Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2020, 20:32   #256
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Vizag : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu.algods View Post
Can I do the Hyderabad - Vizag trip in Honda City?
Yes, you can do it. Pl stick to NH-16 only, don't follow trucks or large vehicles so that you can have a clear view of the road ahead in the bad stretches. Also check your shock absorbers/Tyres are in good condition. I don't recommend night drive unless you're in an SUV.
Redeemer8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 12:34   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu.algods View Post
Can I do the Hyderabad - Vizag trip in Honda City?

Thanks in advance ��
I've travelled b/n Hyd and Vizag (up and down) 2 times in the last 1 year, once just after lockdown (in May), and then recently (10 days ago).

In May, there were a lot of potholes b/n Vijayawada and Rajahmundry stretch of the highway.
I took Nidadavolu diversion on the way to Rajahmundry (rather than the highway). As both highway and this route had some potholes at that time, it didn't matter much that time.

But, in the recent trip, I noticed that most of the highway potholes in this stretch are patched up (not sure if this is the correct way of using this).
I still took the Nidadavolu diversion, and it turned out to be a very bad decision. The road is severely damaged (due to previous monsoon I think), and small and medium potholes became huge.

So, my suggestion is, don't deviate from the highway at any cost.
Say, for some reason, you had to get into Rajahmundry city. Still, take detour and get back to the highway. Don't follow Google maps after entering the city.
rajendra2278 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 23:36   #258
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine drove to Vizag from Hyderabad last week. He had driven down a month ago. On both trips, he used the longer route to Rajamundry from Vijaywada---that is, he did not divert from the 4-lane highway.

In the earlier trip, there were several potholes on the BZA RJY stretch. But in the trip last week he found most of them patched up, thereby enabling faster speeds. Hopefully the stretch will become better in a couple of months.
Old 15th March 2021, 23:55   #259
BHPian

Anyone who did VZG - HYD trip recently? I intend to travel both ways between the upcoming weekend and the next one. Hence, needed some suggestions around decent places to take food breaks and bio breaks.
Old 9th April 2021, 13:58   #260
BHPian

I completed a two-way Brahmapur (Odisha) to Hyderabad and back journey via Visakhapatnam & Vijayawada. The road conditions are pretty good considering very few minor rough patches.

Based on earlier feedback, I didn't deviate from the NH16 near Rajahmundry and traveled via Ravulapalem. Google tried to confuse me though. However, I was hellbent on following NH16 only. Vijayawada to Hyderabad stretch (NH65) is as usual awesome. In fact, the road between Vizag and Brahmapur was also pretty decent barring those few diversions because of ongoing flyover work. The stretch between Rajahmundry & Vijayawada needs a bit of maintenance.

I've bookmarked a few COCO petrol pumps during my travel where we either tanked up or took a biobreak.

1) BP Ghar COCO - Around 35 km after Vijayawada on way to Hyderabad - https://goo.gl/maps/iuzaX9cgxwvErvFn7
2) BP Ghar COCO - Rajanagaram (Around 15 kms after RJY on way to Vizag) - https://goo.gl/maps/7W3wEikbquSjCW4K8
3) BP Ghar COCO - Yelamanchili (Around 150 kms after RJY on way to Vizag) - https://goo.gl/maps/YFsjNHPzERdiciYZ9
4) SRINIVAS AGENCIES CLUB HP STAR A MEGA HIGHWAY OUTLET COCO - Kasimkota (Around 165 km after RJY on way to Vizag) - https://goo.gl/maps/PDxK9fkfFd7v84pL6
5) IOCL COCO Petrol Pump Visakhapatnam - https://goo.gl/maps/GHrF2CEhX64xheP26
6) BP Ghar COCO - Kannevalasa, Around 35 km after Srikakulam on way to Brahmapur - https://goo.gl/maps/QJT29raj5Rw2S2wW8
7) BP Ghar COCO - Girisola, Around 140 km after Srikakulam on way to Brahmapur - https://goo.gl/maps/sjFkr6JM3m6APRG29

Out of all the above listed, I personally found the 4th one (HP Star Mega Outlet) to be an excellent outlet for both fuel, washrooms & other amenities as well. A very highly recommended one.
samkat1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 12:49   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove from Hyderabad to Vijayawada yesterday. Started around 10AM from Gachibowli and reached the city by 2PM.

After taking the exit 11 of ORR and getting on the highway, the road is not in the best shape for the first 20 kms. The top layer of the road has eroded in places and potholes of various sizes are found. To avoid these, the general traffic (including the trucks and buses) are seen zigzagging through the road. There on, road is good throughout except for couple of very small patches.
Old 20th August 2021, 14:51   #262
BHPian

Planning to go Hyd - Vizag - Bhubaneswar - West Bengal

One of my friend who stays at Eluru told me today that the highway construction work is completed and advised me to take VJA -> Eluru -> Gundugolanu -> Kovvur -> By-pass Rjy -> Vizag highway route. According to him this highway is now 6 lane whereas NH16 has now considerable amount of potholes due to rain.

Does anyone has any update on this?
Old 20th August 2021, 16:13   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsharma359 View Post

A few months ago, when I travelled from Hyd to Brahmapur (Odisha), the one your friend suggested was not the route GMAP suggested. The one suggested by Google was again not the preferred route for many because of road quality & traffic issues. Like many others, I had taken a slight detour from Google's suggestions and followed the HYD-VYA-ELURU-TANUKU-RAVULAPALEM-RAJAHMUNDRY-VIZAG-BAM route.

However, as I'm planning to drive back to Hyd in few weeks, I see this new suggestion of BAM-VZG-RJY-Kovvuru-Gundugolanu-Eluru-VYA-HYD. Planning to explore this. If you happen to travel before the 1st of Sep, then please update here in the forum. I shall do the same if I travel before you
Old 20th August 2021, 21:01   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Planning to go Hyd - Vizag - Bhubaneswar - West Bengal
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
A few months ago, when I travelled from Hyd to Brahmapur (Odisha), I see this new suggestion of BAM-VZG-RJY-Kovvuru-Gundugolanu-Eluru-VYA-HYD. Planning to explore this. If you happen to travel before the 1st of Sep, then please update here in the forum. I shall do the same if I travel before you
Follow the below thread, you should take this new road, looks like it's almost complete and 40km less distance.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5094916 (Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries)
Old 20th August 2021, 21:59   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Follow the below thread, you should take this new road, looks like it's almost complete and 40km less distance.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5094916 (Bangalore - Vijayawada - Vizag - Bhubaneswar : Route Queries)
Thanks!!!

After my earlier post, I had a word with a colleague of mine who belongs to Rajahmundry and he too confirmed about using this new route. So I will be taking his advice.

Quote:

@rohitsharma359 - You should also follow the route suggested by your friend.
Old 21st August 2021, 08:41   #266
BHPian

Quote:
If you happen to travel before the 1st of Sep, then please update here in the forum. I shall do the same if I travel before you
Mostly I will be travelling by 2nd week of September and thus after you. Please update here in the form after your 1st sep travel. Looks like road is good only.
rohitsharma359 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 21:13   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Mostly I will be travelling by 2nd week of September and thus after you. Please update here in the form after your 1st sep travel. Looks like road is good only.
Took the above route last weekend. The road till Kovvuru Toll Plaza is in a bad shape. However, after the plaza, it's smooth till Garuda food court.
Old 8th September 2021, 23:13   #268
BHPian

Quote:
road till Kovvuru Toll Plaza is in a bad shape
From where till kovuru? Please give all and exact details so that we can benefit. I'm traveling this Friday.
Thanks much.
Old 9th September 2021, 01:21   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
From where till kovuru?
From Taraka Sri Foods. Refer to the below.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/GFm85hLPr5biXf5n7
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 16:09   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Did you do this trip? If yes, please update on the route and food options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks