Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 08:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Route info. - Lakkavalli Forest Range..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Yes I think the grass lands come in the Kemmangundi - Chickmagalur route. How is that road? If I am to go by Samurai's pics from 2009, they were only hospitable for SUV's.
If you really wanna experience the grass lands you need to drive the stretch between Kemmungundi and Hebbe Water falls. This stretch is a real bone breaker though. You can check my posts here. Am sure after the rains this would be pure bliss to drive thru.

Otherwise the drive to Bababudangiri from Mullayanagiri is pretty enchanting too.
Old 29th June 2011, 13:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
... the road is good all the way from Chikmagalur to Bababudangiri and the Bababudangiri-Kemmangundi stretch is bad. Kemmangundi-Lingadahalli stretch could be bad too (not sure)
This might sound a bit naive but I have always understood Bababudangiri to be a range/area rather than a point/destination/town. Your post above confuses me. Are you referring to Attigundi when you say roads till Bababudangiri?

Edit: Wikipedia gave me the answer. TBHP tends to make people lazy I guess

Last edited by cool_dube : 29th June 2011 at 13:46.
Old 29th June 2011, 14:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This might sound a bit naive but I have always understood Bababudangiri to be a range/area rather than a point/destination/town. Your post above confuses me. Are you referring to Attigundi when you say roads till Bababudangiri?

Edit: Wikipedia gave me the answer. TBHP tends to make people lazy I guess
You are right. It is indeed the Bababudangiri range of hills (of which both Mullayyanagiri and Kemmangundi are a part of). It is also called the Chandra Drona Mountain range.

But, in general usage, the settlement called Dattatreya Peetha/Bababudanswamy Dargah is referred to as Bababudangiri.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 14:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
You are right. It is indeed the Bababudangiri range of hills (of which both Mullayyanagiri and Kemmangundi are a part of). It is also called the Chandra Drona Mountain range.

But, in general usage, the settlement called Dattatreya Peetha/Bababudanswamy Dargah is referred to as Bababudangiri.
Thanks for the confirmation. Also, I believe a drive around this range, going from Chikmagalur via Attigundi (with a diversion to Dattatreya Peetha/Bababudanswamy Dargah) to Kemmangundi and coming back via the Lingadahalli road would be awesome.

Last edited by cool_dube : 29th June 2011 at 14:42.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:11   #35

Friends,

Planning to visit River Tern lodge this weekend - driving in a friend's xylo (3 couples)

Am aware of the Tumkur-Birur-Bhadravati route. But wanted to know if Tumkur-Chitradurga(NH4) - Bhadravati (NH13) would be a smoother ride what with NH4 ride till CHitradurga being a breeze.

Also there is the Tumkur-Hiriyur-Bhadravathi deviation.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Srinivas
Old 19th August 2011, 13:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas View Post
Friends,

Planning to visit River Tern lodge this weekend - driving in a friend's xylo (3 couples)

Am aware of the Tumkur-Birur-Bhadravati route. But wanted to know if Tumkur-Chitradurga(NH4) - Bhadravati (NH13) would be a smoother ride what with NH4 ride till CHitradurga being a breeze.

Also there is the Tumkur-Hiriyur-Bhadravathi deviation.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Srinivas
I recently heard from a friend (from Shimoga) that most of the Shimoga travelers use Shimoga-Chitradurga-Tumkur-Bangalore route to get to Bangalore. Apparently, the Shimoga-Channagiri-Chitradurga route is in good condition, but I am not able to confirm this. It is approx 30 kms more than the regular NH206 route.

Another friend though had told me that the Bhadravati-Channagiri stretch of the NH13 is in bad condition. This was about 3-4 months back.

My suggestion is to stick to the NH206. There are a few bad stretches near Arsikere and Tiptur, but it should not be a problem.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 19th August 2011 at 13:21.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 14:36   #37

Thanks addyhemmige, will stick to the regular route then!
Old 6th September 2011, 00:46   #38
BHPian

similarly any idea about Hiriyur - Hosadurga - Tarikere route. marginally longer than usual NH206 route from Bangalore, but one gets to drive on NH4 till Hiriyur.
Old 6th September 2011, 11:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
similarly any idea about Hiriyur - Hosadurga - Tarikere route. marginally longer than usual NH206 route from Bangalore, but one gets to drive on NH4 till Hiriyur.
I am not sure but i dont advise as this area around Hiriyur - Hosadurga is mining area and roads may not be good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks