Team-BHP - Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/29826-delhi-jaipur-udaipur-route-queries-5.html)

Sourav, I'm sure you must have tied up all the loose ends etc. Just a suggestion; the best way to do a local tour in Rajasthan is to go to the nearest RTDC hotel and take their city tour & suburb tour van. The guide comes free and you are shown practically all viewable places. And the pace is also not too fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by souravbasu (Post 627851)
Day 4 (Mon, 26Nov) - Jaipur Local tour (and take Train 2965 to Udaipur at Night)
Day 5 (Tue, 27Nov) - Arrive at Udaipur + Local tour (night stay in Udaipur/take overnight bus to Jodhpur)
Day 6 (Wed, 28Nov) - Arrive at Jodhpur by Bus + Local tour (take Train 4810 to Jaisalmer at night)
Day 7 (Thu, 29Nov) - Jaisalmer (take Train 4060 to Delhi)

Any sugestions ? Advices? Tips?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 628832)
Sourav, I'm sure you must have tied up all the loose ends etc. Just a suggestion; the best way to do a local tour in Rajasthan is to go to the nearest RTDC hotel and take their city tour & suburb tour van. The guide comes free and you are shown practically all viewable places. And the pace is also not too fast.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will probably enquire in RTDC office in Jaipur and try to get into suitable conducted tours. I will probably also arrange our stayings at some RTDC hotels.

In Jaipur it is called the Gangaur

In Jodhpur the RTDC hotel is called Ghoomar and is on the High Court Road. Just 10 mins from the Rly Station. Tel: 0291-2541878

In Udaipur it is the Kajri (Tel: 0294 2410501 to 3)

Quote:

Originally Posted by souravbasu (Post 628884)
Thanks for the suggestion. I will probably enquire in RTDC office in Jaipur and try to get into suitable conducted tours. I will probably also arrange our stayings at some RTDC hotels.

i did delhi-udaipur just last month.

while going we started at 5:30 am in my palio D, we took 4 hours to jaipur non stop, but we went inside jaipur city and took 1.5 hours to get out into the ajmer route, the road to ajmer is excellent 152 kms we did in 100 min., after an hours stop in kishangarh for lunch, we went to udaipur via the conventional route, that road is 2 laned and traffic was moderate but its more scenic with hills and lakes, we reached our hotel around 5:30 pm after a couple of small breaks for pictures and rest. the odo read exactly 700 kms.
the hotel was lovely, jagat niwas palace at the edge of the lake in old city. an old haveli converted into hotel.
while coming back we took the detour to chittor to see the fort and then drove back towards delhi, the initial stretch is very bad, because construction is going on but after the highway is wonderful. this road is not as scenic as the other road.
plenty of petrol bunks around.
hope it helps.

Thanks a lot people for the inputs, just returned late last night from Nainital, went there after we finished with Corbett as we did not get an extra day there.
Driving back was a nightmare as in two places we were stuck in jams for an hour each.
Will be leaving early tomorrow morning with all the data given.

P.S.
We r on for 24th meet right?

As of now yes.. Suman, what's the latest on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 630099)
Thanks a lot people for the inputs, just returned late last night from Nainital, went there after we finished with Corbett as we did not get an extra day there.
Driving back was a nightmare as in two places we were stuck in jams for an hour each.
Will be leaving early tomorrow morning with all the data given.

P.S.
We r on for 24th meet right?

Guys am getting this thread back on track again. Need advise on route via Agra and Via jaipur as I need to visit Agra too. Also the staying options with prices please and places to see in and around.
GD's suggestion for local tours is excellent. After going through the entire thread my specific query is/are:-
1. Delhi - Agra-...? Udaipur. Is it necessary to go to Jaipur or there is some route from Agra which gets us onto Udaipur the shorter way. If not then Ill go till Pushkar/Ajmer and thence on.
2. How far from Udaipur to Mt Abu?
3. After Abu, what do you suggest we go to Jaisalmer or Bikaner or Jodhpur?
4. Are there Army cantts In Abu? I think there are in Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Bikaner etc.

Do the Loop.
Delhi - Udaipur - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - bikaner - Delhi.
when you come back from Jaisalmer to Delhi, Bikaner is on the way.
So you can do the entire rajasthan circuit in 9-10 days easily.
1 - Delhi Udaipur
2 - Udaipur
3 - Udaipur
4 - Udaipur - Jodhpur
5 - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer(2 hours only)
6. - Jaisalmer
7 - Jaisalmer
8 - Jaisalmer - Bikaner
9 - Bikaner - Delhi

If you want more time at Bikaner, skip jodhpur stop, i think you wille able to do Udaipur - Jaisalmer in 8 hours or so

Mount Abu is around 2-3 hours drive from Udaipur, and is nearer to Jaisalmer by around 100kms or so.

tsk - if i wanted to include bundi in this above plan could you please tell me how much of a detour it will be and from where etc?

No Idea, never been beyond rajasthan! Just know about major routes

Diverge from Jaipur on the Tonk road - onward then to Kota.

Or move off NH8 (continue 4 laner) at Kishangarh.
Or from Nasirabad on nH76 to Bundi. Or take a Left turn from Bhilwara enroute to Chittorgarh.

(read off LP map. no firsthand gyan)

@tsk saab: Jodhpur - Jaisalmer is some 330km :D

280kms, and it can be done in 3 hours easily, if not 2

Thanks phamilyman and sorry TSK - from that authoritative post on the Rajasthan loop I thought you were a native Rajasthani ;) :) Have fun.

Sudipto if you are not in any hurry wait 15 days Ill be back with loads of information.

Hmm, I was posting what I saw on that road Feb 07 :)

Even three hours would not be easy in daytime, given rail crossing near Jodhpur, and some portion of city driving in Jodhpur as well. Outside - its a racetrack!