Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2023, 17:54   #601
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kochi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Hmm. How did this work out for you? How much time did it take? That the road from Thrissur via both routes (Eranallur & Pavaratti) are under construction has been reported several times in the Kerala roads thread. Any signs of it ending soon?
We started from Alathur around 12:40pm, did a Thrissur detour for lunch at Pathans and then started around 1:45pm from the Swaraj Round to reach Guruvayoor at 3:15pm via Pavaratty.

For the return on Sunday, gmaps suggested taking the SH 49 which we did, but had to endure narrow roads in Guruvayoor near the railway parallel road to Dubai road junction and then a flyover construction where that road merges onto SH 49.

Quote:
I am considering Alathur-Wadakkanchery-Kunnamkulam-Guruvayur for our trip later in October.
Might be a better option, but do note that many roads in Guruvayoor are dug up and being repaired, I don't see these finishing soon due to rains. The same is true even in the East Nada of the temple, drains dug up on both sides.

Quote:
All the way from Krishnagiri, actually. In this section the roads coming from Bangalore and Chennai merge, creating a traffic bottleneck that can be quite horrible.
Absolutely!

Last edited by Aditya : 4th October 2023 at 06:29. Reason: As requested
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 18:56   #602
BHPian

Hello folks,

I am planning a Bangalore to road travel this Thursday and will be returning on Sunday. We plan to start by 4:30am and our destination will be Club Mahindra near Cherai Beach. We will be halting for breakfast near Salem before proceeding. Beyond Salem, it will be a new route for me. I plan to take the Erode - Coimbatore - Palakkad - Thrissur - Kochi road.

Please let me know what are good coffee/snack/lunch places with good restroom facilities beyond Salem. I am traveling with my 85+ year old mother, so we might require to take multiple breaks. And what would be the expected time to reach my destination if we start at 4:30am and have an overall break of 1hr en-route.

Thanks in advance,
Prasad
pnredkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 19:37   #603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Hello folks,

I am planning a Bangalore to road travel this Thursday and will be returning on Sunday. We plan to start by 4:30am and our destination will be Club Mahindra near Cherai Beach. We will be halting for breakfast near Salem before proceeding. Beyond Salem, it will be a new route for me. I plan to take the Erode - Coimbatore - Palakkad - Thrissur - Kochi road.

Please let me know what are good coffee/snack/lunch places with good restroom facilities beyond Salem. I am traveling with my 85+ year old mother, so we might require to take multiple breaks. And what would be the expected time to reach my destination if we start at 4:30am and have an overall break of 1hr en-route.

Thanks in advance,
Prasad
There are plenty of eateries throughout the TN stretch , you can stop anywhere and you'll find a place to eat

Salem - Selvi Cafe
Coimbatore - Sre Saravana Bhavan / Ananda Bhavan, Trichy road junction,L&T bypass.

Afterwards you will enter the land of speed cameras.

Enjoy your trip!
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 14:06   #604

Route: Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Erode - Coimbatore - Palakkad - Thrissur - Kochi

I just did this stretch and will post a detailed experience soon.

We started from Bangalore at 4:30 AM and were at our destination (South Kochi) at 1:20 PM with a 30-minute breakfast and 15-minute refueling and toilet break.

Overall, the roads are good, except for 2-3 very small stretches where some construction is happening right now. There is a stretch after you cross Coimbatore, which is 2-lane, where overtaking is difficult, not to mention the speed cameras in Kerala.

To address the speed cameras situation, you can use this application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_IN&gl=US

It works really well and notifies you in advance about speed limits and other details being noted at these speed cameras.

While going, we stopped at the Sarvana Bhavan here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/754SjKXgT8MkofVR9 at around 8:00 for breakfast. Clean and hygienic toilets and decent food.

We had kept some sandwiches to save time with us that we had after stopping on the side of the road on our way at around 11:30 AM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks