Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:41   #31
BHPian

Re: India - pet friendly hotels/ stopovers? Calling all dog lovers

Hi All!

Does anybody else know of a pet friendly place in Vishakhapatnam. Last trip was a little difficult as the booking was cancelled at the last moment due to some other guest.

Just want to keep another option as a back-up.

Thanks in advance!

Rahul
Old 4th April 2018, 21:58   #32
BHPian

Some suggestions in Uttarakhand based on my experiences:

1. Emerald Trail, Jungliagaon (near Bhimtal) - This has to be the most pet-friendly resort ever! Must have experience for any pet lover. All cottages have independent open space / ground ranging between 5000-20000 sq ft. where you can let out your dogs unleashed and they can run around. They provide food for pets at no extra cost. They have their own 4 dogs who stay at the property, so all the staff are extremely pet-friendly. Google and check out their website.

2. Rose Cottage, Hartola - It is a Homestay (a bunglow with 3-4 rooms). The owners who live in Delhi are dog lovers and they allow pets at the Rose Cottage. It snows here during Feb (though we visited in October and did not witness the snow ourselves).

3. Aashritha, Kausani - A big bunglow with about 6-8 rooms. They allow pets. We had a decent experience.

Happy travelling with your pets
Touringlawyer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 17:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post

Does anybody else know of a pet friendly place in Vishakhapatnam.

Rahul
Vizag (Zai Silverline Residency) http://www.silverlineresidency.com/index.html - this is a budget hotel, not that great; but will allow your pet
Krishroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 12:21   #34
BHPian

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any pet friendly properties in South Goa? Need to book for a friend in August. Preferably an entire apartment or something of that sort as they will be travelling with 3 kids and 3 dogs.
Old 3rd July 2018, 09:16   #35
BHPian

I recommend the following 2 Homestays / Resorts in Himachal Pradesh based on my recent travel experience with my 2 dogs.

1. Jibhi Homestead, Jibhi, Binjar Valley, Himachal Pradesh: This homestay has 5 star rating on TripAdvisor from all the reviews and I strongly recommend this place based on my personal experience. They are not a Hotel, but just a Homestay. They serve you delicious home cooked food and their garden area is big enough for the Pets to roam around and enjoy. The host Ishan is a very sweet boy who stays with his family in a house on the same property. He charges around 2000-3000 per room for stay and I think its great value for money.

2. Mahal Farms, Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh: We stayed with them on 2 nights, one each on our way to Jibhi and back. They have very nice and well equipped rooms with TV, Fridge and Hot Running Water through Geyser. When travelling with Pets, ask for their "West End" Room which opens to the garden / open green area.

Happy Travelling with your Pets
Touringlawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 11:11   #36
BHPian

Hi folks,

We went for a 14 day Spiti Valley Expedition with our 2 dogs from 13th - 26th October 2018. I am listing below all the Pet-Friendly Hotels / Resorts we stayed at.

1. Spirits Unplugged, Village Karyali, near Shimla - This is a 2 Bedroom Cottage, the owners of which live in Delhi NCR. It is their Home which is very nicely maintained and the caretaker cooks excellent food. The only downside is that they have 3 dogs of their own which stay at the property, so when any guests arrive at the property with their own dogs, these dogs who stay the property have to be tied up.

2. Kinner Camps, Sangla - They have about 15 Swiss Tents and the service is very good. Tents are also very comfortable. They serve buffet breakfast and dinner. Same problem as above, 3 dogs who stay at the property, so you have to inform them beforehand that you are bringing your own dogs, so that they can tie up their own dogs during the period of your stay.

3. The Monk Camps, Kalpa - They have 5-6 Swiss Tents and some Cottages. Very comfortable stay and delicious north indian food. Cost - Rs. 4000 per night inclusive Breakfast and Dinner. Lots of open garden space for your dogs to roam around.

4. Hotel Tow Dhey, Tabo - The Hotel is in a 3 storey building. Since we were travelling with our dogs and had informed them at the time of booking itself, they gave us their ground floor room which is just outside the main Hotel Building. Hotel Owner is very soft spoken nice person Mr. Anil Bodh.

5. Hotel Deyzor, Kaza - Hotel Deyzor is just amazing. Situated at an altitude of about 3500 metres, they manage to serve you really delicious Indian and continental food alongwith superb desserts. Rooms are also very nicely done up and very comfortable. They also have about 5-6 dogs which live with them, so they will give you one of the two rooms at their ground floor which open into a garden / open area. Highly recommend this Hotel. Host Karan is a very amazing guy.

6. Nomad's Cottage, Losar - Situated at about 4000 Metres, Temperatures in Losar from October onwards are mostly below 0 degrees. When we stayed, the night temperatures ranged between - 15 to -20 degrees. So please be very well prepared with woolens both for yourself and for your dogs. Nomad's Cottage again has very nice and clean rooms. The boys their serve you excellent hot food to keep you warm. They will also provide you with enough blankets and hot water bags to keep you warm.

7. SKY One Ski Resort, Solang Valley, Manali - Stayed at one of their Swiss Tents. Very comfortable. Good food. Plenty of open garden area for dogs to run around and play.

Please Note that from Nako onwards you are officially in Spiti Valley where the Temperatures in Winters are very low. At Losar, where we stayed 2 nights, the temperatures at night ranged between - 15 to -20 degrees Celsius. So if you do travel with your dogs, make sure they are healthy dogs and you are carrying enough woolens for them. We were carrying their well-cushioned round beds and about 8 blankets just for them.

Also, if you are doing the Spiti Valley trip with pets, please make sure that you do not rush it and do the entire circuit in about 10-14 days, to gradually acclimatize to the conditions before you reach the higher altitudes. Good for both you and your pets.

Hopefully, this will help some of you planning to visit the Spiti Valley.

Happy Travelling with your Pets
Touringlawyer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 12:14   #37
BHPian

This thread has been quite for some time. I'm trying to revive it for my personal benefit and also of others. I'm travelling from Goa to Noida next month. I have been trying to find budget hotels for overnight stay near pune, indore , Ajmer or any other place which has pet friendly hotels. If someone ca please suggest/ recommend pet friendly hotels on this route, then will make my travel itinerary accordingly. Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 21:51   #38

I'm watching this thread as well.

I'm also wondering what resources other folks use for planning stopovers / stays / breaks when travelling with dogs, and also when planning outings. Tripadvisor doesn't seem to have a pet-friendly filter, neither does the native Google Maps interface.
Old 19th October 2021, 23:36   #39
BHPian

I am planning a trip from Pune to Delhi with my dog next month. Does anyone have any experience with pet friendly hotels on this route?

Last edited by Aditya : 20th October 2021 at 05:09. Reason: Typos
Old 20th October 2021, 18:52   #40
BHPian

Updating the thread with details of accomodation options we had when we travelled from Bangalore to Kolkata and back with our dogs few months back.

While going from Bangalore to Kolkata, below were the night halts:
1. Hyderabad: excellent farm stay with the entire 2 acre farm all to ourselves
https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/47456111

2. Vizag: This was the worst stay among the three but managed to stay the night without any issues
https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/36772002

3. Bhubaneswar: Excellent stay option in a villa with a big garden for our dogs to run around
https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/13554974

4.While returning, did it in 3 days with stays in Bhubaneswar and Vijaywada. Used the same accomodation in Bhubaneswar and below one for Vijaywada which was also quite pleasant experience
https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/48946172
bong_voyager is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 00:59   #41
BHPian

Did a month long trip with Lucy, my 8 yo lab. Here are few places we stayed at. They are not the greatest of places but I am glad they let Lucy stay and most of them actually loved hosting her.

1. Sari village, Uttarakhand(Place where Deorital trek starts and Chopta is close) - Himalayan Rose Hotel
2. Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand - Hilldew Homestay
3. Barsu, Uttarakhand(Where Dayara Bugyal Trek starts) - Garh Dayara Chhani Homestay. This is 4kms before Barsu. You have to hike 20 mins to this place from the main road.
4. Dehradun - Hotel Satya, ISBT, Dehradun
5. Shilaroo, Narkanda, Himachal - Hotel Vikram
6. Kashmir Village, Kalpa, Himachal - Toknya Homestay. This is at a 15 min hike from the parking. Parking is tough here. The road to parking only allows one vehicle at a time. I got lucky everytime, otherwise onw vehicle would have had to go on reverse all the way of about 400 mtrs.
7. Amritsar, Punjab - Puri Guest House, Man Singh Gate. Not a per friendly location though. No place to poop or pee for miles from here as the location is gully type.
8. Haridwar, Uttarakhand - Hotel Banke Bikari, Near Birla Ghat
9. Badrinath, Uttarakhand - Hotel Himgiri
satyabrata.dash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:39   #42

Recently did a trip to Dandeli with two dogs. We're finding that post-Covid there seem to be lots of pet-friendly stays. Here are somethings that made our trip easier.

1. We had a large-ish family group: 7 humans, 2 dogs, 2 cars: hence we had a little room to negotiate. We made sure to get a totally independent cottage so that the dogs could roam a little indoors.
2. We carried our own bedsheets and dog's beds so that we, and the dogs, were comfortable.
3. Food: we had arranged for boiled rice and milk/curd to be provided daily - thats enough to keep our pups happy.
4. In general one needs to compromise a little - for instance the place we went was well outside Dandeli.
Old 20th January 2022, 12:59   #43
BHPian

Travelled from Bangalore to Lucknow in Nov'21 and had a 3 year old Shih-Tzu with us. Made a stopover at Oakwood Kapil Hyd. They're a nice place with pet friendly accommodation. Charge 750 per night without taxes. Their pet policy is available on their website as of today.
Next was Le Meridien Nagpur, who, on their website, specify that they don't allow pets but agreed to host us when we called them up. Charges for pet here were 1500 without taxes.

We were wary of the dog's reception in hotels before the travel but both the hotels made it very smooth. And the dog too took the whole journey in his small stride
Old 7th November 2022, 10:44   #44
BHPian

Hello all
Please help me to find a resort/ hotel at Jaipur. I'll explain the situation here.

I'm looking for a resort around Jaipur around 25th-27th Nov.

I'm looking for a pet friendly place(I've a gentle German shepherd) for family of 9 people on occasion of my parent's 50th anniversary(26th Nov ). Preferably independent huts or cottages with garden/pool and parking. I've been trying to do it online but not getting good options especially which allow pets.

The main reasons seem to be that it's going to be a weekend with marriage season at peak. So most of the properties are fully booked .
I've even started looking for good bunglows/ homestay etc. But resorts are always preferred.
Were not going to go for any sight seeing and just want to relax for a day or two.

We'll need 3-4 rooms for total 9 adults.

Budget considered is upto 10 k per night per room but I'm flexible with it.
Can anyone please help and suggest someplace to me

PS Jaipur means anything around 40 km radius from city. Infact I'll prefer it to be a nature's lap rather than chaos of a city

Thanks in advance

Last edited by sudanmohit : 7th November 2022 at 10:48. Reason: Missed a sentence
Old 7th November 2022, 11:13   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
Hello all
Please help me to find a resort/ hotel at Jaipur. I'll explain the situation here.

I'm looking for a resort around Jaipur around 25th-27th Nov.

I'm looking for a pet friendly place(I've a gentle German shepherd) for family of 9 people on occasion of my parent's 50th anniversary(26th Nov ). Preferably independent huts or cottages with garden/pool and parking. I've been trying to do it online but not getting good options especially which allow pets.

PS Jaipur means anything around 40 km radius from city. Infact I'll prefer it to be a nature's lap rather than chaos of a city

Thanks in advance
Hi Mohit
You can check out Tree of Life, Inderpura. This is around 204 kms from Gurgaon. We have been there earlier with our dog and it is a nice place for a small family get-together. Though please do check in advance if they are having any marriage functions on that date as they are quite popular for weddings.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks