Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 22:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayummidi View Post
Four laning of Sevni to Nagpur road is yet to start.

What I have observed was that four laning was yet to start wherever there was a ghat section.

I am not sure if there is any alternate route from Seoni to Nagpur which is being four laned.
The 4-laning between Seoni and Nagpur is stuck because the Ministry of Environment & Forests has refused to give clearance for road widening in the name of forest protection! This is what I heard when I was in that area 2 months ago. Very interestingly, Minister Jairam Ramesh also made a mention about this road a few days ago confirming that his Minsitry is not permitting the road construction. In India, we follow wierd rules.

There is no viable alternative route from Seoni to Nagpur. But I found the traffic mild in the 2-laned sections and I suppose we can live with the existing roads - and say, Save the Tiger
Old 8th April 2010, 15:20   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats one long drive. Been thinking of doing Hyd-Del-Hyd several times but due to some thing or other plan moved to flying.

Will live this dream sometime soon in future
Old 11th April 2010, 21:45   #48
BHPian

Thanks Vijay for sharing Hyd- Del road condition, specially between Seoni-Jhansi.
I've a plan to travel through this route in Aug-Sept. Can you tell me how is the road condition between Lakhnadon- Gwalior? What % of roads are 4 laned and overall work progress? Please share more info between this part.

Thanks,
Biswajit
Old 12th April 2010, 06:41   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biswajit View Post
Can you tell me how is the road condition between Lakhnadon- Gwalior? What % of roads are 4 laned and overall work progress? Please share more info between this part.
Work is going on in the entire stretch. I travelled Gwalior-Jhansi in Jan, found that no stretches are complete yet but widening is going on. Someone travelled recently on the remaining stretches vis Sagar to Laknadon and says that is the same situation there too - widening on, but road condition is not bad.
Old 16th April 2010, 23:35   #50

Hello biswajit

As already mentioned by HV, widening work is in progress through out this stretch. The routes are diverted through the towns at all the bypasses.

You travel at 100 kph for one or two kms and suddenly find the road work in progress and the speed comes to 20 to 30 kmph or hover around a max of 40 kmph due to the road condition. You come across like this at many places on this stretch.

I do not see much change by August or September. May be after an year down the line, this road will be a pleasure to ride. However, I shall prefer this route only if you plan to go to Hyderabad or travel from Hyderabad.
Old 17th April 2010, 16:03   #51
BHPian

Thanks Kumar and Vijay for sharing info for above menioned stretch.

Vijay,
I'll be travelling from Bangalore- Delhi-Leh in Aug/Sept, so is the query.

Kumar,
Which route will be safer to drive at night:
1. Nagpur-Bhopal-Gwalior
2. Nagpur-Lakhnadon-Sagar-Jhansi

I'll be planning accordinngly, thanks in advance.

Biswajit
Old 17th April 2010, 17:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biswajit View Post
Which route will be safer to drive at night:
1. Nagpur-Bhopal-Gwalior
2. Nagpur-Lakhnadon-Sagar-Jhansi

Biswajit
Route 1 wins - via Bhopal
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:50   #53
Team-BHP Support

A friend of mine is planning on driving from Hyderabad to Delhi sometime in October.
Requesting for updates on the road - route condition.

IN his own words:
Quote:
Hi Friends,

I am planning to driver from Hyderabad to Delhi in 1st week of October. This will be my first drive on highways
and i want to go slow and travel in daytime only. Planning to cover this in 3 or even 4 days. Please help me in
finding the best route in this time in terms of road condition. Also 2 or 3 logical night halts (depending if i
cover in 3 or 4 days)

thanks

Last edited by bblost : 2nd September 2010 at 15:15.
Old 2nd September 2010, 17:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A friend of mine is planning on driving from Hyderabad to Delhi sometime in October.
Requesting for updates on the road - route condition.

IN his own words:
Day 1: Halt at Mumbai (Hyd-Solapur-Pune-Mumbai) Approx 750kms

Day 2: Halt @ Udaipur (Mumbai-Surat-Vadodara-Ahmedabad-Udaipur):Approx 750kms

Day 3: Reach Delhi(Udaipur-Chittor-Jaipur-Delhi):Approx 700kms

This is a comfortable drive and the only problematic stretch would be between Solapur and Pune since road widening is on,otherwise it is a breeze.Each leg would take around 12-13hours driving time.The longest would be Hyd-Bom leg due to single lane & average road conditions.
Old 11th September 2010, 01:24   #55

Hi BHPians, need your expert advice on which route to pick and road conditions.
My friend plans to visit me in Hyderabad from Delhi. He will be travelling in last week of September by his 6 months old Tata Safari with his family (wife and 2 young daughters). Time is not a constraint as such, he is ok with driving for 3 days. Since he is traveling with family he will not prefer driving at night. Could you please suggest which route would be better and sensible, the Delhi - Agra - bhopal - nagpur - Hyderabad OR the Delhi - Udaipur - Mumbai - Sokapur - Hyderabad. I know the second route is longer, however will it make more sense especially after the monsoon ? Thanks for your advise.
Old 11th September 2010, 10:47   #56
Senior - BHPian

Currently, Bhopal-Nagpur road is not in good condition, with lots of potholes.
The route via Bombay is good though the Pune-Indapur sector (on the way to Solapur) is being widened and roads are in bad condition there. Besides, approaching Bombay, roads have broken up too.

Maybe, in the limited circumstances, the route via Bhopal and Nagpur may be preferable.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:36   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Currently, Bhopal-Nagpur road is not in good condition, with lots of potholes.
The route via Bombay is good though the Pune-Indapur sector (on the way to Solapur) is being widened and roads are in bad condition there. Besides, approaching Bombay, roads have broken up too.

Maybe, in the limited circumstances, the route via Bhopal and Nagpur may be preferable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Best route is via Indore.
Ideal break is either Pune or Nashik.
Road conditions are good.

H V Kumar sir,
I'm planning to travel Delhi-Hyderabad, driving Civic GC during this week. Would like to know more updates on this route.

1. Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Dewas-Indore-Mhow-Dhulia-Aurangabad-Jalna-Nanded-Bhokar-Nizamabad-Hyderabad.
2. Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Dewas-Indore-Dhulia-Aurangabad-Beed-Osmanabad-Solapur-Zaheerabad-Hyderabad.
3. Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Sagar-Lakhnadon-Seoni-Nagpur-Hyderabad.
4. Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Bhopal-Itarsi-Nagpur-Hyderabad.

I've been researching on few threads concerned with different routes, as per few latest updates, (Dholpur, Raj) is heavily potholed on Delhi-Gwalior stretch. Route#2 (Pune-Hyd thread) Solapur to Homnabad is heavily potholed, however not sure of the Aurangabad-Beed-Osmanabad-Solapur stretch. Route #1 seems a good track to Dhulia, Aurangabad-Nanded on (NH222 Nagar-Nanded thread) looks a good stretch to Nanded, needed info on the further route i.e. Bhokar-Nizamabad. Route#3 seems still lot of pending work to be done, especially the Jhansi-Sagar-Narsimhapur-Lakhnadon stretch (Hyd-Lucknow-Nainital-Kausani thread), however the Seoni-Nagpur stretch seems a good road. Route #4 (Maha border -Adilabad town seems heavily potholed), need updates on the Bhopal-Itarsi-Nagpur stretch.

Preferably planning to stay over night mid-way in this 2 days travel due to the heavily affected stretches. I'm also looking out for some good accomodation for one night stay (maybe plan to stay around Mhow if any good accomodation or Indore on this route) or (plan to stay in Bhopal) and start 2nd day early hours to reach Hyd anytime during midnight wouldn't be a problem.

Regards,
Dave
Old 28th September 2010, 12:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpydave View Post

1. Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Dewas-Indore-Mhow-Dhulia-Aurangabad-Jalna-Nanded-Bhokar-Nizamabad-Hyderabad.
2. Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Dewas-Indore-Dhulia-Aurangabad-Beed-Osmanabad-Solapur-Zaheerabad-Hyderabad.
3. Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Sagar-Lakhnadon-Seoni-Nagpur-Hyderabad.
4. Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Bhopal-Itarsi-Nagpur-Hyderabad.

Route#2 (Pune-Hyd thread) Solapur to Homnabad is heavily potholed, however not sure of the Aurangabad-Beed-Osmanabad-Solapur stretch. Route #1 seems a good track to Dhulia, Aurangabad-Nanded on (NH222 Nagar-Nanded thread) looks a good stretch to Nanded, needed info on the further route i.e. Bhokar-Nizamabad. Route#3 seems still lot of pending work to be done, especially the Jhansi-Sagar-Narsimhapur-Lakhnadon stretch (Hyd-Lucknow-Nainital-Kausani thread), however the Seoni-Nagpur stretch seems a good road. Route #4 (Maha border -Adilabad town seems heavily potholed), need updates on the Bhopal-Itarsi-Nagpur stretch.

Preferably planning to stay over night mid-way in this 2 days travel due to the heavily affected stretches. I'm also looking out for some good accomodation for one night stay (maybe plan to stay around Mhow if any good accomodation or Indore on this route) or (plan to stay in Bhopal) and start 2nd day early hours to reach Hyd anytime during midnight wouldn't be a problem.

Regards,
Dave
Given the options,I think it would still be wise to stick to Del-NH8-Udaipur-AMD-NH8-Mumbai-Pune-NH4-Turn off at Narayanpur-Jejuri-Baramati-Join NH9 at Indapur-Solapur-NH9 to Hyd.This I suspect would be the shortest route and the easiest.

Considering the fact that you are in a Civic,the potholed stretches between Solapur & Homnabad should be ok to negotiate,especially if you do the stretch in daylight.

Day 1: Del-Udaipur.I guess the RTDC hotel is a good option.

Day 2: Udp-Pune.Plenty of options on the Mumbai Pune bypass road.Ginger is a good place.

Day 3: Pune-Hyd.If you leave Pune around 6-7am,you should be able to reach Hyd by 4-6 in the evening.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 28th September 2010 at 12:17.
Old 28th September 2010, 17:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

Going back to your options, I guess there are no easy answers. Maybe the Route 4 appeals to me, despite the bad conditions between Bhopal & Nagpur. Now that rains are over, I guess they will repair roads on a war footing. Nowadays, MP roads have shown fantastic improvements.
Old 29th September 2010, 00:29   #60
BHPian

H V K Sir,

Bhopal-Nagpur seems to me the best possible and shortest route as I have to do it in 2 days, and more importantly the situation regarding the Ayodhya verdict, need to be in town at the earliest possible.

Thanks to H V K Sir and Ranjitp for your inputs, will update this stretch when I hit back Hyderabad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks