Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:01   #976
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Have you taken this route (manimangalam) recently?
I take this route regularly and have taken this road four times in the last month. This road except the first 1-3 kms which is a single road the rest of the road is wide two lane with no median but fantastic roads till Tambaram.

Also the 1-3 km stretch is good if you can take it slow and if there are not much opposite lane traffic. Else you have to slow down, stop and move forward.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:09   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I take this route regularly and have taken this road four times in the last month. This road except the first 1-3 kms which is a single road the rest of the road is wide two lane with no median but fantastic roads till Tambaram.

Also the 1-3 km stretch is good if you can take it slow and if there are not much opposite lane traffic. Else you have to slow down, stop and move forward.
one more point regarding manimangalam route. If it's raining don't take it.
Reason: During rain, the mud road for 1 km becomes a real trouble.

And during peak traffic hours don't take it. Once you reach near Tambaram, you will be stuck behind city buses.

In those conditions, better take Oragadam route. (Though a bit longer)
Old 23rd August 2012, 11:30   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand

You can be at Krishnagiri at around 3PM. Krishnagiri-Sriperumbudur is about 3 hours max in my experience (about 230 km), so you should be at Sriperumbudur by 6PM.
Reached Sriperumbudur at 6:40pm. But missed the Tambaram turn after Nokia (don't know how). Went through Poonamallee-Porur and reached Ascendas at 9:10pm. Yes you read it correctly.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 23rd August 2012 at 11:31.
Old 24th August 2012, 14:59   #979
BHPian

Quote:
@Pedal Point.

Never take "Took Tambram - Kishkinta - Somangalam to reach Sriperumbudur." this route to reach Sriperumbudur.

From Tambaram, take the below route.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...sz=13&t=m&z=13

It may hardly take 30 minutes to reach Nokia.
Thanks VW2010. In fact that was the route i was planning initially, but went through this thread for route updates and there was a recent post which suggested to avoid SH110. But looks like this is the beast option as of now (except for the initial 1-3 kms as you have mentioned in one of the replies).
Old 25th August 2012, 07:09   #980
BHPian

I would like to have an update on the OMR widening work. I regularly do Chennai - Bangalore in the GQ but it's very crowded during the weekends especially the Toll Plaza's at Krishnagiri and Attibelle. If the OMR work is competed would prefer taking that road from Ranipet - Chittoor - Palamner - Mulbagal - Kolar.

Any one travelled recently on OMR can share their experience.

Thanks.
Old 25th August 2012, 07:31   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
I would like to have an update on the OMR widening work. I regularly do Chennai - Bangalore in the GQ but it's very crowded during the weekends especially the Toll Plaza's at Krishnagiri and Attibelle. If the OMR work is competed would prefer taking that road from Ranipet - Chittoor - Palamner - Mulbagal - Kolar.

Thanks.
You have like 120KMs to be covered before you reach the next toll roads starting from Mulbagal.

The walajapet is the only city you will pass that may be crowded depending on the time you cross. You by-pass chitoor and pass the ghat sections. The Ghat sections are nicely tared, and good to drive. Watch out for slow moving trucks, but its same as the hosur-krishnagiri ghats. Jut that it has extra turns.

Palamanar to Mulbagal is the only road I think is not so good, but manageable. I stopped taking GQ roads for an year by now. Except if i want to travel in nights.

I feel, it worth the try through the Kolar-chitoor routes.
Old 26th August 2012, 01:40   #982
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
I recently took the OMR route from Bangalore to Chennai and back - please refer Post #949 on Page 64 for details.
Old 26th August 2012, 19:33   #983
BHPian

Quote:
For Bangalore to Thoraippakam this is my suggested best route.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=T...ia=1,2&t=m&z=9

This is the easiest, fastest and some of the best route inside chennai as well as from Bangalore to Chennai.
I would be traveling to Bangalore coming weekend. While going to Bangalore i would take the GQ, since i will be starting Friday around 5PM from Thoraipakkam and don't want to drive in 2 way roads after sunset.

While coming back to Chennai, i plan to start from banaswadi around 4AM on Monday and plan to take the OMR, the route that you suggested in the link above. Would this timing and route be okay. I will reach Chennai and go to office directly

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 26th August 2012 at 19:40.
Old 27th August 2012, 00:06   #984
Senior - BHPian

4am and this route would be perfectly fine. You would reach your office around 1030ish on the upper limit and 945ish on a normal drive.

I started from chennai at 5 near Nokia and reached manyata by 1000am
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 21:23   #985
BHPian

I believe this may be described elsewhere but I need this information urgently and hence repeating the same. Can anyone describe the exact route details regarding the bye-passing of Chittoor (landmarks/turns etc.) and rejoining to GQ (diversion from Ranipet or Walaja etc.) asap? Am planning to start from Whitefield and hence thinking on OMR this time. May pack food but if there are pointers to good food-break points on this route to Chennai, that will also be helpful.
Old 27th August 2012, 21:48   #986
Senior - BHPian

@ajithbr

Request you to check just 2-4 pages before. This is discussed in detail. There are clear markings and route details discussed
Old 27th August 2012, 23:06   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
I believe this may be described elsewhere but I need this information urgently and hence repeating the same. Can anyone describe the exact route details regarding the bye-passing of Chittoor (landmarks/turns etc.) and rejoining to GQ (diversion from Ranipet or Walaja etc.) asap? Am planning to start from Whitefield and hence thinking on OMR this time. May pack food but if there are pointers to good food-break points on this route to Chennai, that will also be helpful.
When you are about to reach chitoor, there is a blue board right in the middle of the road.

The left will be marked as Chitoor - do not take this, as it takes you into the city.

The right one will be marked as Chennai - take this, and continue till you reach a statue in the middle of the road. Take the right from there too, and continue on the same road until you reach the GQ. Its a single main road all the way. And signs are clearly marked. No issue.
Old 28th August 2012, 14:17   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I stay in c v raman nagar and have taken chittoor route for my last two trips. Road is decent except for 10-15 km near AP border.

Another point to note is overtaking on two lane can be irritating during evenings when light is low. Also eatouts are very less.

Plus point is saving of 200 toll one way and distance is shorter by 30 kms. I also get same FE.
I saw this post of yours today.

I stay in Chennai and want to drive down to CV Raman Nagar, Blr.

Which is the best route and the better time of the day for this trip.

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th August 2012, 15:04   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I saw this post of yours today.
I stay in Chennai and want to drive down to CV Raman Nagar, Blr.
Which is the best route and the better time of the day for this trip.

Thanks in advance.
You should try the chitoor route i feel. Take the diversion on GQ to Ranipet and then chitoo-kolar-Bangalore. You will cross the KR-Puram Hanging bridge and you reach CV Raman nagar. No Bangalore city traffic at all at any time of the day.

About the timings:
1.There are not many good eat outs on this route(between Sriperambudur-kolar) so keep this in mind
2. Ranipet-mulabagil is only 2 lane road(though its pretty good and last time i went, it was completely pothole free as well, not sure about the rains), There is truck traffic so better to make it to mulabagil before lights fade.
3. Since you directly enter KR Puram and then CV Raman nagar. you should not get much of the city traffic. but if possible avoid the usual peak hour.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 20:58   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
You should try the chitoor route i feel. Take the diversion on GQ to Ranipet and then chitoo-kolar-Bangalore. You will cross the KR-Puram Hanging bridge and you reach CV Raman nagar. No Bangalore city traffic at all at any time of the day.

About the timings:
1.There are not many good eat outs on this route(between Sriperambudur-kolar) so keep this in mind
2. Ranipet-mulabagil is only 2 lane road(though its pretty good and last time i went, it was completely pothole free as well, not sure about the rains), There is truck traffic so better to make it to mulabagil before lights fade.
3. Since you directly enter KR Puram and then CV Raman nagar. you should not get much of the city traffic. but if possible avoid the usual peak hour.
Thanks a ton for the immediate reply.

Can I scratch your grey cells further?

From C V Raman Nagar I want to go to Mysore. I am keen to avoid going through the Blr traffic, from one corner to another in this case, if I can.

Any suggestion on the best route for traversing Blr city and the better time of the day?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks