Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2016, 19:34   #2476
BHPian

Thanks hserus. Even I had booked KSRTC and got the SMS today afternoon that the bus has been cancelled. I have to reach Chennai before 9 and the morning flights are 12k+.
I have booked another ticket from KPN. If that too gets cancelled, I will drive to Chittoor and will get another bus to Chennai. Mine is KA reg'd car, so I dont think I can drive all the way to Chennai.
Old 3rd October 2016, 08:51   #2477
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

RODE from Chennai to Bangalore today; Was having an high expectation on Police drama & even anticipated angry mobs...but everything to my dismay - Looks like everything is returning to normal (ofcourse with the new focus towards India - Pak war, new things will take attention)

I will say things are returning to normal & not have returned for the following reasons...
  • Traffic density is still very low from Chennai to Ranipet to Vellore to Ambur stretch
  • Could spot only one KA white Verna from Chennai up to Krishnagiri. Usually there would be atleast 5+ KA cars that can be spotted
  • Police at the usual spots are awake & vigilant; from my observation for over 1.5 years, they usually sleep or just wake up during the wee hours
  • Almost all tolls from Chennai up to Vaniyambadi were empty. This is not the usual. Good time for people working at toll to go on holiday
  • Many Truck lay-bye were near to full occupied; especially the one after Vaniyambadi toll which usually has 4-5 trucks during peak time
  • Attibelle toll is still crowded with NO TN buses (including Govt) dare to cross the toll. They take U turn before Attibelle tollgate & people still are made to walk across the border (reminded me of Syrians walking all the way entering into Europe)
  • Only KA buses cross Attibelle tollgate, but didn't spot Police or any form of checking though
  • Very less TN vehicles (in form of cars) were plying from Hosur towards Attibelle, comparitively, there were many TN two wheelers, but still, less in numbers than usually what can be seen on road
  • Many KA cars were to be seen as approaching towards Hosur from Krishnagiri
  • Attibelle to Bommasandra to E.City to Silkboard junction has very low dense traffic
  • Huge pile up of trucks (for about 1 Km) right from Ashok Leyland factory Hosur. This is usual scene, but I could sense there were little more than expected. As expected the KA side CT tax office has ZERO queue
  • After crossing Attibelle, I could spot 99% KA registered vehicles with exception of 1 DD car, 1 NL truck, few AP vehicles & probably a little more than couple of TN vehicles excluding yours truly
  • However ORR has near to normal traffic density BUT almost no TN vehicles to be spotted. During the entire half hour journey in ORR, I could only spot 2 TN vehicles. TN 70 silver Indica & TN 23 White Activa
If any other issue takes main screen on news channels, we can TN-KA border in a week's time instead of Indo-pak border situation!!

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2016 at 22:49. Reason: Removing inappropriate word. Please avoid. Thanks!
aargee is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 08:02   #2478
BHPian

Finally a good news

http://m.thehindu.com/news/cities/ba...5392.ece<br />
Old 5th October 2016, 08:13   #2479
Distinguished - BHPian

The above link is not opening.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle9185392.ece

Quote:
Bus services to Tamil Nadu are likely to resume on Wednesday. The Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation is in talks with its counterparts and government officials.

“We are negotiating with the Tamil Nadu government. Issues like protection of buses are being discussed. Services will resume once we get the required clearance,” Transport Minister Ramalinga Reddy said.

On Tuesday, talks were held with many departments of the Tamil Nadu government. “We have reached out to them and are awaiting their response. People travelling between the two States have suffered enough, and the KSRTC must restart services as soon as possible,” said Rajender Kumar Kataria, Managing Director, KSRTC.
250 bus schedules

The KSRTC operates over 250 bus schedules to Tamil Nadu. Rising tensions over the release of Cauvery water has resulted in an estimated loss of Rs. 50 crore to the corporation. Passengers have been forced to alight at the State border and walk over to Tamil Nadu.

While the date of resuming services was not officially announced, sources said they were likely to begin on Wednesday.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:08   #2480
BHPian

Has someone gone to Chennai today from Bangalore? I have a KA regn car and plan to go to Chennai tomorrow. Will it be safe?
Old 5th October 2016, 13:28   #2481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakv6 View Post
Has someone gone to Chennai today from Bangalore? I have a KA regn car and plan to go to Chennai tomorrow. Will it be safe?
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle9187960.ece

Based on the above link, things are back to normal.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:33   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
By and large, there shouldn't be issues, but nevertheless be careful and don't provoke feelings by driving even remotely aggressively!

If you can time your travel either late in the evening (after 8 pm) OR early in the morning, it will be more better
Old 5th October 2016, 13:52   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle9187960.ece

Based on the above link, things are back to normal.
At least today morning(around 9.30AM), KA vehicles were taking u-turn in Attibele border as TN cops were not allowing. Not sure about the latest update though.
Old 5th October 2016, 13:59   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
At least today morning(around 9.30AM), KA vehicles were taking u-turn in Attibele border as TN cops were not allowing. Not sure about the latest update though.
My friend went to Hosur to drop his sister. He was allowed to enter TN side.

All vehicles are now allowed at both sides. Things are getting back to normal

And I am travelling to my home town near Karur tomorrow. Had cancelled my wait listed train tickets today. Keeping fingers crossed.

Last edited by sbala : 5th October 2016 at 14:00.
Old 5th October 2016, 14:06   #2485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post

And I am travelling to my home town near Karur tomorrow. Had cancelled my wait listed train tickets today. Keeping fingers crossed.
According Tamil TV channels, all trucks and cars are allowed through Hosur check post from today. Police of both states to take a call on allowing busses to pass through.
Old 5th October 2016, 14:11   #2486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As reported in the paper, things are slowly limping back to normalcy. Just to be on the safer side, it is better to leave early in the morning say by 5 AM or late evenings. Karur to Bangalore being around 275 kms should be done in about roughly 5 hrs time.
Old 5th October 2016, 15:38   #2487
BHPian

Quote:

Thats good news finally. I will update the status in evening when i return home.
Old 5th October 2016, 17:10   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
I am in Chennai with a KA regd car.

My cousin has been commuting almost every weekend (except for the high intensity first week) from Bangalore to Chennai and back in his colleague's KA regd car. They normally start late into the night and haven't heard about any issues.

In fact, he took my KA regd car last Sunday afternoon from Chennai to Bangalore around 3pm and had informed that he reached safely in Bangalore by around 9pm.

With respective to driving a KA registered car in Chennai. Have taken my car to office couple of times in a week and have been using it in city drives almost on all weekends, haven't faced any hassle so far.
Avoided taking car on the " TN Bandh" day, though.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 17:14   #2489
Senior - BHPian

I have a KA registered car in Chennai as well and while I haven't yet taken it across the border, after the first week I have been periodically using it for short local drives as well as outside Chennai but not to Karnataka (to Tiruvallur, Pondy) and back.
Old 5th October 2016, 17:59   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Thats good news finally. I will update the status in evening when i return home.
So the news reports are true and now all the vehicles are allowed. As of now govt run buses are not crossing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks