Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2019, 20:22   #241
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Srisailam : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How is Haritha @ Srisailam now ?

Had some misgivings about the acco rooms during my last visit many years ago.
Not that well maintained when I visited last August.
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 10:34   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How is Haritha @ Srisailam now ?

Had some misgivings about the acco rooms during my last visit many years ago.
Visited Srisailam thrice in the past 4 years and twice stayed at Haritha. Atleast a year back, it was not a great place to stay. Once there was a nail jutting out of the back of the bed and had to hammer the same back to place. That was dangerous. Could have badly hurt someone's head.

The plus point however is that it is literally a stone's throw away from the temple and has ample parking space. There is a 'not bad' restaurant too just in case you do not want to go out to eat.

Call and casually check with them if there has been any construction /modifications done during the past year. If yes, then the place would have improved. Alternatively check out the various choultries maintained by the Temple. Details are provided in the temple website. I had my misgivings before staying there as it was a family trip. But the rooms are decent. Some of them even offer good food.
Ram78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 11:15   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Are there any good places to have lunch in Srisailam? I have been there thrice but couldn’t figure out any. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
There is a place at the corner of the main road beside the temple (where you keep your footwear). I think it is run by the temple management /society and i had some tasty breakfast there. The ambience is just okay'ish. They may also serve lunch,though im not sure. Check with anyone near the temple about the exact location and they will be able to guide you to the place.
Old 26th August 2019, 11:35   #244
Senior - BHPian

Update of my travel to Srisailam yesterday.

Went through RGI Airport road to join the Hyderabad - Srisailam highway.

The roads up to Brahmanapalli
Dual laned with a lane for bikers throughout. Excellent condition of the road.
2 tolls enroute.
Kadathal toll does not have fast tag.
The other toll is fast tag enabled.

Brahmanapalli to Munanur checkpost.

Dual lane highway decent without potholes.
The check post is open from 6am to 9.30pm.
Have to plan occordingly to cross the Ghat section.

Munanur checkpost to Srisailam.
Dual carriage way.
The speed breakers is well placed now and at select places where u need to slow down.
Not well marked speed breakers.

Now the temple opens at 3am.
For sevas and Occomodation go through the temple website.
Very little number or private occomodation available.

Last edited by gajadonga : 26th August 2019 at 11:38.
gajadonga is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 20:30   #245
BHPian

Planning to go to Srisailam this month end. I initially thought of staying at Haritha, but, because of the bad experiences mentioned by few bhpians, thinking otherwise.
If not Haritha, are there any other better accommodations, other than caste based Sathrams?
As much as I hate anything based on caste, that seems to be the better option (as per my friend).
rajendra2278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 08:41   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajendra2278 View Post
Planning to go to Srisailam this month end. I initially thought of staying at Haritha, but, because of the bad experiences mentioned by few bhpians, thinking otherwise.
If not Haritha, are there any other better accommodations, other than caste based Sathrams?
As much as I hate anything based on caste, that seems to be the better option (as per my friend).
How was the road condition and how long does it take? Going on 2/1/2120
Old 1st January 2020, 10:33   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbaraomr View Post
Going on 2/1/2120
That's a century from now Well it was in decent shape few months ago. Not very sure about the current state
Old 21st December 2020, 16:29   #248
BHPian

Just did a long drive from BLR to Nandyal to Srisailam in weekend.

BLR - Kurnool - Awesome NH44 Highway
Kurnool - Nandyal - Rayalaseems Expressway - NH 40

Nandyala - Atmakur - Bad to Worst Road conditions with lot of tractor/Rice mill Lorries. Too much of potholes and unnecessary humps at uneven places. Only few places are good 2 lanes probably around 15-20kms.

Atmakur - Doranala - First Checkpost forest road is single lane road where only one car/SUV can pass through. If any opp vehicle comes need to fight for road space to getting down the curbs. Pretty bad. Uneven humps in few places would surprise many. Checkpost collects Rs.50 for no reason of improvements. Surprised how come AP govt has not improved this road infra for such a famous temple destination.

Doranala to Srisailam - Awesome Ghat roads just enough to pass two buses at once.

While coming back, we decided to take Amrabad Reserve Forest Hyderabad side to connect back to NH44 at Kothakota.

Srisailam - Amrabad Reserve - Mannanur - Awesome Ghat roads + Roads within the Amrabad forest. Really well tarred and good. Not much humps at all. Most of them are straight roads within the forest.

Mannanur - Achampet - Good roads throughout.

Achampet - NagarKurnool - Good roads throughout.

Nagarkurnool - Kothakota - NH44 - Good roads throughout.Except Wanaparthy.

Kothakota to BLR - NH44

Really admire the roads of Achampet/Nagarkurnool/Kothakota. No potholes and no uneven humps. Surprised how such towns are tarred and maintained well road infra.
blackstallion76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 20:23   #249

Did Hyderabad to Srisailam ride on 28th Aug'21 on newly acquired unicorn.

Tarmac continues to be smooth throughout with minor potholes. Started at 5.30 AM and road conditions are good to touch 3 digit speeds. I was able to reach in 4 hours with a 15 min pit stop just before starting hill ascend (tiger reserve entrance) for forest.

Forest roads are great and reserve rangers have blocked entrance to all those picnic/stop points in forest where cars used to get in, and people did cooking/have picnic. Speed breakers are marked, and still have some without clear demarcations (surprises), specially in forest stretch. Good for safety of both humans and animals. Scenic view throughout, with rains and mist adding to fun.

Temple is following covid guidelines and puja/rituals are performed as usual. Started at 3.30 PM towards Hyderabad and had huge incoming traffic (may be for weekend overnight stay). Had to face non stop rains from 5.30 PM and reached back by 8.30 PM. Rains and vehicles with high beam slowed us down, but unicorn continued to glide.

Few pics of greenery around

Hyderabad to Srisailam : Route Queries-srisailam-20210830-8.16.39-pm.jpeg

Hyderabad to Srisailam : Route Queries-srisailam-20210830-8.17.28-pm.jpeg
ermks279 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 21:25   #250
Senior - BHPian

Are there additional restrictions for interstate visitors to Srisailam? Its mentioned in the online booking site, but doesn't make sense since AP doesn't have an ePass system. This is what's actually written in the website. Any clarity on what this means? Or is there no such thing?

Devotees of other state should obtain valid permission from the Government of Andra Pradesh.
Temple entry ticket is not a interstate Permission.
Old 31st August 2021, 10:54   #251
BHPian

narayans80, absolutely no restrictions for interstate visitors to Srisailam in Andhra. Also no restrictions for interstate visitors to Telangana too. This may be an old circular which the website has not deleted.
Andhra has night cerfew from 11 pm to 6 am until 4 September. But highway traffic is not impacted by this and it is enforced only in the cities and big towns.
hydtraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 14:16   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydtraveller View Post
narayans80, absolutely no restrictions for interstate visitors to Srisailam in Andhra
Thanks. Am aware of the night curfew aspect. Just to be on the safe side, am avoiding the curfew hours.
Old 1st September 2021, 10:35   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Are there additional restrictions for interstate visitors to Srisailam? Its mentioned in the online booking site, but doesn't make sense since AP doesn't have an ePass system. This is what's actually written in the website. Any clarity on what this means? Or is there no such thing?

Devotees of other state should obtain valid permission from the Government of Andra Pradesh.
Temple entry ticket is not a interstate Permission.
No restrictions that I faced with a TS number plate while entering Andhra. No ePass/RTPCR were asked.

Temple too required everyone to follow Covid appropriate behaviour (which went on toss in main temple during deity darshan).
Old 19th August 2022, 10:12   #254
BHPian

I visited Srisailam Jyotirling during the 15th August long weekend. It was a day trip and I took the Hyderabad- Kalwakurthy bypass - Mannanur route. Entire route is well maintained with two tolls in between.

The forest reserve road section has lots of well marked speed breakers.

Ghat roads though well maintained is still a bit narrow and with people parking haphazardly to get the dam view, it becomes a mess in no time.
I got stuck in the long weekend rush and it took me around 4 hours to cross the last 25 kms and reach temple. I was relatively lucky for my return leg and crossed the stretch within couple of hours.

You need to pay ₹50 each time you cross the forest reserve check post in Telangana side and once in AP side.

The only petrol pump(BP) in Srisailam doesn’t accept card and you have to pay cash.

Last edited by abhi_tjet : 19th August 2022 at 10:13. Reason: Added details
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 10:31   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Ghat roads though well maintained is still a bit narrow and with people parking haphazardly to get the dam view, it becomes a mess in no time.
I got stuck in the long weekend rush and it took me around 4 hours to cross the last 25 kms and reach temple. I was relatively lucky for my return leg and crossed the stretch within couple of hours.
We too went the week before and as it was a school Holiday for the kids on Friday, we decided to avoid the weekend rush and visit on a Friday. The entire stretch was traffic free. We took our own sweet time covering all the points of attractions nearby and then go for the darshan on the same day. While returning on Saturday, it was having slightly more traffic than the day before but it was not chaotic. As the Srisailam dam gates were open, we had few additional breaks for the photo session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post

The only petrol pump(BP) in Srisailam doesn’t accept card and you have to pay cash.
There is another IOCL pump near the temple (https://goo.gl/maps/YYbdQ5LTPP7gtVMG7). I usually go for a top-up there & they too don't accept cards or online payment options. However, this time I decided not to go for a top-up and fill it on my way back (if needed). Gladly, I was able to come back home with the MID showing another 120+ km available range.
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks