Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 12:43   #1771
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Suresh,

Is the SH 4-lane from Walajabad to Oragadam? Beyond Orgadam the 4-lane part is well know till Vandal;ur is know and many use it. If the entire stretch is 4-lane then great. Typically Sriperumbudur to Oragadam has lots of truck traffic thanks to many manufacturing outlets in there.
Yes Amp, the stretch from Walajahbad to Oragadam is a 4 lane SH. Work is going on in full swing to make it a 4 lane road. About 90% of the road is a 4 lane one.
It is a treat to drive on this stretch.

Even on this stretch we have many companies like Allison transmissions, Komatsu and other manufacturing cum IT companies.

Last edited by suresh_gs : 6th October 2014 at 12:45.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 13:26   #1772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Suresh,

Is the SH 4-lane from Walajabad to Oragadam? Beyond Orgadam the 4-lane part is well know till Vandal;ur is know and many use it. If the entire stretch is 4-lane then great. Typically Sriperumbudur to Oragadam has lots of truck traffic thanks to many manufacturing outlets in there.
More than the 4 lane aspect, the traffic in the temple town of Kanchipuram can be a mess. I experienced the same during my onward and return journeys. We have to find out if there is any option of reaching Walajahbad without touching Kanchipuram.
Old 8th October 2014, 13:37   #1773
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Has anyone travelled to TN from KA after the bail was denied ? How is it looking ?

I'm a little worried by the looks of things, (KSRTC buses cancelled and posters etc) since i have an upcoming trip with my family. Any advice will be greatly beneficial as we will make alternate arrangements and catch a train/fly.

Thanks in advance.

KA registered car. :-|
Old 8th October 2014, 14:20   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Hi Guys,

Has anyone travelled to TN from KA after the bail was denied ? How is it looking ?

I'm a little worried by the looks of things, (KSRTC buses cancelled and posters etc) since i have an upcoming trip with my family. Any advice will be greatly beneficial as we will make alternate arrangements and catch a train/fly.

Thanks in advance.

KA registered car. :-|

I too have the same predicament and looking to see how it will be to drive back from Tvm to Blr on Sunday via Madurai and salem in a KA car. I came to tvm last Sunday ie 05/10. There were very localised gatherings and protests in the form of human chain on some areas near to town crossings and toll booths then. Now with bail denial I am thinking whether to take the other route through kerala connecting to Karnataka.
Old 8th October 2014, 14:27   #1775
BHPian

I am travelling from Bangalore to Thrissur in KA registration vehicle on Friday morning. Should i expect any trouble with the rejection of bail Petition?

I am travelling with my wife and son so I am really worried about the travel as i want to go via Hosur, Krishnagiri, Salem, Avinashi, Palakkad, Thrissur route. I am aware that i can use the alternate route through Mysore - but want to avoid it as this route is better in terms of road as i have see on this forum.

Please provide any kind of advice or anything you heard about the situation on the highways - specifically for a KA registration vehicle.
Old 8th October 2014, 16:45   #1776
BHPian

Another Thread has been started on the same note

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ct-2014-a.html

Was seeing some in some news channel that KA vehicles were stoned near Kanchipuram. They didnt even spare a KPN Bus, which had a KA registration, but owned by a Tamilian. Better wait till thursday to see the situation and then take a call. Normally this anger will die down in a couple of days.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 09:51   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV500_BLR View Post
I am travelling from Bangalore to Thrissur in KA registration vehicle on Friday morning. Should i expect any trouble with the rejection of bail Petition?

I am travelling with my wife and son so I am really worried about the travel as i want to go via Hosur, Krishnagiri, Salem, Avinashi, Palakkad, Thrissur route. I am aware that i can use the alternate route through Mysore - but want to avoid it as this route is better in terms of road as i have see on this forum.

Please provide any kind of advice or anything you heard about the situation on the highways - specifically for a KA registration vehicle.
At this point the only option seems to be overnight drive which can be taxing no matter even if you are an experienced driver. I don't foresee any major problems as if things go out of control, president's rule will be imposed in TN which AIADMK will not opt for.I have one more suggestion to make. Why not try this route?

Via Kanakapura,Kollegal,Chamarajanagar,Gundlupet,Bathe ry,Kalpetta,Thamarasserry,Calicut,Ramanatukkara,Ko ttakal,Pattambi,Shoranur to Thrissur.

Experts, your suggestion please
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 10:34   #1778
BHPian

Thanks for help Suresh - I dont think I will opt for night driving in any case . I am also of the same view that there may not any trouble. I just checked on websites and news that generally there has been normalcy and also the KSRTC buses have resumed their services from yesterday. I think (and fervently hope) that everything is going to be fine.

Regarding the Gundlupet route (Either through Sulthan Battery or Nilambur) - I will be trying that for the first time - but since the route is supposed to be with lots of twists & turns and also since there has beed widespread rains (which might have damaged the roads I am assuming) - it might not be a great route at this point of time in my mind. So looking at both the options - I think i will go ahead with BLR-Salem-Coimbatore-Pallakad-Thrissur route. Will defintely update this thread once i reach back on Monday.
Old 9th October 2014, 10:52   #1779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the Gundlupet route [...] - it might not be a great route at this point of time in my mind.
You are in the wrong thread. Ask in (or simply peruse) these threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ds-kerala.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ute-query.html
Old 9th October 2014, 12:25   #1780
BHPian

Yes, regarding the route i am in wrong thread, I am aware of that. But my discussion was more to do about the conditions while driving to Thrissur (within TN) for KA vehicle. Hence .
Old 11th October 2014, 08:22   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, regarding the route i am in wrong thread, I am aware of that. But my discussion was more to do about the conditions while driving to Thrissur (within TN) for KA vehicle. Hence .
XUV500_BLR, did u drive down to Thrissur? How was the overall mood in , any problems faced or is it all kind of settled ?. A fellow HVK'an told me that now things are under control.
Old 13th October 2014, 15:24   #1782
BHPian

Hi All, Yes, I drove down to Thrissur on Friday morning and came back in the same route (BLR-Salem-Coimbatore-Palakkad-Thrissur) on Sunday morning. There as absolutely no problem. Everything was calm and peaceful. In fact forget any demonstration - there was not even a poster of anybody on the route.

So overall I can safely let you know that as of now - this route is safe for travel.

Regards,
XUV500_BLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 09:56   #1783
BHPian

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore

Dear BHPians

Here is my update on the road status between Bangalore and Chennai

Road Conditions

1. For people living in west of Bangalore NICE seems to be a good alternative - Yes it is expensive for the roads it provides especially from Tumkur Rd till Mysore road where it is in bad shape but it helps save an hour atleast and stress free driving

2. Hosur Toll - This is definitely a bottle neck due to the merging traffic coming over the Bridge and from the sides

3. Many bridge over passes have been completed but there are still some stretches that are very poor and really get worried looking at the stone sizes

4. Roads from Krishanagiri till Ranipet is an absolute bliss to drive and this is where I see a lot of people driving very fast . Have seen the bouncy Verna's and SX4 driven at speeds definitely in excess of 120+

5. Roads after Ranipet - Less said better it is !! The roads are definitely full of pot holes and you need drive with very good reflexes as the drivers attempt crazy manoeuvre's to avoid the pot holes

Only solution is to slow down

Dining options

1. Onward journey - Krishna Bhavan or Inn (am not sure) was the chosen location for Lunch and we weren't disappointed. Feasted on Ghee Roast and chappathi.

2. Return journey - Same location as didn't want to enter Vellore city for Saravana Bhavan and none of us were hungry either

Disappointment - Didn't serve coffee at 4:00pm

Rest Rooms

1. The rest rooms in the HP e filling joint is the best used till date. This is in comparison to A2B in Soolagiri and Saravana Bhavan vellore.

Hope people find this information useful

Cheers
csateesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 15:37   #1784
Distinguished - BHPian

Need help from the Bangalore-Chennai experts:

Need to drive down on Saturday for a function. The function is at Premavathi Hall (JD Mahal) 200ft road, Kovilambakkam. Question is what is the best approach to this place? Google Maps indicates to deviate from Sriperumbadur via what seems to be marked as SH110 (Sriperumbadur-Mudichur-Tambaram) Road. Is this the right route? Or is there a better option?

On the return we plan to leave around 8 PM (multiple drivers are there). How is the night drive on this stretch?
Old 30th October 2014, 16:07   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Kovilambakkam is on the Tambaram to Velachery road - around 7 or 8 km down the road from Tambaram. So this looks like a reasonable route to me. That last stretch is horribly crowded so please be aware.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed