Team-BHP - Planning for Goa, where to stay?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Planning for Goa, where to stay? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/23693-planning-goa-where-stay.html)

Hi, planning a small trip to goa for four days, two things where i need help is which part of goa is best for stay, our idea is to relax and do some adventure sports,(nahh to sight seeing n city tour)
am looking at the budget of 1000-1500 for a room
are there any resorts on hills also?
am looking for some cottage style
and which is the best place for hiring good british style bullet.
Thanks in advance
Wadhwa Ajay

I personally found Palolem and Arambol beach to stay and relax...There was a beach resort near Morjim which is also quit calm and relax...

But for motor sports, you have to come to Calangute & Baga beach which will be crowdy...Otherwise you could have tried Calangute Residency which will be in your range...

Abhi

Hi Ajay,
You can stay at any of the GTDC Resorts, it is quite decent and a very reasonable tariff too.
Check their site (Goa Tourism Development Corporation) for details.

a4, sent you a pm with all contact info of a hotel that i find pretty good. Its near calangute beach. you can contact Leslie and he will set you up.

Cheers

guys is it really hot these days there, i was assuming as its near to sea must not be that hot like Delhi,, wt u say

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4_attitude (Post 428188)
guys is it really hot these days there, i was assuming as its near to sea must not be that hot like Delhi,, wt u say

Personally I feel Goa is never hot nor cold, it is itself a new experience... Simply go and enjoy!! Just leave that place called DELHI and enjoy :)

Abhi

If you want something away from the rush in Calangute then try Sea Pearl Guest House-Holiday Home by the Sea, Seapearl-Low Cost Accommodation on the beach in Goa. They are fairly reasonable and have decent clean rooms.

And for more universe load of information you can check out - Goa - India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4_attitude (Post 428188)

hey i was in goa first week of april and its not very hot just quite humid which is obvious...but its not unbearable

Hi Ajay,

Where ever you stay, what ever you do, you haven't
finished your trip if you haven't visited Titos, the club,
Amazing Theque, small floor, max Foreign crowd,
world class Djs.

As students, we had to put up at Hotel Sea Princess,
at Vasco (Ask anyone at the Govenment bus stand).
It was very cheap 700 per day. 1 kms from the Vasco
beach. We rented out Bikes for 3 days
(Zmas and Pulsars , 350 - 400 INR)

The best beach (for me) is anjuna (bottle green waters)
cleanest of all.

We got to see the Goa Carnival also in February!

Did Banana rides, played each football, fished.
The paragliding was expensive then 1500.
So that remained a dream. But fulfilled it
at mahabaleshwar minus the waters.

All in all, Goa always brings smiles whenever i remember it!:)

Best of luck! Ride safe! Enjoy yourself!

Warm Regards,

Pervez Patel.

thnx for advise, how abt some tips on hiring enfield?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4_attitude (Post 428292)
thnx for advise, how abt some tips on hiring enfield?

I always felt goa temparature to be hot and humid and more so during summers.

Regarding the bike, as advised you can check with the hotel folks or ask any local guy on the street. Do carry your license along with you and the charges range between Rs.400 to Rs.600 per day and petrol would be yours.

Ajay,

Check out this website also. Link

Ajay... I think you have had enough of suggestions for staying places. Now in case you do not find anything that suits your taste and yet matches your budget PM me. I think I can suggest you an alternative that, the chances are, you will like very much.

zappo.... please shoot.

I stayed at ICG (International Convention Center Goa) and I think it is a fantastic place to stay. Members get superb rates but otherwise also rates are fantastic. In March when I went there I got rooms at some 1200 bucks a day (non-member rate). AC rooms with cottage style build... nice place... Check it out. Its in Panaji... not very far from Dona Paula Jetty. In fact there is a private beach close to this place maintained by two 5 star hotels (and hence fantastic) where you can easily go without any questions being asked.