Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:10   #2446
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Just crossed Attibele. I followed very close to the big container truck which had MH registration and KA police did not notice my car at all. So i'm not sure whether they started allowing KA vehicles towards TN side. But once i entered TN side, TN police didn't allow me as expected and asked to return. Then i explained that my home is in Hosur, for which they asked to show address proof Once i showed, they let me go.
Thank you for the update. I will not venture out given the situation. There is no hope that situation will improve till end of this month. Alternatively, I am planning to travel by train (tickets booked and is wait listed )
Old 23rd September 2016, 20:54   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
Thank you for the update. I will not venture out given the situation. There is no hope that situation will improve till end of this month. Alternatively, I am planning to travel by train (tickets booked and is wait listed )
Train is the best option... Today also situation is same here at attibele border. KA police is allowing all KA vehicles, but TN police not allowing unless there's local(hosur) address proof.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 08:42   #2448
BHPian

Since, the next hearing by SC is on 27th of this month and there is bound to be some kind of strong reaction from the court based on legal experts' opinion, it is better to avoid use of Road to cross these State borders.
Old 25th September 2016, 21:37   #2449
BHPian

Planning to go via Chittor to Chennai tomorrow. Is this route safe.
Old 26th September 2016, 06:01   #2450
BHPian

I will be crossing the border on the night of 02 Oct in an AP registered car. Will I be facing any trouble from police either on KA or TN side? My destination is Munnar.
Old 26th September 2016, 06:39   #2451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
I will be crossing the border on the night of 02 Oct in an AP registered car. Will I be facing any trouble from police either on KA or TN side? My destination is Munnar.
As long as your car's registration number is neither KA nor TN, you will not face any issues. All that you need to focus is on safe driving only.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 10:45   #2452
BHPian

How is the situation at the Attibele border, are they allowing KA vehicles to pass from Bangalore to TN side, I have plans to go to Chennai tomorrow night and wanted to have an update. Thanks.
Old 29th September 2016, 12:39   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
How is the situation at the Attibele border, are they allowing KA vehicles to pass from Bangalore to TN side, I have plans to go to Chennai tomorrow night and wanted to have an update. Thanks.
+1 to a need for update, especially those with first hand information. News channels are awaiting outcomes from center (Minister Bharati) meeting with TN and KA governements. Meanwhile, in Bangalore, IPC Sec 144 is on till Sep 30th, ie. tomorrow. Perhaps, situation will hopefully be resolved amicably by end of tomorrow.

Mysore Dassara celebrations are scheduled to start from Oct 1st for 10 days. I am sure this situation if it continues to prevail, will affect participation.
Old 29th September 2016, 13:12   #2454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
My friend crossed the border through Attibele-Hosur today morning in his AP registered car and didn't face any issues. But they did check his number before allowing him to go.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 15:09   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
My friend crossed the border through Attibele-Hosur today morning in his AP registered car and didn't face any issues. But they did check his number before allowing him to go.
What do you mean by checked his number? Going by the posts in this thread, there are no stopping of other state vehicles apart from KA/TN.

I have the plan to cross the border in a AP registered vehicle this weekend, so the query.
Old 29th September 2016, 15:18   #2456
J.Ravi

Yesterday, I rode to Chennai on my Thunderbird 500 amidst torrential rains from Sunguvarchattiram to Chennai. Due to tensions at Attibele border because of Cauvery waters issue, I took a different route this time: Kolar>Bethamangala>Venkatagirikota>Guidyatham>Pall ikonda, which was supposed to the shortest route to Chennai, but time-consuming as the roads go through the towns and villages in KA, AP and TN.

Works were in progress on many stretches from Kolar to Bethamangala. Then onwards, the roads were bad. From Venkatagirikota, the roads were good, but narrow. The TN roads were very good. I enjoyed riding the ghat sections in TN. Will I take this route again? No way. This experiment was solely attributable to the avoidable tension at Attibele due to Cauvery waters issue.

Mine was the only TN-registered vehicle until I crossed KA. The ubiquitous TN trucks were totally absent. Only after entering Venkatagirikota in AP, TN vehicles started giving me company. I saw many TN trucks coming from the opposite direction.

Please see here for more details and pics.
  (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 15:33   #2457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
What do you mean by checked his number?
It was early morning around 4:00 AM, so they used a torch light to check his number and after confirming its AP, they allowed him to go. Maybe if it was KA they would have stopped him.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 09:41   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It was early morning around 4:00 AM, so they used a torch light to check his number and after confirming its AP, they allowed him to go. Maybe if it was KA they would have stopped him.
Thanks for the headsup Arun. I pray and hope that the two states come to an amicable solution very soon.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 09:55   #2459
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks, is it OK to cross the border Chennai towards Bangalore in a KA registered vehicle?

What is the situation like today?
Old 30th September 2016, 10:19   #2460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Hi folks, is it OK to cross the border Chennai towards Bangalore in a KA registered vehicle?
Start eatly morning, say 3AM and drive via Chitoor. That side is 4-lane till KA-AP border.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks