Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 09:21   #31
J.Ravi

Thank you, theMAG, for kind information. BTW, I enjoyed your photographs.

Old 26th August 2012, 13:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Bijapur : Route Queries

How are the latest road conditions ? How long long would it approximately take from Bangalore ?

Planning a trip in November.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 26th August 2012 at 13:47.
Old 30th October 2012, 17:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
How are the latest road conditions ? How long long would it approximately take from Bangalore ?

Planning a trip in November.
I had been to Bijapur last weekend from Hassan. I went through Hiriyur and Chitradurga which is a common point for Bangalore-Bijapur traffic.

My route was Hassan-Chitradurga-Hospet-Bijapur

Road Conditions:

Bangalore-Tumkur-Hiriyur-Chitradurga: 4 laned road all the way. Road works are happening and traffic is diverted to service roads, but good smooth surface

Chitradurga-Hospet: Initially potholed but decent 2 laned Highway. Lots of truck traffic though. Good till about 2-3 kms before Hospet bypass.

Hospet bypass: Bad. Lots of potholes and trucks.The 2 railway crossings at the 2 ends of the bypass make it even worse. We were stuck behind a huge line of trucks (for almost the whole length of the bypass). This was around 1-1.30 pm.

Hospet-Bijapur: Potholed and lots of diversions for about 10 kms from the Hospet bypass (till the deviation to Koppal/Hubli). Once you pass this junction, you have beautiful 4 lane roads all the way to Bijapur.

There are 4 toll booths between Hospet-Bijapur, the first two after Hospet are not yet collecting toll (still on trial). The next 2 are collecting Rs.70 and Rs.40 respectively.

One irritant on this 4 laned section is that there are speed breakers at many junctions. What these speed breakers are doing on a tolled 4 lane road, I don't know.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 30th October 2012 at 17:42.
addyhemmige is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 18:11   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Hospet-Bijapur: Potholed and lots of diversions for about 10 kms from the Hospet bypass (till the deviation to Koppal/Hubli). Once you pass this junction, you have beautiful 4 lane roads all the way to Bijapur.
Wow! We are talking full 4-lane of about 200 km all the way from Hospet to Bijapur. Awesome. That gives many alternative options for multiple routing requirements. Nice!
Old 30th October 2012, 18:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Wow! We are talking full 4-lane of about 200 km all the way from Hospet to Bijapur. Awesome. That gives many alternative options for multiple routing requirements. Nice!
This 4 lane road is very much a blessing given the amount of truck traffic it sees. The 4 lane road ends once you reach Bijapur Ring road junction. I traveled the whole length of this bypass till the point where the old Solapur road joins from Bijapur city and did not see any activity to widen this road.

I'm sure this route (NH 13) too sees a lot of truck traffic as seen and compared to NH 4. IMHO, the authorities should widen the whole stretch between Chitradurga and Hospet and beyond to 4 lane

Last edited by addyhemmige : 30th October 2012 at 18:56.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 20:22   #36
BHPian

Great to hear 4 lane road in place between Hospet - Bijapur.

Any updates on the road conditions between Bijapur- Solapur-Pandharpur?
Old 6th August 2013, 15:34   #37

All,

I will be driving from Bangalore to Bijapur on the 8th. If there are any updates on the road conditions please keep this thread alive. Will be leaving early, say around 5 am from Bangalore.

Two options that see are Blr - chitradurga - hospet - almatti - bijapur or Blr - chitradurga - hubli - bagalkot - bijapur .

Either would have been a breeze if I was driving alone. But it would be with wife and two little girls one at 7 years and another just 7 months :-).

Any suggestions and updates are welcome.

Thanks
Nkryptor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 17:10   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkryptor View Post
Any suggestions and updates are welcome.
Both roads are good. Just that getting Hospet can be a big pain. Road condition deteriorates on the bypass. If you are going via Hubli, its good roads all the way. But as per what I see in Google its about 80km more.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 17:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkryptor View Post
Two options that see are Blr - chitradurga - hospet - almatti - bijapur or Blr - chitradurga - hubli - bagalkot - bijapur .
I would suggest the 2nd option for the reason that the 2nd option has 120kms of 2lane road between Chitradurga and Hospet, while the 1st option has 200kms of it between Hubli and Bijapur.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 19:35   #40

Hi Nkryptor

I too driving to Bijapur on 8th Aug 2013 with family.

I have heard that only between Chitradurga to Hospet the highway is little congested and two lane. Apart from that if you start early it should be fine.

On the other highway via hubli it is 100 Km more plus the road between Bagalkot-Bijapur is too pot hole ridden due to rains

Any suggestions or inputs guys?

Thanks
AT
amit.toshniwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 20:19   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

@Amit, pls proceed on your current route via Chitradurga, Hospet.

Not much options for food near the highway after Chitradurga, all the way upto Bijapur - except inside Hospet city.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 22:15   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.toshniwal View Post
Hi Nkryptor

I too driving to Bijapur on 8th Aug 2013 with family.

I have heard that only between Chitradurga to Hospet the highway is little congested and two lane. Apart from that if you start early it should be fine.

On the other highway via hubli it is 100 Km more plus the road between Bagalkot-Bijapur is too pot hole ridden due to rains

Thanks
AT
I Guess I will look for your inputs on your travel. My dates just moved to possibly the 9th. Assuming that's a holiday I figure most of the trucking community would be celebrating and most of the traffic would be families. On the other hand I could end up with holiday traffic on the stretch. Decisions Decisions .
Old 7th August 2013, 23:53   #43

Hey Amit. Quick note.

My bro took the same route today. He left bangalore around 11 am and reached around 9:30 pm. The road between chitradurga and hospet is apparently doable at around 80s now. However he did advise that there is a 5 km stretch after hospet up the hill which is under construction and slow traffic. Apparently spent 45 mins just for that 5 kms

Blr to Cdurga :- Great
Cdurga to Hospet :- Doable
Hospet to Bijapur :- Great

Safe travels to you on the 8th. Would be great if you keep this thread updated.
Old 8th August 2013, 07:12   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

There's a tunnel being constructed at Hospet, where traffic slows down. The Hospet - Bijapur section is so good that it will more than make up for this part.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 09:37   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.toshniwal View Post

Just to add to what @condor mentioned, many parts of NH13 have been 4-laned. That includes north of Hospet to Bijapur. So all now that needs to be taken care off how to wade through Hospet bypass.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks