Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 13:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

In MP, all the way from MH border till Shahjahanpur via Indore, NH3 gets severely damaged in the rains and it is best avoided during this time of the year.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:36   #32
DKG
Senior - BHPian

HVK my worst trip ever but a beautiful countryside journey was coming down from Indore via Burhanpur cutting across the Nagpur Dhulia road to Aurangabad and then to Hyd via Nizamabad. I remember getting stuck because the Tapti was in spate and we had to take a detour from Burhanpur and cross the Tapti at a western junction. No roads at all. Just one ditch to another. I remember crossing the Asirgarh fort, what a sight.

Last edited by DKG : 16th July 2009 at 13:40.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:41   #33
BHPian

Hey the road from Nagpur till Bhopal[NH69 and NH12] were in great condition, not sure about the what may have gone wrong withing 30 days. Nagpur is having heavy rains since last week, it rained heavily yesterday and expected to be same towards evening today, still the roads can't deteriorate that fast from what I have seen 30 days ago.
NH3 was too good and after Gwalior its 4 lane.

If you drive aggressively tomorrow from Nagpur, you can definitely make it to Gwalior, but as planned Bhopal would be a comfortable destination after over night drive. Bhopal to Delhi would be again within reach by eveing/night next day.

Do look at Met predication for the region[Even though they are not good but will give you some idea of what to expect] Nagpur is expected to have heavy to very heavy rains for next 48 hours!!

-Pramod
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:11   #34
BHPian

Hi guys thanks for all the tips
It was a pretty pleasant drive which i completed in 2 days flat
First day
I started at 11 in the night after a heavy dinner from hyderabad, for about 300 kilometers the road was excellent and could do 100 km p.hr on an average and by around 4 in the morning i was just about 150 km short of Nagpur, then the nightmare started, the roads started getting bad and then pathetic for around 50 km, no road at all just from one gutter to another. Still managed to reach Nagpur by around 7.45 in the morning...had tea and little snacks while my wife was sleeping in the comfort of Elantra. Started for Bhopal via Betul by 8.30...to my surprise the road was excellent and could do 80 km per hr without any hassle...except that in some stretches the road gets too narrow and small vehicles will have to get down their two wheels on to the sideways as trucks and buses won't...that was still doable since we dont loose speed on those aspects. After Betul, Itarsi and Bhopal was a breeze i reached Bhopal by around 4 in the evening...roads were actually excellent i say.

Second Day
Started from Bhopal at around 11 in the morning after a good nights sleep and heavy breakfast...a good samaritan drove me around in Bhopal and took me out of the traffic and placed on the highway to Gwalior. Again the road to my surprise was excellent and much wider and smoother stretches where there was hardly any traffic and my Elantra was able to do 120 without any problems...took by pass roads everywhere including Gwalior and Agra and so lost minimal time and reached Delhi by 10.30 in the night and i think trains take longer time to cover this much distance...Kudos to NHAI for making roads better in MP
Old 24th July 2009, 17:22   #35
BHPian

Great!!, you need to thank HVKumar for this, he was the one who advocated this road and spread the word to all, I found it too good while I did my Leh trip in May from Nagpur and was able to do almost Delhi[actually till Hodal 85 kms short of Delhi] in single day!!

-Pramod
Old 20th October 2009, 12:58   #36

I did, Hyderabad to Agra using route Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Bhopal -> Gwalior -> Agra on my way to Delhi in 2 days in Scorpio mhawk. As this trip was after monsoon, so condition on roads in MP was quite bad (lot of potholes).

Day 1
Hyderabad to Nirmal (150 kms) roads are heaven. I could easily do above 120kph.
Nirmal to Adilabad (170 kms) National highway is being worked on so you will find various diversions which will kill your speed otherwise you can do decent speed.
Adilabad to Nagpur (190 kms) roads are in general ok.
NH7 will take you inside the city which will waste easily an hour. Keep asking for directions to Bhopal
Once you are on NH69 to Bhopal, you can pick up some speed but be careful with ft deep potholes.
Night halt at Betul (small town on NH69)

Distance 700 kms

Day 2
Betul to Itarasi and then Bhopal . For scorpio I could do 80+ but for others it may be a fight.
Again NH69 took us into city which took us more than an hour to get past and on our way to Gwalior.
Take a Gwalior bypass which is clealry identified on highway.
Road from Gwalior to Agra is very good except 20-30 kms.
By nightfall we were in Agra for next day visit to Taj.
Distance : 750 kms

If you plan to head to Delhi from Agra, roads are excellent for any time of the day and can be easily done in less than 3 hours.

For return followed the same route but stopped at Gwalior for some sightseeing and nightstop at Bhopal.
Bhopal to Hyderabad 900 kms next day. It's doable but fatigue will set in for single driver.

Sights to see on way
Sanchi ( Close to Bhopal)
Caves ( before entering bhopal from NH69)
Gwalior Palace museum & fort
Agra
Old 3rd November 2009, 23:23   #37

Hi,
I am looking to travel next week in a santro from Hyderabad to Delhi.
would like to know the best routes -best stops and places to stay and how much time at the most i can expect during travelling.
thanks in advance and apprciate it very much
Old 4th November 2009, 12:53   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKKSHA View Post
Hi,
I am looking to travel next week in a santro from Hyderabad to Delhi.
would like to know the best routes -best stops and places to stay and how much time at the most i can expect during travelling.
thanks in advance and apprciate it very much
Read all posts in this thread and come up with a route plan and then ask for road conditions. That would be the best way to get fast responses

Also, do report back on this thread when you complete this run as i plan to do it during 3rd week Dec.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:16   #39

Hi,
Due to some delays I could not travel last week, and will be travelling this week post wednesday by my Santro. The planned details are:

1. Leaving Hyderabad early by 4 or 5 am to nagpur on NH7.

2. Preferably stop and rest at nagpur for the evening and night, then next morning again by 5 am leave from nagpur, following NH7 to Allahabad. (I basically have some work in allahabad) hoping to reach allahabad by the evening on 2nd day. (**Let me know if this is possible and feasible)

3. Stay in allahabad for that evening and next day and then on4th day leave Allahabad early morning for Delhi and reach delhi by the evening

Please let me know :
1. road conditions on this route
2. Is my plan feasible and possible.
3. Do i need to carry any extra permists or papers other than my normal RC / Insurance. PUC. (Its a private vehicle with HYD registration)
4. Does the route have proper eating joints, repair facilities (just in case)
5. Is this route safe as i will be carrying some high value electronics with me but only doing day travel.

I will sure put my log once the journey is done, and also pics.

Thanks so much to all BHPians in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Read all posts in this thread and come up with a route plan and then ask for road conditions. That would be the best way to get fast responses

Also, do report back on this thread when you complete this run as i plan to do it during 3rd week Dec.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

With such an early morning start, you should reach Nagpur by lunch time. Why don't you target Jabalpur on Day 1? That will make it easier to reach Allahabad on Day 2. Even assuming you are unable to reach Jabalpur, you could consider staying over in Seoni beyond Nagpur (although I do not know any hotel there to recommend). Road is mostly good barring some bad sections in Adilabad region.

Allahabad to Delhi is a long day's drive but possible. NH2 is a great road although you are likely to be delayed passing through some of the UP towns between Kanpur and Agra.

The car papers you mention are enough. Private vehicles are not normally harassed although you may face the occasional demand for a small bribe if a cop does stop you even if your documents are all in order.

Facilities are basic, but since it is a busy trucking route, you will have truckers' dhabas, petrol stations and puncture shops.

Safety is not an issue - and these guys are after cash mostly - but make sure you do not display any high-profile electronic stuff. Especially when you have parked your car for the night cover up all expensive stuff inside the car.
Old 17th November 2009, 10:04   #41
BHPian

Ok guys, i did a trip from hyderabad to delhi on my scorpio just a week back
The roads have become better from nagpur to delhi in comparison to my last drive experience (posted a few posts above) which i did in July
But roads from Nagpur to Bhopal have slightly worsened, not much, but you will experience sudden potholes which if you are doing nightdriving will not be able to spots, during daytime it should not be a problem, if anyone planning for nightdrive and continuous driving till bhopal then i will advise do the night drive part in the Hyd-Nagpur stretch and do the rest during daytime, that also saves a lot of time.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:20   #42
BHPian

@ MOKSHA.
+1 to what hvkumar ji has suggested. Day 1. Hyderabad - Jabalpur, and Day 2. Jabalpur - Allahabad looks feasible. Its better to be aggressive on 1st day then on the 2nd. Just work-out distances, it is doable.

BTW, me too thinking about our 1st South India trip in coming summer vacations. Your experience on H'bad - Allahabad route will be very valuable for me, as we'll plan to take this route for Hyd'bad. I am thinking even about a Lucknow - Allahabd - Nagpur run on day 1 for our proposed journey in summer. Its still early days for that. Once we finalise a tentative plan, will float on T-BHP forum for suggestions from all the gurus. So, plz do report back your experiences on this thread.

PS. Sorry, forgot to see the date of your post. Seems you might have already completed the trip, or might be in Delhi. Anyway, report back pl when you hooked back again.

wish you a safe trip.

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 17th November 2009 at 15:26.
Old 6th April 2010, 22:11   #43

Just arrived from Guntur to Delhi by Alto

Hello friends

I have just traveled from Guntur (Andhra Pradesh) to Delhi by road a few days ago. I covered this distance (1800 kms) in two and half days

I have followed the route suggested by HVKUMAR.

I would like to say thanks to all the posts in this thread. All the suggestions were useful in assessing the route condition and my travel plan.

I would suggest the route followed by HVKUMAR.

From Guntur I have travelled via Vijayawada, Suryapet, Janagam, Siddipet, Karim Nagar, Godavari Khani, Asifabad, Chandrapur to reach Nagapur. The distance covered was 800 kms so far. I have started at 4 a.m. at Guntur and reached Nagpur by 8.30 p.m. with three halts of 45 minutes each.

The road is average between Suryapet and Siddipet. After that you enter highway till Karim Nagar. After that the road is average till you reach Nagpur.

As some other members suggested, may be the highway via Nirmal and Adilabad would be better for a free ride if one starts from Hyderabad. Since I was traveling from Guntur, I have taken the above mentioned route.

From Nagpur the route is the same as suggested by HVKUMAR.

Nagpur 190
-Seoni 135
- Laknadon 60
- Narsingpur 75
- Sagar 140
- Lalitpur 110
- Jhansi 95
- Gwalior 120
- Agra 115
- Delhi 200

(the above distances are copied from HVKUMAR post)

The route till you reach Seoni is average. The four lane road starts before you reach Seoni. Four laning of the road is in progress till Jhansi. One year from now, it will be a pleasure ride on this road.

I have started at 5 a.m. at Nagpur and reached Gwalior by 8 p.m. with three 45 minute halts. The total distance covered was about 700 kms on the second day.

The third day I have started at 6 a.m. and covered the remaining distance of about 350 kms and reached Delhi by 1 p.m. Thanks to the construction in progress at Faridabad, I was late by one hour.

And by the way I haveled by an Alto car with one driver. With two people driving alternatively, driving is not that hectic. We had a comfortable journey. Ofcourse some amount of tiredness will be there. You are driving 1800 kms in just three days.

You may get in touch with me at vijayummidi@yahoo.com for any other suggestions on this route.
Old 7th April 2010, 00:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Vijay, that was a great drive!

That was an interest route via Karimnagar & ASifabad - were the roads broad and in good condition? The last time I went in those parts, beyond Ramagundam, roads were narrow and not so good.

Eager to know how the 4-laning between Laknadon and Jhansi is progressing. Is the road condition good? How do you rate facilities like petrol pumps, eateries?
Old 7th April 2010, 22:10   #45

Hi HV

As experienced by you, the roads are not that good beyond Ramagundam. One may do an average of 50 kms per hour. Though the roads are not that narrow, the condition of the road force you to be slow.

Four laning of the road till Jhansi is going well. If all goes well, one year from now, one can travel at least 1000 kms a day. That means, one reach Seoni from Delhi in one day. Four laning of Sevni to Nagpur road is yet to start.

What I have observed was that four laning was yet to start wherever there was a ghat section.

I am not sure if there is any alternate route from Seoni to Nagpur which is being four laned.

Facilities wise, one should not expect branded facilities. There are good towns in between where one can have good food.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks