Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2015, 18:38   #91
BHPian

re: Chennai to Tirupati : Route Queries

Did a Chennai Tirupati Trip last week. Started on 23-Apr after office at 8 PM. Took me 2 hours to reach Tiruvallur from OMR via Guindy, Porur and Poonamalee (Byepas). From there on it just took me just 1.5 hours to reach Tirupati via Tirutani, Nagari, Puttur.

Had stayed over at Hotel on Tirupati Bypass road freshen up and leave my car to travel by foot to reach Tirumala. Started at 5:30 AM next day morning from Alipiri to reach Tirumala at 9:30 AM. Had already booked by 300Rs ticket for 12 Noon slot (reporting at 11 AM). Was there by 10:45 AM and finish my darshan and come out of temple by 1:15 PM.

Roads between Thiruvallur outskirts and Tirupati are great with toll both operational at 2 places (between Tiruvallur and Tiruthani) for Rs 25 and another near Vadamalapet for Rs 50.
Old 27th July 2015, 16:11   #92
VKM
BHPian

MTH road between Thiruninravur and Thiruvallur is very bad after the rains. anyone travelling this route should take the Thirumazhisai road to reach Thiruvallur.
Old 27th July 2015, 22:16   #93
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I took ThirumazhaiIsai route to reach Tiruvallur. Though there are not potholes, the road surface is bumpy for ride. Slow down your speed to avoid the bumpiness.

-Ravi
Old 19th November 2015, 14:14   #94
BHPian

Hi All,

Hows the current road condition from Chennai to Tirupati? I'm planning to have a quick darshan this weekend.

Is the road motorable after the recent rains?
Old 19th November 2015, 15:30   #95
BHPian

Hi,

You can ignore the road which goes via Tada as it was washed away. But plan for Chennai -> Redhills -> Periyapalayam -> Nagalapuram -> Uthukottai route.

I have traveled on this road on Sunday night and found it okay. It was heavily raining throughout that day but still I was able to do this road though in some patches this road was not in good condition but motorable.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Ravikumar N
rnidumolu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 12:08   #96
Senior - BHPian

On 9th Nov, i travelled from Tirupati to Madras via Nagari, Tiruttani and Tiruvallur. Very good highways and is better/safer roads to drive during Heavy Rains.

Go for it !

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 12:44   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
On 9th Nov, i travelled from Tirupati to Madras via Nagari, Tiruttani and Tiruvallur. Very good highways and is better/safer roads to drive during Heavy Rains.

Go for it !

-Ravi
Thanks Ravi!

Few news channels say that Tiruvallur-Tiruttani road has been closed for the last few days. Any idea about that?

I'm planning to take this route.

Porur - Poonamallee - Thirumazhisai - Tiruvallur - Tiruttani - Puttur - Tirupati.
Old 20th November 2015, 17:14   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Thanks Ravi!

Few news channels say that Tiruvallur-Tiruttani road has been closed for the last few days. Any idea about that?

I'm planning to take this route.

Porur - Poonamallee - Thirumazhisai - Tiruvallur - Tiruttani - Puttur - Tirupati.
Am not sure about the latest news about it. May be yes, but when i drove no issues.

Poonamalle-Tiruvallur road surface is bumpy, so reduce the speed there.

-Ravi
Old 15th January 2016, 00:11   #99
BHPian

I am planning to travel to Tirupati from Chennai next weekend for the first time. Can someone please suggest which is the best route now?

I undertand that there are three routes-

1. Tiruvallur, Tirutani, Nagari
2. Red hills, Periyapalayam, uthukottai
3. Tada, Srikalahasti, Krishnapuram

Which of this is motorable post December rains? Is there any other option apart from these?
Old 17th January 2016, 07:35   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
I am planning to travel to Tirupati from Chennai next weekend for the first time. Can someone please suggest which is the best route now?

I undertand that there are three routes-

1. Tiruvallur, Tirutani, Nagari
2. Red hills, Periyapalayam, uthukottai
3. Tada, Srikalahasti, Krishnapuram

Which of this is motorable post December rains? Is there any other option apart from these?
There is another route slightly extended option of the 3rd route.

Chennai - Tada - Naidupeta - Srikalahasti - Renigunta - Tirupati. This will be your super fast route but longer. you avoid the Tada- kalahasti SH in this option and you can maintain awesome speeds. in the first 2 options you have some bad stretches, 2nd will be one of the shortest with very less traffic. All APSRTC buses travel this route while all TNSTC buses take option 1. You can decide based on your starting point. if you are going to start from South chennai better to take option 1.
venki.bala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 21:37   #101
BHPian

I would be travelling next week end. Planning to take Poonamallee - Thirumazhisai-Thiruvallur - Tiruttani - Puttur - Tirupati. Any update on road condition on this road would be of great help.
Old 7th March 2016, 13:03   #102
BHPian

Guys,

Planning a trip to Tirumala in this month, which is the best route from Chennai to Tirumala. How much time it will take to reach Tirumala if I start around 12 PM ? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Srinivas. R
Old 7th March 2016, 14:39   #103
BHPian

[quote=sriswe;3926674]Guys,

Planning a trip to Tirumala in this month, which is the best route from Chennai to Tirumala. How much time it will take to reach Tirumala if I start around 12 PM ? Please suggest.

Thanks,

Srinivas. R

Chennai Thirumazhisai Tiruvallur Tiruttani Puttur Tirupati and it takes approx 3.5 hours with 6 am start. Tiruvallur town till NH205 has very bad roads but manageable. I took this route last month and roads are fine except for the above mentioned stretch.
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 15:13   #104
BHPian

Thanks couswheels for the update. Can you suggest some good hotel/restaurant for having lunch in the above route considering starting time of 12 PM from chennai ?

Thanks,
Srinivas. R
Old 7th March 2016, 16:52   #105
BHPian

Not Sure where you are starting from. The following are the Lunch options
1. Sri Motel Highway (in Nazarethpettai) opposite to right turn to Thiruvellore
2. Hotel Akshaya Bhavan in Thiruvellore - after the Over-bridge and left turn after MTH Road junction
3. Hotel GRT Regency - Thiruthani just before the start of bye-pass.
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks