Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 19:19   #1036
BHPian

Came to chennai yesterday via gudiyattam, bypassing pallikonda

1. Once you reach gudiyattam from palamaner there will be a cross road, where you need to take left towards Katpadi. Take this Katpadi road for around 15 to 20 Kms(not exact) and you will reach a village called vaduvanthangal
2. Once you reach vaduvanthangal ask people for virinjipuram. It's actually a right turn from there. Once you take a right turn you need to cross a manual railway crossing. And in 4 to 5 Kms you will reach the golden quadrilateral at sedhuvalai.

Compared to pallikonda route this takes 15 min extra. Road is very good from gudiyattam to vaduvanthangal. Moderate town traffic at junction which eases out later. It's bit scenic also when you near lateri with odd shaped mountains and paddy fields. Also when you cross railway line at virinjipuram, you get over a small bridge over palar. Good spot to capture gorgeous sunset with no interference of electric lines with hills in the side.

Virinjipuram has a very old Sivan temple. If you are into old temples, you will enjoy this.

If you have free time and bored of regular chennai route you can try this. Definitely not worth saving 65 Rs when you are in a hurry to reach chennai or bangalore.

On the contrary I wonder if one should take the gudiyattam Katpadi road and join golden quadrilateral near aryas Bhavan below the bridge.
prabhuferrari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 11:22   #1037
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Made trip to chennai via krishnagiri-vellore-chennai.
krishnagiri-vellore:
5 divertions with slow moving single lane traffic. can still reach koramangala under 5hrs...visa-versa. while heading to chennai using this route, i would suggest leave early morning. 0500hrs probably.
Vellore-chennai:
Cant go beyond 120kms/hr as the roads are uneven (tarmac). possibly due to heat. however, your return is good. I could easily go between 120-140kms/hr.
Caution:
There continuous to be tight police/RPF presence in Hosur and Krishnagiri. Bhpian traveling to Tamil Nadu, be cautious. Here are few tips i could suggest:
1. Try not to travel in KA registered Vehicle
2. Do not travel alone or as the only male passenger in the vehicle
3. Maintain good speed and do not slow down for possible people (not police) in the middle of the road trying to stop you

Let us hope the Cauvery Water Issue dies at the earliest.
Bhpians who would travel this route, request your regular update/s.
Old 1st October 2012, 19:08   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Caution:
There continuous to be tight police/RPF presence in Hosur and Krishnagiri. Bhpian traveling to Tamil Nadu, be cautious. Here are few tips i could suggest:
1. Try not to travel in KA registered Vehicle
Any specific reason why you mentioned not to travel in KA registered vehicle? Did you face any issues in TN because/if your car is KA registered?

I guess the problem will be in both the sides : KA & TN with other state registered vehicle.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 1st October 2012 at 19:09.
Old 1st October 2012, 23:23   #1039
BHPian

Ravib,

There are chances for a KA vehicle to be targeted in Tamil Nadu and visa - versa incase protests turn violent.

If you intend to travel to TN please check with locals (TN residents) or keep a tab on tamil news, i.e. SunTV, Jaya, etc. before you leave.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:20   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang
Ravib,

There are chances for a KA vehicle to be targeted in Tamil Nadu and visa - versa incase protests turn violent.

If you intend to travel to TN please check with locals (TN residents) or keep a tab on tamil news, i.e. SunTV, Jaya, etc. before you leave.
Has any one traveling regularly through this route faced anything yet? I came to Bangalore this Friday evening and faced no issues. Though it was raining and I traveled between 6pm to 12am. I will return this Sunday and plan to travel between 3pm to 9pm. I have a KA registered car.
Old 2nd October 2012, 15:42   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Has any one traveling regularly through this route faced anything yet? I came to Bangalore this Friday evening and faced no issues. Though it was raining and I traveled between 6pm to 12am. I will return this Sunday and plan to travel between 3pm to 9pm. I have a KA registered car.
Saturday is the bandh for cauvery issue; please monitor the situation and then leave.

There seems to be no problem in TN as of now.

I'd suggest you travel post 1800hrs to avoid worry.
Old 2nd October 2012, 16:50   #1042
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang

Saturday is the bandh for cauvery issue; please monitor the situation and then leave.

There seems to be no problem in TN as of now.

I'd suggest you travel post 1800hrs to avoid worry.
Why take a chance?
Do NOT travel at all on Sat as it is simply not worth it at all.
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:48   #1043
BHPian

Need to drive down to Chennai from Bangalore this weekend. Is taking the Chitoor route ok on Friday evening, or are there any reports of issues on that route too for this cauvery issue? My car is TN registered.
Old 3rd October 2012, 17:21   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25
Need to drive down to Chennai from Bangalore this weekend. Is taking the Chitoor route ok on Friday evening, or are there any reports of issues on that route too for this cauvery issue? My car is TN registered.
Chitoor route is really safe. Last weekend I came by that route, although took diversion at palamaner towards gudiyattam.
Old 3rd October 2012, 19:14   #1045
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Chitoor route is really safe. Last weekend I came by that route, although took diversion at palamaner towards gudiyattam.
Add to it the fact that you dont cross a KA-TN boundary. Its TN-AP and then AP-KA.
In that respect it should not have trouble.
Old 3rd October 2012, 21:52   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Add to it the fact that you dont cross a KA-TN boundary. Its TN-AP and then AP-KA.
In that respect it should not have trouble.
But my car is KA registered and i need to travel to Chennai this Sunday . Plan to start around 3Pm from Banaswadi. Dont know what's in store. I will take Palamaner-Pallikonda-Vellore-Sriperumbudur route.
Old 3rd October 2012, 22:11   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
But my car is KA registered and i need to travel to Chennai this Sunday . Plan to start around 3Pm from Banaswadi. Dont know what's in store. I will take Palamaner-Pallikonda-Vellore-Sriperumbudur route.
I don't think there would be issues for KA vehicles in Chennai. You should be good and fine.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2012, 11:03   #1048
BHPian

Any one heard/experienced of any untoward incidents in Highways in last 2 days because of the Cauvery issue? I will travel on Monday early morning. Will start around 5:30AM from Banaswadi and plan to reach Chennai around 11:30AM.
Old 12th October 2012, 16:03   #1049
SBR
BHPian

Need suggestion.

I plan to travel to Chennai tomorrow morning (Sat) and come back by Monday afternoon.

Plan to leave Bangalore (Hutchins Road) at 4:00 AM on Saturday.

Considering the recent developments, which is the safest route to take as I will be traveling with Wifey & my little kid.

My ride - M-800 MPFI.

advise.
Old 12th October 2012, 17:04   #1050
Senior - BHPian

@SBR

4AM is too early. I would advice you to start by around 5AM or even 6AM and take the OMR. Reach palamenar and from there take the route to reach Pallikonda. From Pallikonda connect to GQ and reach chennai.

I say 5AM for you can drive in day light once you cross the 4 lane with median. And you will have day light when you hit the single lane from mulbagal to Palamenar.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks