Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 21:07   #991
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Thanks a ton for the immediate reply.

Can I scratch your grey cells further?

From C V Raman Nagar I want to go to Mysore. I am keen to avoid going through the Blr traffic, from one corner to another in this case, if I can.

Any suggestion on the best route for traversing Blr city and the better time of the day?
Now you are stretching it further. Shortest route would be to cut through the city which is bit painful with traffic. Best time would be early morning(i have tried from 4AM till say 5:30AM) after 6-7AM, you will start seeing city traffic and it only gets worse as day progresses. But the main problem is while returning.

When are you planning to visit? Saturday mornings(first day of weekend) are most crowded when people want to get out of bangalore and sunday evenings are horrible on the opposite side

Last time i ended up taking NICE road-bannerghatta road-btm-inner ring road-indiranagar-CV raman nagar. longer but definitely faster
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 21:23   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Now you are stretching it further. Shortest route would be to cut through the city which is bit painful with traffic. Best time would be early morning(i have tried from 4AM till say 5:30AM) after 6-7AM, you will start seeing city traffic and it only gets worse as day progresses. But the main problem is while returning.

When are you planning to visit? Saturday mornings(first day of weekend) are most crowded when people want to get out of bangalore and sunday evenings are horrible on the opposite side

Last time i ended up taking NICE road-bannerghatta road-btm-inner ring road-indiranagar-CV raman nagar. longer but definitely faster
I plan a night halt in Blr. The Blr-Mysore trip will be on a working day, so no issues there.

So Blr traversing can not be avoided. And the return journey will be worse. I think I will grin and bear it. Pl wish me luck.

Last edited by skdking : 29th August 2012 at 21:26.
Old 30th August 2012, 09:51   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I plan a night halt in Blr. The Blr-Mysore trip will be on a working day, so no issues there.

So Blr traversing can not be avoided. And the return journey will be worse. I think I will grin and bear it. Pl wish me luck.
You are from Chennai. It will be same as facing Chennai city traffic stuck between Metro construction work. So dont worry.

If you are travelling on a working day, avoid leaving or reaching bangalore at the peak hours (8-10AM and 5-8PM) in between time should be normal
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 11:15   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you're eventual destination is Mysore and you are stopping Bangalore purely for night halt. Then it wouldn't be worth, you can easily make it to Mysore via the GQ.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 15:48   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
If you're eventual destination is Mysore and you are stopping Bangalore purely for night halt. Then it wouldn't be worth, you can easily make it to Mysore via the GQ.
The idea arose in my mind too.

I only want to reach Mysore early in the day.

Else I would not have halted at Blr.

Thanks.
Old 30th August 2012, 16:17   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I only want to reach Mysore early in the day.
Else I would not have halted at Blr.
Unless you have somebody's place to stay in CV Raman Nagar, it makes more sense to stay at Hosur, E-City or somewhere around South Bangalore so that you can make a easy exit.

You can even take Kolar-Malur-Bagalur-Hosur to get on south side if you are doing OMR for kicks
Old 30th August 2012, 21:15   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Unless you have somebody's place to stay in CV Raman Nagar, it makes more sense to stay at Hosur, E-City or somewhere around South Bangalore so that you can make a easy exit.

You can even take Kolar-Malur-Bagalur-Hosur to get on south side if you are doing OMR for kicks
Am staying in office's guestroom in C V Raman Nagar.

Much better than any hotel. Worth the extra time and distance, of course.

But your idea has set me thinking.

I will see if I can plan a different itinerary. Shall post it here for comments.

Thanks.
Old 31st August 2012, 00:02   #998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking, it might be a good idea for NHAI to consider a road from say, Krishnagiri to Kanakapura, for the Chennai to Mysore, Mangalore and Coorg/Wayanad traffic to bypass Bangalore. The actual road distance between the two towns is 130 km via Hosur-Attibele-NICE Road-NH 209 (Google driving directions). The as-the-crow-flies distance seems to be about 85 km, so I guess they might be able to manage this within 100 km. Plus the massive benefit of it being "not via Bangalore".
Old 31st August 2012, 10:32   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I was thinking, it might be a good idea for NHAI to consider a road from say, Krishnagiri to Kanakapura, for the Chennai to Mysore, Mangalore and Coorg/Wayanad traffic to bypass Bangalore.
Problem with doing anything ex-Krishnagiri towards west,southwest would be terrain like how they are blasting out for 6-laning Hosur-Krishnagiri. For such a cost involved, I doubt there would be enough patronage that way.

The simplest thing that should've been done is the NICE should meet Hosur Road outside E-City. Why they joined it on E-City-Bangalore City section is beyond my comprehension.

There are some slightly fun routes to Mysore like Madras-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Mettur-Ammapettai-Gobi-Sathy-Dimbam-Chamrajnagar-Nanjangud-Mysore and Madras-Ulundurpet-Salem-Bhavani-Gobi-and follows previous route to Mysore from Gobi. I was considering them myself during my last week's trip to Mysore purely for fun factor, as the alternates are 100km extra than the conventional Madras-Bangalore-Mysore route.

skdking, Did I give you more ideas?

Quote:
Am staying in office's guestroom in C V Raman Nagar. Much better than any hotel. Worth the extra time and distance, of course..
Makes sense! If you leave like 530-6am you should be fine. Anywhere past 7-730am is when the pain starts.
Old 31st August 2012, 12:50   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking, it might be a good idea for NHAI to consider a road from say, Krishnagiri to Kanakapura, for the Chennai to Mysore, Mangalore and Coorg/Wayanad traffic to bypass Bangalore. The actual road distance between the two towns is 130 km via Hosur-Attibele-NICE Road-NH 209 (Google driving directions). The as-the-crow-flies distance seems to be about 85 km, so I guess they might be able to manage this within 100 km. Plus the massive benefit of it being "not via Bangalore".
Quote:
There are some slightly fun routes to Mysore like Madras-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Mettur-Ammapettai-Gobi-Sathy-Dimbam-Chamrajnagar-Nanjangud-Mysore and Madras-Ulundurpet-Salem-Bhavani-Gobi-and follows previous route to Mysore from Gobi. I was considering them myself during my last week's trip to Mysore purely for fun factor, as the alternates are 100km extra than the conventional Madras-Bangalore-Mysore route.
A while back someone was mentioning an option of Bommasandra-Jigni-Harohalli road to get onto Kanakapura road from NH7 (And Harohalli-Bidadi if one wants to get on to SH17). And if I recall right he said the road was quite OK. That wouldn't add too much to the distance either.
Old 31st August 2012, 15:10   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
A while back someone was mentioning an option of Bommasandra-Jigni-Harohalli road to get onto Kanakapura road from NH7 (And Harohalli-Bidadi if one wants to get on to SH17).
There also seems to be a Hosur-Anekal-Harohalli road. The big question would be about road quality and safety (one can assume traffic will be minimal to nonexistent).
Old 31st August 2012, 15:45   #1002
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Krishnagiri-Rayakottai-Denkanikottai-Thally-Kanakpura

Krishnagiri to Kanakpura

- It goes through the beautiful Panchapalli reservoir close to Rayakottai
- From Thally there are multiple ways to Kanakpura. Either via Hunasanahalli where you can catch the Arobele dam on Arkavathy
- Or take the road via Doddamaralawadi.

Some snaps :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2870530

Quote:
There also seems to be a Hosur-Anekal-Harohalli road. The big question would be about road quality and safety (one can assume traffic will be minimal to nonexistent).

If you have come till Hosur, you might as well take the road to Thally directly bypassing Denkanikottai.

Last edited by ampere : 31st August 2012 at 15:50.
Old 1st September 2012, 19:12   #1003
BHPian

Returned to Bangalore this Thursday using the Thoraipakkam-Chromepet-Nokia(NH4)-Vellore-Krishnagiri-E.City-Banaswadi route.

2:30PM Started from Thoraipakkam, filled at Shell Velachery (below the Palinaker flyway)
3:20PM Reached Nokia
7:00PM Reached BP COCO-Shoolagiri (20 mins break)
9:10PM Reached Banaswadi

When i reached Nokia and met the NH4 there were atleast 50+ huge Nokia buses which left the facility and then took the entire highway to ramsom for next 35-40 kms. They would drive next to each other and no one will overtake others. I think i would have easily gained 20 minutes if somehow i avoided that time. Is anyone aware what time these buses start (3PM?). 40 kms before reaching Krishnagiri i was pounded by very heavy rain and could drive only at 40-50 Kms for about 25-30 mins.
Old 1st September 2012, 20:09   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
When i reached Nokia and met the NH4 there were atleast 50+ huge Nokia buses which left the facility and then took the entire highway to ramsom for next 35-40 kms.
I think Foxconn and Hyundai buses do the same too. Never noticed the time though. Most factories have their dayshift shift going from 7AM ish to 3-4PM ish.
Old 1st September 2012, 20:35   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand

I think Foxconn and Hyundai buses do the same too. Never noticed the time though. Most factories have their dayshift shift going from 7AM ish to 3-4PM ish.
I was once caught in the midst of 40-50 Ford buses at midnight. They bully people off the road and race each other.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks