Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2008, 15:43   #31
BHPian

Guys, my trip to mussoorie is conformed, i will be leaving on 10th may early morning. I have booked At surbee resort, does any one of the Bhpian going there that time.
Old 1st May 2008, 15:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
cann you please tell me teh route I shd take, I know GD has given me very good link, but still any more information will be good and where should I stay.
Hi Bruty,

You are Atam's friend, no?

GD has sugegsted you the shortest route to Mussori. I suggest an alternate, a bit longer but more scenic.

Take Delhi->Meerut->Roorkee->Haridwar->RishiKesh route. Then from Haridwar drive towards Tehri, take left turn from Chamba to Mussorie via Kanatal/Dhanaulti. Kanatal and Dhanaulti both are secluded, beautiful places and you can spend a night over there if you wish.

Road from Chamba to Mussorie is less travelled and very scenic. You'll love it.

\N
Old 1st May 2008, 17:07   #33
BHPian

Hi ntomar, yes I am his friend. Infact I am planning Mussoorie as base and will visit to Chanma,[FONT=Arial]Dhanaulti and Chakrata from there as they are at veryshort distance from mussoories if nedded I will stay at one of these places. How does it sound.[/FONT]
Old 10th October 2012, 17:43   #34
BHPian

Re: Advise hotel in Dehradun / Mussoori

Hi,

Saw this thread while looking for hotels in Dehradun. Considering the fact that this thread is a pretty old one, can people who have traveled recently or live in and around Dehradun recommend decent hotels in Dehradun for stay during end of October?

Also, would like to get info on road conditions and travel times between Dehradun and Mussoorie. Are cabs available from Dehradun to Mussoorie and what is the normal rate for hire for a one way trip?

We have bookings in Mussoorie for a resort for couple of days and was considering the option of checking out a day earlier and staying in Dehradun for a day to see around and leave Dehardun to Delhi. Is that a good idea or we can do a day trip to Dehradun from Mussoorie?

Regards
Rex
Old 19th November 2012, 14:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

^Just back from this area last week.
I did not go in a car and did not stay at Dehardun/ Mussoorie, so cannot comment much on the accommodation and the route.
I had traveled in a tourist bus and I found that the roads are strictly average between Haridwar - Rishikesh and Haridwar - Dehardun - Mussoorie.

Overall, I was disappointed with the road conditions in this part of Uttaranchal. I wonder what the conditions would be around Kedarnath, Jim Corbett areas.
Old 8th October 2014, 23:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
ok....so you're comin here....good...dehradun isn't hot as of now because its raining....quite comfy

so hotels in dun would be:

1.madhuban
2.great value(clarks earlier)
3.ajanta
Navpreet, Bumping into a very old thread. I see that you are from Dehradun. I want some advice on a one week trip between Dec25-Dec31 2014 which I have planned as below

1. Take a flight to Dehradun from Bangalore
2. Go directly for 2 nights and 3-day stay at Mussorie.
3. Stay at Dehradun from 4th day. Visit temples and nearby places at Dehradun for 2 days.
4. Hire a cab and cover Haridwar / Rishikesh in one day (Possible?) and get back to Dehradun
5. Get a flight back to Bangalore on the 7th day.

This is a very rough plan that I made as of now. I need your advice to let me know if the above plan looks reasonable. Your recommendations on the hotels to stay in Dehradun and Mussorie. The climatic conditions during end December. Does it snow in Dehradin during that time and I might have to take into account the resulting delays that could cause. Also with the heavy rush in Rishikesh and Haridwar, covering both temples in one day - is it realistically possible?

Sorry for the multiple questions. I have not crossed Mumbai as far as northern part of India is concerned. Entirely new to that place and dont know what to expect. Hence seeking your advice.

I am traveling with my family - wife, 12 year old daughter and 6 year old son.
Old 8th October 2014, 23:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

My suggestions in Bold-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Navpreet, Bumping into a very old thread. I see that you are from Dehradun. I want some advice on a one week trip between Dec25-Dec31 2014 which I have planned as below

1. Take a flight to Dehradun from Bangalore
2. Go directly for 2 nights and 3-day stay at Mussoorie.
3. Stay at Dehradun from 4th day. Visit temples and nearby places at Dehradun for 2 days.
There are not may temples in Dehradun other than Tapkeshwar and Shastradhara so it can be done in 1 Day.
4. Hire a cab and cover Haridwar / Rishikesh in one day (Possible?) and get back to Dehradun
So now that you have an extra day, you should do one day for Haridwar and one day for Rishikesh. There are such a number of places to visit in both the places that you won't be able to do them both in a single day. Both are about an hour and a half drive away from dehradun.

Alternatively you could also stay one day in Rishikesh( for example one of the many hotels next to Ganga(Ganga Azure)).
And the other day in Haridwar. And then drive down 1 hour to the Airport and fly off.
5. Get a flight back to Bangalore on the 7th day.

This is a very rough plan that I made as of now. I need your advice to let me know if the above plan looks reasonable.
Yes pretty good plan. Just make sure the kids have warm cloths so that they don't get too cold.
Your recommendations on the hotels to stay in Dehradun and Mussoorie.
Depends on your Budget. Look up tripadvisor. Loads of good hotels. Ideally I would choose one on the Mall Road or very very near to it.
The climatic conditions during end December. Does it snow in Dehradin during that time and I might have to take into account the resulting delays that could cause.
It does not snow in Dehradun. But one cannot be sure of snow in Mussoorie. If it does, the whole Delhi comes over. They're all held up in a Jam from Dehradun to Mussoorie which in the past has extended to 2 days( I kid you not!) And then all hell breaks loose. I have not been able to go and see snow in main mussoorie for the past 6 years because of dilliwallahs( no offence ).
Frankly you can't do anything about it. Leave it on chance.

Also with the heavy rush in Rishikesh and Haridwar, covering both temples in one day - is it realistically possible?
There are quite a few places in both the towns and as mentioned above you should do them in one day each. Maybe even stay at these towns.

Sorry for the multiple questions. I have not crossed Mumbai as far as northern part of India is concerned. Entirely new to that place and dont know what to expect. Hence seeking your advice.
Let me know if there are any more queries.

I am traveling with my family - wife, 12 year old daughter and 6 year old son.
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 23:30   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
My suggestions in Bold-
navpreet, Thank you so much for your quick feedback and suggestions. I will rework the dates and places of stay based on your suggestion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks