ghat, which is in very poor state.

Should you be willing to take this route and have any questions, please let me know - don't hesitate to call as well.
subirdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 13:41   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subirdas View Post
Should you be willing to take this route and have any questions, please let me know - don't hesitate to call as well.
Thanks a lot Subir for all the information.
Will surely call you in case I need any help.
Old 10th October 2014, 08:25   #41

Hi
Hope you are back from your trip.Even I am planning a Jharsuguda-Goa road trip starting 12th October.
The route is Jharsuguda-Raipur-Nagpur-Wardha-Nanded (early start,night halt at nanded)
Nanded-Latur-Solapur-Kolhapur-Goa.
The distance is almost evenly distributed amongst these 2 days with 60% distance being covered on the 1st day.

The return is yet to be planned.But in all probability, will start on the 18th october in the reverse sequence.
Please suggest whether the plan is do-able as i am not aware about the road conditions from Nagpur to Goa via this route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks