Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2016, 10:22   #2461
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Start eatly morning, say 3AM and drive via Chitoor. That side is 4-lane till KA-AP border.
How about the Vellore Krishnagiri etc? Is it still an issue for KA cars returning into Karnataka?
Old 30th September 2016, 10:44   #2462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
How about the Vellore Krishnagiri etc? Is it still an issue for KA cars returning into Karnataka?
I am not sure about cars but I spotted many TN Trucks entering NICE Road this morning (0730am) which was a usual sight.

Apart from that, check few recent posts where few of them have mentioned that cars' registration numbers are checked by cops from both the sides and allowed to enter either of the states.

Also - Last Saturday I was driving on Devanahalli - Dabaspet road and spotted high density of TN trucks taking this road for Pune/Mumbai highway (NH4). It means they would have taken the Hosur - Bagalur option to reach here safely as opposed to the tense border near Attibele.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 10:52   #2463
Senior - BHPian

Which means the roads are opening up again. Even Attibele is about preventing TN cars going into KA or KA cars going into TN - nothing about KA cars entering KA.

Can't come back but I guess I intend to sell the car there and get myself a TN car - this situation is a bit too ping pong for me right now.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 11:26   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Which means the roads are opening up again.....

Can't come back but I guess I intend to sell the car there and get myself a TN car - this situation is a bit too ping pong for me right now.

Same here. Keen to return to Bengaluru to put my KA Duster on sale and buy a TN registration vehicle. What a sorry state of affairs! Made to feel alien in India itself.

Practically, any idea when it will be alright to drive to Bengaluru in KA vehicle through Hosur/Attibele?

Cheers

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st October 2016 at 08:09. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
Old 30th September 2016, 11:49   #2465
Distinguished - BHPian

Can't people just drive down via chittoor? What gives?
Old 30th September 2016, 12:33   #2466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Can't people just drive down via chittoor? What gives?
I am sure there are police checkpost there too, as Ravi confirmed in a post in his trip to Chennai from Bangalore, even though he took a off-beat route there was checking there too.

For people with KA vehicles and wanting to come to Bangalore, there should be no problem from the police on either side, just that they have to be cautious and aware of miscreants wanting to damage the car en route.

The problem is as Hserus pointed out, the reverse flow of TN and KA cars are a question mark here, if its allowed by police or not.
Old 30th September 2016, 12:43   #2467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
The problem is as Hserus pointed out, the reverse flow of TN and KA cars are a question mark here, if its allowed by police or not.
I asked a traffic police inspector. He flat out said that taking cars tn to ka or vice versa (back to the home state) should not be a problem but they cannot do that in the opposite direction, that will be stopped by police checkposts.
hserus is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 13:12   #2468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked a traffic police inspector. He flat out said that taking cars tn to ka or vice versa (back to the home state) should not be a problem but they cannot do that in the opposite direction, that will be stopped by police checkposts.
I am wondering how long this will continue. This is a restriction of freedom of movement of the people.
Old 30th September 2016, 13:34   #2469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
I am sure there are police checkpost there too, as Ravi confirmed in a post in his trip to Chennai from Bangalore, even though he took a off-beat route there was checking there too.
True, they have blocked couple of side routes as well that skips the main check-post at KA-TN border.
Old 1st October 2016, 02:36   #2470
BHPian

Well, travelled to Chennai from Bangalore, first hand information from me, its a mess in the Attibele and hosur side with police checking randomly and sending back a few vehicles and allowing some vehicles.

They are not asking for any papers for like whether you are a hosur resident or not, just plain arbitrary 'go or no go'.

Was lucky to be allowed out and am in Chennai now, traffic was very very sparse.

So, the confusion still continues.
Old 1st October 2016, 05:11   #2471
Senior - BHPian

That is you were allowed out of KA into TN with a TN car right? Or did you take a KA car into TN?
Old 1st October 2016, 07:55   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
That is you were allowed out of KA into TN with a TN car right? Or did you take a KA car into TN?
I took a KA car out of Bangalore into TN and to Chennai.

The TN police were in random turning back some KA cars, that's what I meant in my post above, sorry if I was not clear.

Last edited by anandtheleo : 1st October 2016 at 07:56.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 12:25   #2473
BHPian

What are the bus options to travel to Chennai from Bangalore tomorrow night (Sun, Oct 2) night. Are KSRTC buses plying between this route? I am able to book KSRTC buses online, but do not want last minute cancellation.
Do you know of any AP buses plying via Chittoor route?
Old 1st October 2016, 16:01   #2474
BHPian

Its a mess at Atibele border, was driving a KA registered vehicle from Blr to Chennai and had to convince police at the border and took an alternate route to skip Krisnagiri checkpost (An additional 90kms)

Drove on the Chittor road couple of weeks back, seems to the only option between Bangalore & Chennai for now.
Old 2nd October 2016, 16:40   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
What are the bus options to travel to Chennai from Bangalore tomorrow night (Sun, Oct 2) night. Are KSRTC buses plying between this route? I am able to book KSRTC buses online, but do not want last minute cancellation.
Do you know of any AP buses plying via Chittoor route?
All ksrtc buses both Hosur and Chittoor routes are canceled. I was lucky to find a cheap flight ticket tomorrow afternoon

Most Viewed