Team-BHP - Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/29826-delhi-jaipur-udaipur-route-queries-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deky (Post 2610257)
I have not taken the bypass in the last 2 yrs as Jaipur is home for me. But I believe the whole stretch of 50-55 kms is being made 6 laned + there is one toll as well

And IMHO 5 am is a good time, I mean no need to advance it to 4 am, its better to get one more hour of extra sleep in night and then start fresh!!

regards

Hey Deky

My night destination is Vadodara - so I would like to start as early as possible - however my track record is that I rarely manage to start before 5- 5.30 AM
:thumbs up

I think this is one of the best routes in India for a drive. Please do a running travelogue if you can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by womanonwheels (Post 2610501)
I think this is one of the best routes in India for a drive. Please do a running travelogue if you can.

I am all inclination when it comes to sharing the travelogue for there can be no better way to relive the experience and to me the drive is more intriguing than the destination at any point of time!

Team BHP definitely rocks for the likes of us for there can be no better forum for us considering we share with those who share the passion!

Cheers

:)

No update? I was hoping for a running travelogue!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by womanonwheels (Post 2621138)
No update? I was hoping for a running travelogue!!

Have not started the drive as yet - still a couple of days to go!

Itching to go - but got to wait for the scheduled time

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION

Have not started the drive as yet - still a couple of days to go!

Itching to go - but got to wait for the scheduled time

Drivepassion, even i will be doing a delhi goa trip next week but via mumbai. Has some official work there.

You will be easily able to do baroda in 14 odd hrs. I have done this route many times under 14 hrs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v&v (Post 2621417)
Drivepassion, even i will be doing a delhi goa trip next week but via mumbai. Has some official work there.

You will be easily able to do baroda in 14 odd hrs. I have done this route many times under 14 hrs.

Hi

Feels good to hear that for that is the kind of schedule I have drawn up for myself. If anything can put the spanner in the works it could be Fog in Delhi and most importantly everything would hinge on the Delhi - Jaipur bypass run - beyond that the route seems to be open and fluid where you can throttle up with ease.

How do you forsee the famous Narmada Bridge glitch and would you bypass via Golden Bridge or take your chances

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION

Hi

Feels good to hear that for that is the kind of schedule I have drawn up for myself. If anything can put the spanner in the works it could be Fog in Delhi and most importantly everything would hinge on the Delhi - Jaipur bypass run - beyond that the route seems to be open and fluid where you can throttle up with ease.

How do you forsee the famous Narmada Bridge glitch and would you bypass via Golden Bridge or take your chances

As per current weather lets hope for minimum fog.
As for Narmada Bridge, we start early from Baroda and had always found moderate traffic only. It is not that bad.

Reached mumbai. Took 12 hrs to reach Ahmd. Stayed at hotel surya palace at chiloda circle. Fog was there till Nimrana. Rest drive was smooth. Roads all the way till mumbai is in good shape. Ahmd -mumbai took 8hrs.

Hi All,

Reached Goa - thanks for the great inputs had a breeze of a drive - route followed:

First Leg:

Delhi - Gurgaon - Jaipur Bypass - Kishangarh - NH 76/79 - Ahmedabad

Second Leg:

Ahmedabad - Dhulia Bypass - Shirdi - Pune - Sankeshwara - Amboli Hills - Goa

The Delhi - Ahmedabad drive took just under twelve hours - with two halts which are combine halts for food and tank up

The inputs from Team BHPians were accurate and really helped me to forecast what to expect!

Hey Folks you rock and I am proud to be a BHPian

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION (Post 2631682)
Hi All,

Reached Goa - thanks for the great inputs had a breeze of a drive - route followed:

Hey Drivepassion, I am too in Goa, Margao. We took NH17 from Mumbai to reach Goa. NH17 too is good shape and took 12 hrs to reach Margao. PM me if you are nearby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v&v (Post 2632074)
Hey Drivepassion, I am too in Goa, Margao. We took NH17 from Mumbai to reach Goa. NH17 too is good shape and took 12 hrs to reach Margao. PM me if you are nearby.

Hey

Really disappointed that we touch base - I was staying at Panjim and on Calangute on 31st Dec - really chilled out had fun and did Goa to Ahmedabad in 18 hours - drove through the night - was fun crossed Mumbai at 2 in the morning and was in Ahmedabad by 9 AM

Just one query for the future - when you come in from Pune to Mumbai and want to cross over to the Mumbai Ahmedabad highway (NH8) - which is the preferred route - toll road from Pune or NH4

Pune - Khandala - Panvel - Belapur - Ghansoli - Thane - Ghodbandar Road - NH8

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION (Post 2652616)
Hey

Just one query for the future - when you come in from Pune to Mumbai and want to cross over to the Mumbai Ahmedabad highway (NH8) - which is the preferred route - toll road from Pune or NH4

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION (Post 2652616)
Hey

Really disappointed that we touch base - I was staying at Panjim and on Calangute on 31st Dec - really chilled out had fun and did Goa to Ahmedabad in 18 hours - drove through the night - was fun crossed Mumbai at 2 in the morning and was in Ahmedabad by 9 AM

No problems. May be we can meet around in Delhi. I always use toll road and to bypass Mumbai, below is the detailed link for reference posted by HVK.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2501384

Quote:

Originally Posted by v&v (Post 2652971)
No problems. May be we can meet around in Delhi. I always use toll road and to bypass Mumbai, below is the detailed link for reference posted by HVK.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2501384

Yes I got the same from HVK too - I bypassed from Toll Road to Gobundur and was concerned as it took me almost 40 minutes even at two in the morning!