Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 13:16   #1696
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

I just arrived in Madras, using the Chittoor route. Toll rates in Karnataka seem to have gone up as of last night. The two Karnataka tools on that route used to be Rs. 15 and Rs. 61, today they are Rs. 16 and Rs. 64.

Tamil Nadu tolls remain as before.

Cheers
Old 1st September 2014, 13:34   #1697
rv3
BHPian

Planning a trip from Bangalore E-City to Chennai this week. It's been almost 2 years since we drove to Chennai. Leaving on 4th Sept and planning to return on 6th. Will share my experiences once back..

Does anyone know McDonalds or Pizza Huts on the way? Thanks in advance.
Old 1st September 2014, 13:52   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv3 View Post
Does anyone know McDonalds or Pizza Huts on the way? Thanks in advance.

Havent seen any Pizza Huts.
There is one McD in Shoolagiri (between Hosur and Krishnagiri) in a HP COCO bunk alongside CCD.

Saw a KFC and CCD near to a each other on the LHS in the Kancheepuram to Chennai section.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 16:43   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If people have not noticed, there is a new CCD close to Pallikonda toll.
In case if you are driving towards Bangalore, you have more CCD after the one before the Penukonda toll (along with the COCO bunk).
This new one I think is around Ambur, hardly about 25km from Pallikonda CCD.
Adding to this useful post :

Direction : Chennai towards Bangalore

A) 10 Kms from the Vellore fly-over is Anantha's - this is usually where KsSRTC buses stop on their morning runs

B) 5 Kms from Anantha's, is a HP fuel station with a CCD & now an Arya-Bhavan

C) 30 Kms from Anantha's, is another stand-alone CCD

All 3 are on the direction of travel, i.e. Left-Hand-Side...
Old 1st September 2014, 17:01   #1700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
All 3 are on the direction of travel, i.e. Left-Hand-Side...
The best I found from a food quality point of view is Arya Bhavan just after Walaja toll. Very good food. If you start by 4AM from Bangalore, this is an ideal place. You can run to this place in about 3 to 3.5 hours and be in time for a piping hot breakfast. Even if crowded, it moves quite fast.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 17:13   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
The best I found from a food quality point of view is Arya Bhavan just after Walaja toll.
Many thanks, will definitely try it out next time. Any feedback on Murugan-Idly ?

Wondering how many were stuck at the tolls this weekend ?
On Thursday, on the way to Chennai, lost more than an hour in bumper-to-bumper traffic through Hosur.
On Sunday, on the way back, lost an hour at the Krishnagiri toll & another hour at the Attibelle toll !
Considering the state of the highway from the Walaja toll to Kanchipuram, it's criminal on NHAI's part to collect toll on that stretch.
Incidentally, does anybody know the scheduled completion dates for the Hosur fly-overs ?
-
Old 1st September 2014, 17:42   #1702
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Many thanks, will definitely try it out next time. Any feedback on Murugan-Idly ?
Have not tried. Since it also on the other side, I did not go for it. And while return, I usually start by noon from Chennai. Hence I stop at the the CCD before Penokonda for a coffee.
Old 1st September 2014, 19:14   #1703
BHPian

Quote:

On Thursday, on the way to Chennai, lost more than an hour in bumper-to-bumper traffic through Hosur.
On Sunday, on the way back, lost an hour at the Krishnagiri toll & another hour at the Attibelle toll !
Considering the state of the highway from the Walaja toll to Kanchipuram, it's criminal on NHAI's part to collect toll on that stretch.
Incidentally, does anybody know the scheduled completion dates for the Hosur fly-overs ?
-

We had coffee and jigardhanda during our last trip at murugan idly shop. They were pretty good. More importantly the restrooms were clean and well maintained.

The other place we have tried is sai sangeeth, just after the Walaja toll. Decent food.
sbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:03   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Any feedback on Murugan-Idly ?
-
Yes tried it last weekend. The same idly menu and almost the same taste. They have decent rest rooms and a huge parking space inside. They have a juice and Jigarthanda counter too.

Quote:
-
Quote:
-
Count me in. Spent an hour between 8-9 pm.
Having experienced the Krishnagiri toll mess, I decided to avoid the Attibele toll and took the Bagalur route. Though it was a bit of risk travelling with spouse and kid, didnt want more delays and hence decided to take the risk. A very minor struggle at Sarjapur at around 10:30 pm where in the Vinayaka Idols were taken out on procession.

Quote:
-
Thats another frustration, where a lot of people are venting out in this thread.
Believe somebody has filed a case in the high court for the same and the High Court has asked for an opinion of Indian Road Congress.
Contrary, the return section towards Bangalore has comparatively lesser pot holes and uneven tarmac.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:44   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Y
Contrary, the return section towards Bangalore has comparatively lesser pot holes and uneven tarmac.
Now that you say, I too have felt that there were less potholes on Sriperumbadur - Chennasamudhram road than the return. Could it be due to having more curves which are clockwise especially the bye-pases on Sriperumbadur, Sunguvarchatiram, and BaluchettyChattiram?
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:59   #1706
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Now that you say, I too have felt that there were less potholes on Sriperumbadur - Chennasamudhram road than the return. Could it be due to having more curves which are clockwise especially the bye-pases on Sriperumbadur, Sunguvarchatiram, and BaluchettyChattiram?
Yes thats a fact. Its the road towards Chennai which is worse. Esp around Kanchi.
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:02   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Believe somebody has filed a case in the high court for the same and the High Court has asked for an opinion of Indian Road Congress.
May be this is the reason some stretch on return (towards Bangalore) side was black topped on (I saw Aug 19 )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Should be more with sand (and other heavy cargo?) to Chennai than any thing else & the above!

Quote:
On Sunday, on the way back, lost an hour at the Krishnagiri toll & another hour at the Attibelle toll !...
-
All the more reason to stick to Chittor route!
babu.sundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:51   #1708
rv3
BHPian

This is why I first check out in team-bhp before making any outstation trips. The experiences help me a lot.

Thank you to each and everyone for sharing your experiences

I was earlier thinking of leaving Chennai on Sunday but now doing it on Saturday. Since we live in E-City, Krishnagiri route is faster in my view, unless someone else has a different experience.
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:00   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Yes thats a fact. Its the road towards Chennai which is worse. Esp around Kanchi.
I just returned from Chennai today and noticed the roads being relaid around the Kanchi bypass area. This was on the Bangalore - Chennai side.
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:24   #1710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I just returned from Chennai today and noticed the roads being relaid around the Kanchi bypass area. This was on the Bangalore - Chennai side.
That is true. Some time when returning, even I noticed that they were patching up the roads. (I noticed it on Chennai-Bangalore side too). But it seemed like a half heated attempt to me, to solve the problem. It almost looked like since there was a court order to probe the road status, they started to fix it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks