Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2023, 23:58   #76
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Gujarat : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox88 View Post
Hi Sressh,

I am also planning From Banglore to Surat next week. If you have completed the trip, can you guide on the route, stops, things to avoid etc.? We can start from Bangalore together in case you are ok! I will be travelling with 2021 Ingnis Zeta AMT.
Hello Knox88,
Did you drive from Bengaluru to Surat? Just wanted to know the route, Toll and time taken as have to attend an event in Bengaluru in April.
Thanks in advance.
Old 7th December 2023, 09:14   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Hello Knox88,
Did you drive from Bengaluru to Surat? Just wanted to know the route, Toll and time taken as have to attend an event in Bengaluru in April.
Thanks in advance.
Yes I travelled on 26-27th November'23.

Total toll from Banglore to Surat would be around 1995. I avoided toll booth from Navsari-Surat, check google for alternative route.

You can avoid tall in Banglore if you avoid NICE road (INR 195) depending upon the time and destination.

The route from Banglore till Hubli-Dharwad in Karnataka is good. You will face slow moving traffic from Hubli-Belgavi.

The route from Belgavi to Satara has multiple diversions due to road expansion. But you can cruise around 60-80 kmph depending upon the traffic.

I took Banglore-Dharwad-Belgavi-Satara-Pune-Thane-Surat route.
Knox88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 09:48   #78

Hi Everyone,

I missed to mention that I travelled from Surat to Rajkot via Hajira-Ghogha Roro ferry and the experience was good.

The journey via sea route will not save time if you are travelling to Saurastra from Banglore/Mumbai; however, it is comforting and can be a different experience for a family.

The booking can be done on [Hajira-Ghogha] . Reaching one hour prior to the departure will help in smooth on-boarding and exit. The amenities, seats and ambience on the ferry was comforting.
Old 20th March 2024, 13:43   #79
BHPian

Hello BHPians, A friend of mine is planning a road trip from Bangalore to Ahmedabad via Statue of Unity.

His first consideration is NH 48, Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai - Ahmedabad. But, of late, there are reports of a lot of construction and diversions on NH 48. Is it better to avoid NH 48?

If NH 48 should be avoided, which is the recommended route?

Considering to add Shirdi as a destination, how about this route option? Bangalore - Solapur - Ahmadnagar - Shirdi - Statue of Unity - Ahmedabad

Please provide your suggestions.

Thank you!
Old 20th March 2024, 14:55   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Considering to add Shirdi as a destination, how about this route option? Bangalore - Solapur - Ahmadnagar - Shirdi - Statue of Unity - Ahmedabad
Shirdi - Nashik - Saputara - Dharampur - Valsad - SOU - Ahmedabad

This will help your friend avoid the infamous NH-48 traffic outbound from Mumbai (near Vasai - Virar - Palghar).

Last edited by jigar1791@gmail : 20th March 2024 at 14:57.
jigar1791@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 14:57   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Bangalore - Solapur - Ahmadnagar - Shirdi
No Nagar. Solapur-Aurangabad-Samruddhi Mahamarg-Shirdi

From Shirdi-Yeola-Niphad-Saputara-Chikhli
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 12:36   #82

Did Ahmedabad-Bangalore on 24th & 25th April fully via NH48 (Surat, Mumbai, Pune, Satara, Hubli, Davangere, Tumkur, Dobbaspete, STRR to Hoskote, Whitefield)

Day 1 - The usual Ahmedabad-Pune experience, heavy traffic throughout, NE1/NE4 is a boon. Once you hit MH, the road quality deteriorates as too much construction activity happening. Crossing Mumbai & Pune can be painful depending on the time, need to plan properly. In my experience doing Mumbai Pune Expressway (MPE) in weekdays is better.

Name:  AMD_BLR_Day1_24April.png
Views: 16
Size:  40.9 KB

Day 2 – From 7AM to 1.30 PM there were countless diversions. They slow you down & also take away a lot of your energy. From Sarola till Belagavi 6-laning is in progress. Hubli-Dharwad bypass is as usual slow without divider, in Hubli Dharwad bypass expansion is on-going. Post Hubli the roads are great and can maintain good speeds till Tumkur. Dobbaspete to Hoskote via STRR is a breeze, excellent turf & good lighting in the night.

Name:  Day2_Apr25_Sarola_Whitefield.png
Views: 17
Size:  14.6 KB

Overall, I would suggest not taking the Satara Kolhapur for a relaxed driving experience. The Solapur-Bijapur-Hospet-Chitradurga route is much better in terms of less diversions & traffic if you can plan pitstops & mentally be prepared to cross the whole of Pune.
revvytorques is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks