Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 19:03   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Thanks,guys. I was thinking of HSB, Vellore as we have to make a social visit for a couple of hours there. Will keep this Ghar Dhaba in mind. As it will come on the right side, how much of a detour will be there for a U turn?
Not even half a km. Barely 200 metres or so.
Old 17th May 2010, 19:13   #272
Team-BHP Support

Ghar Dhaba is Adyar Anand Bhavan. Better to start early. Crossing Ponamalle is always trouble. The earlier you do, the better.
Old 17th May 2010, 19:44   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Ghar Dhaba is Adyar Anand Bhavan.
Oh!!! I never knew this; @Gansan Sir, this is on the other side of the road & you may be driving nothing less than 1-2 Kms to reach the other side back & forth. When you're going towards Bangalore, you may not even notice as the opposite lane is not visible & appears like a one way. Its easy to enter to AAB when you're coming from, but difficult when going towards Bangalore.

Correct me if I'm wrong @Ampere

Last edited by aargee : 17th May 2010 at 19:46.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:18   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Oh!!! I never knew this; @Gansan Sir, this is on the other side of the road & you may be driving nothing less than 1-2 Kms to reach the other side back & forth. When you're going towards Bangalore, you may not even notice as the opposite lane is not visible & appears like a one way. Its easy to enter to AAB when you're coming from, but difficult when going towards Bangalore.

Yes not much indication, I have missed the turn to AAB many a times when travelling to blore..
Last time unaware that I missed the turn, I came across hp bunk with coffee day & was wondering what happ to AAB at that place as it was a total makeover. When I enquired, I came to know this has come up of late & I missed my target(AAB) by around 10 kms.

One need to be very careful when coming in or out of AAB when travelling towards bangalore, it is a bit of slope & difficult to notice oncoming vehicles at night. I always take this turn with danger lights on.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:23   #275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Yes not much indication, I have missed the turn to AAB many a times when travelling to blore..
Last time unaware that I missed the turn, I came across hp bunk with coffee day & was wondering what happ to AAB at that place as it was a total makeover. When I enquired, I came to know this has come up of late & I missed my target(AAB) by around 10 kms.

One need to be very careful when coming in or out of AAB when travelling towards bangalore, it is a bit of slope & difficult to notice oncoming vehicles at night. I always take this turn with danger lights on.
Guys,

Ghar Dhaba distances are mentioned from either side.

Please note all hotels at the BP petrol bunk campus are called Ghar Dhaba. Just that the ones on NH7 at Krishnagiri and Thoppur are managed my A2B.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:39   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ghar Dhaba distances are mentioned from either side.
Ampere Sir, what're the signs to be watched for when I come from Chennai - pls let me know, it will help me this Saturday

Quote:
Just that the ones on NH7 at Krishnagiri and Thoppur are managed my A2B.
The one at Thoppur is a killer business; I was there on last Saturday morning around 9:00 & man!!! I saw nothing less than 50-60 cars parked & made me feel like a used car show room & guess what? Most of them are KA than TN registrations. Same day evening around 6:00 I saw about 10 cars & looks like they've tie up with ABT travels. Whatever be it, they're in a good business at Thoppur.
Old 17th May 2010, 20:56   #277
Senior - BHPian

^^^^ It comes within few kms after the toll gate. You can see plenty of sign boards mentioning how far you are from the BP Petrol bunk/ Ghar dhaba. You can't miss that easily.
Old 17th May 2010, 21:01   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ampere Sir, what're the signs to be watched for when I come from Chennai - pls let me know, it will help me this Saturday
The place about 30km from the Krishnagiri turning (NH46/NH7). After 25 you should signs about Ghar Dhaba saying 3 -2 -1 Km ahead etc. Its just over a hill and hence you cannot see from far.

You need to take a U turn and come back.

According to me this one does even bigger business than the one at Thoppur as you would see crowds from BLR-CHENNNAI and bothe Salem.

Last edited by ampere : 17th May 2010 at 21:02.
Old 17th May 2010, 21:10   #279
Senior - BHPian

How is the fuel quality at this BP Ghar? Anybody filled there?
Old 17th May 2010, 21:16   #280
Senior - BHPian

Yes. It is a company owned and operated outlet, and i have had no issues there. Also all of KPN's Volvos tank up here.
Old 10th June 2010, 20:12   #281
BHPian

Blr - Chennai route query

Sorry if its OT, but i wanted the latest update on the route to chennai.

Bangalore - chennai

Here is what is suggested in another thread

1) Assume u know Hosur Rd, Keep on going u will soon pass Electronics City...
2) At Hosur u will encounter a flyover, go over it.
3) From Hosur flyover to another 45km (this is a beautiful stretch) u will reach a toll booth...
4) Pay Toll (Rs 25 - onesided, Rs 38 - if u r returning in 24 hours)
5) Immediately after toll booth (Krishnagiri) u will get a flyover go over it....
6) U will again get a 2nd flyover, DONT GO OVER IT
7) Take the side lane instead (There must be an arrow indicating Chennai left)
8) In another km, u will get a signal, Take left (direction Chennai, Vellore is given)
9) That is NH46 to Chennai also part of completed GQ....in another 100 odd km u r in Vellore...It will not take more than an hour from krishnagiri...

1. Does this info still hold good ?
2. Where do you enter in chennai ?? I am specifically looking to go towards the airport
3. Chennai to blr - is the exact opposite or there are some variation.

PS: I will new to this route (never travel'd here)
Old 10th June 2010, 20:18   #282
J.Ravi

quadra,

Here are the answers to your queries:

1. Yes. This information is correct. However, before Krishnagiri toll plaza, you have to pay toll at Attibele [mandatory] and before that, toll for elevated road [optional], if you use it.

2. You will enter Chennai at Poonamalli bypass. Better go on the BP and if you go straight, you will go via Annanagar. After Poonamalli BP, if you take right turn and then left turn after a few km, you will go via Porur, Ramavaram and Guindy Kathipara junction.

3. Chennai to Bangalore: follow the same route in the opposite direction.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 10th June 2010 at 20:23.

Old 10th June 2010, 21:14   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
quadra,

Here are the answers to your queries:

1. Yes. This information is correct. However, before Krishnagiri toll plaza, you have to pay toll at Attibele [mandatory] and before that, toll for elevated road [optional], if you use it.

2. You will enter Chennai at Poonamalli bypass. Better go on the BP and if you go straight, you will go via Annanagar. After Poonamalli BP, if you take right turn and then left turn after a few km, you will go via Porur, Ramavaram and Guindy Kathipara junction.

3. Chennai to Bangalore: follow the same route in the opposite direction.
Thanks a lot Ravi. How is the traffic en-route on the highway on early morning weekends ?

1. For early morning - should i refuel one day before (i prefer shell) or fill up on the route ? Any shells on the way ? The shell on hosur road (before EC1) is it open 24*7 ?

2. Pit - stops (for early mornings 5am-9am ish) ?

3. Anything specific (dangerous) things to watch out for on the highway ?
Old 11th June 2010, 10:10   #284
Senior - BHPian

@quadra
Going towards airport? What is the exact area you want to reach? A little longer, but hassle free route will be to go right past Poonamallee, Porur, and take a right turn to the bye-pass road from Maduravoyal to Tambaram. This way you will be entering from Tambaram and can easily drive up to the airport. This is a toll road and will cost about 20 rupees.

Last edited by Gansan : 11th June 2010 at 10:11.
Old 11th June 2010, 13:38   #285
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Thanks a lot Ravi. How is the traffic en-route on the highway on early morning weekends ?

1. For early morning - should i refuel one day before (i prefer shell) or fill up on the route ? Any shells on the way ? The shell on hosur road (before EC1) is it open 24*7 ?
Shell I think is open 24X7. But good to tank a day before.

Quote:
2. Pit - stops (for early mornings 5am-9am ish) ?
A2B, Kamat and CCD. All before Krishnagiri. Nothing else of the way. Saravana Bhavan at Vellore is far from the highway.

Quote:
3. Anything specific (dangerous) things to watch out for on the highway ?
After the Kanchipuram traffic increases esp. with local buses. Need to watch out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks