Team-BHP - Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/29826-delhi-jaipur-udaipur-route-queries-6.html)

Guys the route is taking shape now. My parents might be joining us hence we are taking a detour to reach Udaipur as we need to visit Agra and Kota. The proposed route now is as follows.
Delhi- Mathura - Agra- Dhaulpur- Gwalior- Shivpuri- Kota - Chittuargarh- Udaipur- Mt Abu- Jodhpur- Ajmer- Delhi.
Need specific inputs on various legs of the journey. Delhi- Shivpuri is great. Anyone having done Shivpuri- Kota and thence onto Udaipur in recent past?
I plan to do ranakpur from Udaipur as a day trip. Is it possible to start early from Udaipur have lunch at Mt Abu and then reach Jodhpur?
Other suggestions also welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 991734)
Guys the route is taking shape now. My parents might be joining us hence we are taking a detour to reach Udaipur as we need to visit Agra and Kota. The proposed route now is as follows.
Delhi- Mathura - Agra- Dhaulpur- Gwalior- Shivpuri- Kota - Chittuargarh- Udaipur- Mt Abu- Jodhpur- Ajmer- Delhi.
Need specific inputs on various legs of the journey. Delhi- Shivpuri is great. Anyone having done Shivpuri- Kota and thence onto Udaipur in recent past?
I plan to do ranakpur from Udaipur as a day trip. Is it possible to start early from Udaipur have lunch at Mt Abu and then reach Jodhpur?
Other suggestions also welcome.

You'd be able to do Ranakpur ( around 70 kms one way) and back easily. In June I did more than that, I covered Udaipur, Eaklingji, Ranakpur and got back to Udaipur comfortably in the evening.

Udaipur, Abu Jodhpur is very much possible, but if you don't spend time in Abu, it would just be a pit-stop? You'd need min. 5/6 hours to see sights around there.

--Ramky
========

Anybody driven on the Delhi-Jaipur stretch recently? Has the work being done for 6-laning of the highway created a mess on the route? How long does Jaipur-Delhi take ? (with the work being done).

Quote:

Originally Posted by danish_c (Post 2183958)
Anybody driven on the Delhi-Jaipur stretch recently? Has the work being done for 6-laning of the highway created a mess on the route? How long does Jaipur-Delhi take ? (with the work being done).

The road from Delhi-Jaipur is pretty decent but while coming back you might be a little disappointed, ok nevertheless.
I started early morning so was able to get to Jaipur in 4 hours but while coming back it took me 5.5 hours (jam at Kotputli).

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69
The road from Delhi-Jaipur is pretty decent but while coming back you might be a little disappointed, ok nevertheless.

Did 3 runs on this stretch in the past 3 months. Construction activity is still on-going and the road is a little bumpy in a few places. More than the 6-laning, I think what would really help (and can be done fast) is completing town/village-bypassing flyovers, and pronto!

I have been pretty lucky with my runs, considering the horror stories I've heard of late from friends -

Aug. 20 - Chandwaji to Gurgaon (Sector 50) in 3.5 hrs (3 pm to 6:30 pm) in moderate-heavy traffic, with 0 breaks and jams in Kotputli, Behror and Manesar

Oct. 26 - Gurgaon (Sector 50) to Jaipur (Panchsheel Enclave, off JLN Marg near Jawahar Circle) in 4 hrs (7:15 am to 11:15 mins) in moderate traffic with 1 very short break and some 20-odd mins lost finding my way in Jaipur

Oct. 28 - Return trip of the above onward leg in 3.5 hrs (6:15 am to 9:50 am) in moderate traffic with 1 very short break

But I will continue to budget 6 if not 5 hrs for Gurgaon to Jaipur until the construction is 100% complete. Ideal time of day to travel? Million dollar question, as member ranjitp1 puts it.

Regards,
spadix

Hi All

I start my Delhi to Goa run next week and am although as Spadix does mention difficult to predict the opportune time of the day to start the run still considering that I hope to cross the toll in Gurgaon by 6 AM how much time should I budget for reaching the Jaipur bypass

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION (Post 2606709)
I start my Delhi to Goa run next week and am although as Spadix does mention difficult to predict the opportune time of the day to start the run still considering that I hope to cross the toll in Gurgaon by 6 AM how much time should I budget for reaching the Jaipur bypass

If you pass the Manesar toll by 6 am, I would say that you should comfortably be able to get on to the Jaipur - Kishangarh expressway by 11:30 am with breaks.

I've budgeted for a conservative 5.5 hrs because I assume progress will be slow in the beginning due to fog and the attendant limited visibility.

How does your plan look? Do you want to reach Ahmedabad by EoD, or are you stopping over at Udaipur? I think you should be able to reach Ahm/Baroda (6 am Manesar, 11:30 cross Jaipur, 18:30 Udaipur, 22:00 Ahmedabad). If you push, at that time, Ahmedabad to Baroda won't take more than an 1:15 hrs courtesy of the MGEW.

Regards,
spadix

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadix (Post 2608960)
If you pass the Manesar toll by 6 am, I would say that you should comfortably be able to get on to the Jaipur - Kishangarh expressway by 11:30 am with breaks.

I've budgeted for a conservative 5.5 hrs because I assume progress will be slow in the beginning due to fog and the attendant limited visibility.

How does your plan look? Do you want to reach Ahmedabad by EoD, or are you stopping over at Udaipur? I think you should be able to reach Ahm/Baroda (6 am Manesar, 11:30 cross Jaipur, 18:30 Udaipur, 22:00 Ahmedabad). If you push, at that time, Ahmedabad to Baroda won't take more than an 1:15 hrs courtesy of the MGEW.

Regards,
spadix

Hi Spadix

I am doing Delhi - Ahmedabad - Dhampur Chokdi(ahead of surat on NH8) - Saputara - shirdi - Pune - Belgaum - Goa

I aim to stop at Vadodara the first night and Shridi the second night

:thumbs up

^^^^ I would say around 3-3.5 hrs from the toll at Manesar to the start of Jaipur bypass (manoharpur) with a 15-20mnts break. The road conditions are much better and 0600 hrs time will also work in your favour!! And Another 1 hour (max) to cross the bypass.

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by deky (Post 2608981)
^^^^ I would say around 3-3.5 hrs from the toll at Manesar to the start of Jaipur bypass (manoharpur) with a 15-20mnts break. The road conditions are much better and 0600 hrs time will also work in your favour!! And Another 1 hour (max) to cross the bypass.

Regards

Hey Deky

That sounds good - am I glad to hear that the road conditions have improved!

Say I do a better on that one and cross Gurgaon by 5 AM :

1. when can I hope to touch the Jaipur bypass and
2. where will I meet the bottlenecks

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION (Post 2609007)
Hey Deky

Hi,

This is how I usually break my Delhi to Jaipur trips with regards to time. All these timings are on normal driving conditions barring any jams due to breakdown of trucks etc etc en route. And I do not drive at break neck speeds

1. Depends on from where to start from Gurgaon to McD Manesar= 30mnts
2. McD Manesar to Behror (midway) = 1 hr 15 mnts
3. Behror to Jaipur (home)= 2 hrs 15 mnts
4. Since you will be taking the detour for Jaipur Bypass at Manoharpur you can save 45 mnts from the above time and should hit the bypass in around 3.15 hrs. The bypass is also being six laned so it shld take you around 40-50 mnts to cross it. So basically if you start at 0500 hrs, you would be on the expressway to Kishangarh latest by 9.30

Now a few points on the route

1. The newly constructed flyovers at Behror and Kotputli are single lane both sides only (one side has been divided into two). Sometimes the traffic is very slow. But atleast there are no jams

2. Do not plan to stop at Midway Behror (RTDC), as the approach to it is very bad now due to the flyover. You can stop either before at one of the many hotels/motels. I prefer to stop at Hotel Highway King, just before Shahpura. It has many options and neat and clean toilets.

3. The usual bottle necks are at Manesar crossing (but I doubt you will find traffic at that time) and definitely at Shahpura town. At Shahpura the trucks line up, blocking one lane of the highway. The rest should not be a problem.

4. If there is a big Q at the toll Plaza's, take the left most lane, which is usually barricaded. Staff is around and request them to open it and they usually oblige

5. Usually there aint much fog problem after Behror

Drive Safe

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION (Post 2609007)
Hey Deky

Attaching an excel for my drive to Dalhouse, attaching only Ahmedabad to Delhi portions, you would notice that I did Jaipur -Ghaziabad in 4 hours because I was lucky, it was a Diwali day and traffic was light. Usually the evening run form Jaipur to Gurgaon can taking anything between 4-6 hours. You can do a reverse calculation and see the numbers for your run.

Again, I am driving to Delhi on 27th December, would start around 4 AM at Ahmedabad, plan to hit Kishangarh around 12 Noon, BP of Jaipur at 3 and Gurgaon aorund 7 PM, Ghaziabad around 9 PM. If I am lucky I would be able to do the Jaipur Delhi run in 4 hours.

On the return leg on 1st January, I would start at 4 AM from Ghaziabad, Jaipur 7-730 AM (would be possible early morning) , Kishangarh 0900 AM at Hotel Pangarh for breakfast, 3 PM Udiapur and 8 PM Ahmedabad. This is very much probable, have done it in the past many times.

I think Delhi Jaipur run would depend on traffic at Behroor, Kotputhali and other overbridge building points, rest should be easy. Fog can also throw your timings out the window, remember our time from Behroor to Delhi while doing the GQ drive, thick fog + traffic block, I think we took around 3 hours to do Gurgaon.

--Ramky
=======

Quote:

Originally Posted by deky (Post 2610102)
Hi,

This is how I usually break my Delhi to Jaipur trips with regards to time. All these timings are on normal driving conditions barring any jams due to breakdown of trucks etc etc en route. And I do not drive at break neck speeds

1. Depends on from where to start from Gurgaon to McD Manesar= 30mnts
2. McD Manesar to Behror (midway) = 1 hr 15 mnts
3. Behror to Jaipur (home)= 2 hrs 15 mnts
4. Since you will be taking the detour for Jaipur Bypass at Manoharpur you can save 45 mnts from the above time and should hit the bypass in around 3.15 hrs. The bypass is also being six laned so it shld take you around 40-50 mnts to cross it. So basically if you start at 0500 hrs, you would be on the expressway to Kishangarh latest by 9.30

Now a few points on the route

1. The newly constructed flyovers at Behror and Kotputli are single lane both sides only (one side has been divided into two). Sometimes the traffic is very slow. But atleast there are no jams

2. Do not plan to stop at Midway Behror (RTDC), as the approach to it is very bad now due to the flyover. You can stop either before at one of the many hotels/motels. I prefer to stop at Hotel Highway King, just before Shahpura. It has many options and neat and clean toilets.

3. The usual bottle necks are at Manesar crossing (but I doubt you will find traffic at that time) and definitely at Shahpura town. At Shahpura the trucks line up, blocking one lane of the highway. The rest should not be a problem.

4. If there is a big Q at the toll Plaza's, take the left most lane, which is usually barricaded. Staff is around and request them to open it and they usually oblige

5. Usually there aint much fog problem after Behror

Drive Safe

Regards

Hi Deky,

Some very precise suggestions from your end - makes it so much easier for me to plan this leg of the journey - Shall reschedule my start to 4 AM and should be relatively quick - relaying of Jaipur bypass is news to me:

1. What would be approx. distance(in Kms) of relaying at the bypass juncture

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION (Post 2610249)
Hi Deky,

1. What would be approx. distance(in Kms) of relaying at the bypass juncture

I have not taken the bypass in the last 2 yrs as Jaipur is home for me. But I believe the whole stretch of 50-55 kms is being made 6 laned + there is one toll as well

And IMHO 5 am is a good time, I mean no need to advance it to 4 am, its better to get one more hour of extra sleep in night and then start fresh!!

regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramkya1 (Post 2610194)
Attaching an excel for my drive to Dalhouse, attaching only Ahmedabad to Delhi portions, you would notice that I did Jaipur -Ghaziabad in 4 hours because I was lucky, it was a Diwali day and traffic was light. Usually the evening run form Jaipur to Gurgaon can taking anything between 4-6 hours. You can do a reverse calculation and see the numbers for your run.

Again, I am driving to Delhi on 27th December, would start around 4 AM at Ahmedabad, plan to hit Kishangarh around 12 Noon, BP of Jaipur at 3 and Gurgaon aorund 7 PM, Ghaziabad around 9 PM. If I am lucky I would be able to do the Jaipur Delhi run in 4 hours.

On the return leg on 1st January, I would start at 4 AM from Ghaziabad, Jaipur 7-730 AM (would be possible early morning) , Kishangarh 0900 AM at Hotel Pangarh for breakfast, 3 PM Udiapur and 8 PM Ahmedabad. This is very much probable, have done it in the past many times.

I think Delhi Jaipur run would depend on traffic at Behroor, Kotputhali and other overbridge building points, rest should be easy. Fog can also throw your timings out the window, remember our time from Behroor to Delhi while doing the GQ drive, thick fog + traffic block, I think we took around 3 hours to do Gurgaon.

--Ramky
=======

Hey Ramky

That is a pretty exhaustive log and should help me coordinate my timings using this as a benchmark.

I aim to start from Noida and my pit stop for the night will be vadodara - as already quoted by me in an earlier mail to Deky - will be rescheduling to start early at 4 AM.

I hope to make it to Vadodara by 11 in the night

Cheers and Thanks!