Team-BHP - Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/29826-delhi-jaipur-udaipur-route-queries.html)

Hi, have planned a trip to Jaipur and Udaipur from Delhi by road in mid November 2007. The plan is to drive all the way to Udaipur on day one, stay in Udaipur for 2 nights, travel to Jaipur on the third day, stay in Jaipur for 2 nights and return to Delhi on the fifth day.

Please comment on the feasibility of this itinerary. I would also need inputs on decent places to stay in both Jaipur and Udaipur, budget for stay around 1500/- to 2000/- per night.

Am planning to drive in an accent. I have heard road conditions are excellent. Suggestions for places to eat along the way are most welcome.
What would be the duration of the drive ie.
Delhi to Udaipur
Udaipur to Jaipur
Jaipur to Delhi.

Any Bhpians in these parts??
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 589825)
What would be the duration of the drive ie.
Delhi to Udaipur
Udaipur to Jaipur
Jaipur to Delhi.

Thanks.

Have not been to Udaipur by road but Jaipur to Gurgaon will take you approx 4 hours. Gurgaon to Delhi will then depend on what time u hit Gurgaon. If its anytime between 6 to 9 pm, one to one and half hour. Any other time it will take 30 min

Road conditions are excellent.

Assuming you leave early morning (5-6 am) and are a fast driver (consistent 100 kmph speeds), you can easily make it from Delhi to Udaipur the same day.

It is a great drive, route is as follows:

Delhi Palam Airport-Manesar 35 kms-Behror 90-Kotputli 25-Shahpura 45-Jaipur ByPass 20-End of Jaipur By Pass 50-Kishangarh 95 (NH8 till here)

Turn off NH 8 into NH79 (turn left into the Bhilwara/Udaipur road, straight goes to Ajmer/Udaipur).

Kishangarh-Bhilwara 145 kms-Chittaurgarh 70

There is a small stretch approaching Chittorgarh town which is not yet double-roaded, and there is no bypass through town.

Take NH76 or Udaipur road from Chittorgarh. Signages are por inside town, please ask.

Chittorgarh-Udaipur 115 kms

Total distance on the above route is 685 kms

The road is great all along, except for the small disruptions in and around Chittorgarh town. Take the Jaipur Bypass, saves you a lot of trouble. Facilities are excellent on Delhi-Jaipur, no facilities on jaipur Bypass and become poor all teh way to Kishangarh. Virtaully non-existent on Kishangarh-Udaipur. Please ensure that you refuel at Jaipur/Kishangarh.

There is an alternative route to Udaipur which is to continue on Nh8 at Kishnagarh,. via Ajmer, Beawar, Bhim and Nathdwara. Conventional highway (2 laned), good condition, but expect heavy traffic till Beawar. facilities are better than the Bhilwara-Chittorgarh route. But the Bhilwara route is extremely fast and I would like to go only that way. The advanatge of Nh8 route is you could detour to Ajmer/Pushkar or Nathdwara (Krishna Temple). If you take the NH 8 route, distance can be reduced by 30 kms, but if you take the NH79/NH76 route via Bhilwara, you could be as much as 30-60 minutes faster.

I am personally a fan of RTDC hotels (good choices in both Jaipur and Udaipur, within your budget), but there are several hotels.

Time taken for the drive - very subjective. I have done Delhi-Jaipur-Udaipur in as fast as 7 hours and less fast at 8.5 hours. Both were without only refuelling halts, no stops for food, etc.

Hey Hari, How come you are in Delhi? Official or leisure? In which car?

Abhi

Delhi-Jaipur : 270km, doable in 4.5 hours with breakfast stop. Do not enter Jaipur, take the bypass, which is before the city.
Jaipur-Kishangarh : 108km, super fast, doable easily in 80-90min
Leave NH8 at kishangarh, big sign board for Chittor, take left towards Chittor
Kishangarh-Chittor : 190km : 3hours with ease!
Chittor : U may waste around 15min here, getting outta the city mess.
Chittor-Udaipur ; 104km : 90min

Del-Udaipur:672km / 10-11hrs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 589825)
Delhi to Udaipur
Udaipur to Jaipur
Jaipur to Delhi.

Thanks.

Infested with themlol: ......do look us up when you are passing through
Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 589863)
Time taken for the drive - very subjective. I have done Delhi-Jaipur-Udaipur in as fast as 7 hours and less fast at 8.5 hours. Both were without only refuelling halts, no stops for food, etc.

You sure? Almost 700 kms in 7 hours or even 8.5 is bloody QUICK I must say - weren't using NOS all the way were you:D (just kidding)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 590183)

You sure? Almost 700 kms in 7 hours or even 8.5 is bloody QUICK I must say - weren't using NOS all the way were you:D (just kidding)!

The road is very quick, takes 4.5 hours from Udaipur to Jaipur, and 2.5 hours from Jaipur to Gurgaon.

2.5 hours from Jaipur to Gurgaon ? :Shockked: you would be driving at what speed to do it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 590113)
Hey Hari, How come you are in Delhi? Official or leisure? In which car?

Abhi

I'm not in Delhi as of now Abhi, very much in B'lore. Will be going to Delhi in november purely for a holiday. Care to join??

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 590183)

Would love to meet up. I will be staying in a friend's place at Dwaraka.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 590550)
Would love to meet up. I will be staying in a friend's place at Dwaraka.

How about a dwarka dinner then ? Who all can make it ?

Hai Skywalker,

Look into my trip logs:

http://www.geocities.com/ramkya1/tri...TRANCHAL06.htm

Done with a fusion, Udaipur – Jaipur 6 hrs with break at Hotel Panghat – Nasirabad – 40 mts

Look at another recent trip log on a Scorpio:

http://www.geocities.com/ramkya1/tri...BD-DLI-RSH.htm

Ghaziabad - Jaipur BP - 3 hrs.

Jaipur - Udiaipur - 6 hours in heavy rains doable in about 4.5 to 5 hours.

The distances are as per posts of other ppl here, like Kumar, I'd personally take the Bhilwara - Nasirabad route anytime, its faster, lesser traffic and better maintained. I travelled that route in August - 07.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky

Ramkya
The links are not working

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 590627)
Ramkya
The links are not working

Hai Prajesh,

Tnx for that warning, yahoo has introduced some loaod limits to the websites. Will transfer all my files somewhere else.

--Ramky