Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2022, 13:31   #76
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Bijapur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Taking inspiration from this very informative thread by Dr.AD, I had firmly set a drive to Bijapur at the next available opportunity over a 3 day weekend. That I checked out a day earlier and returned late on day 2 is a different matter (but I state it here because it is possible)
Awesome and very detailed write-up! I have been to Bijapur around 5 times in the last 1 year for personal reasons but never went beyond exploring Gol Gumbaz. Will check out the remaining monuments on my next trip. Fern is my go-to hotel as well and would highly recommend it. Been to one nearby hotel for one visit and it was just too noisy - too many events and parties happening. For folks starting early morning from Bangalore and not taking too many breaks, a breakfast at Upadhayay Ruchi (on the other side while going to Bijapur) and a late lunch at your hotel in Bijapur is pretty much feasible. Another attraction slightly off the highway is the Almatti dam.
Old 5th October 2023, 21:54   #77

I recently did Latur-Solapur-Bijapur-Bangalore drive (~800km) in a single day. Really need to admire the good quality highway.

Found a food joint just after Chitradurga left turn. I couldn't find this in any of the team-bhp thread. Adding the location in case anyone finds it useful:

Sukh Sagar: https://maps.app.goo.gl/w4KXPNVbZmeiY2Xy7
Old 6th October 2023, 08:58   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_bros View Post
Sukh Sagar
Where exactly is this located? Per Gmaps POI its on the exit ramp. I don't remember seeing this in my June drive.

The first known stop is Anand Vihar which is 50 km north towards Hospet.
Old 6th October 2023, 09:44   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Where exactly is this located? Per Gmaps POI its on the exit ramp. I don't remember seeing this in my June drive.

The first known stop is Anand Vihar which is 50 km north towards Hospet.
Seems like a new place! Also, this is ideal only for Bangalore bound traffic from Hospet side.

If driving towards Bangalore, you have 2 choices right after the bypass ends and hardly 10 minutes away - Sarvodaya Veg and Upadhya Ruchi.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 09:49   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Anand Vihar is ok - but our last visit got us limited selection and not the taste we are used to.

Upadhya Ruchi any day. Will never step in to Sarvodaya veg again.
Old 6th October 2023, 09:56   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Upadhya Ruchi any day. Will never step in to Sarvodaya veg again.
Doesn't work out for folks like me who start at 4am and cross this place before 7:00, that too located on right hand side which I mostly avoid even if it is a small detour or I am a big "fan" of such places and not flexible.

Anand Vihar so far has been consistent for us, Breakfast and Dinner tried till now. Agree his menu is limited but there's not much choice on this stretch towards Hospet that meets the criteria when traveling with family.

Mysore Cafe detour isn't worth 14 extra km detour especially when we are considerate about time on a 1000 km drive!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 10:03   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

The difference in reaching these two places would be 20 minutes. Even with a 4 am start, one would reach Chitradurga well before breakfast time.

I will still avoid this sarvodaya veg place. Once is enough. Will rather have a cup of tea at a dabba shop / toll gate and head further down towards the destination for breakfast/lunch/snacks.
Old 6th October 2023, 10:26   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The difference in reaching these two places would be 20 minutes. Even with a 4 am start, one would reach Chitradurga well before breakfast time.

I will still avoid this sarvodaya veg place. Once is enough. Will rather have a cup of tea at a dabba shop / toll gate and head further down towards the destination for breakfast/lunch/snacks.
While I have visited Sarvodaya only once, I am regular to Upadhaya and they have been pretty consistent. On the other hand, Anand Vihar is an Oasis; can't complain since there is nothing worthwhile ahead.

However, the discussion here is about the new place that has come up at the cloverleaf intersection "towards Bangalore" and how this may not be ideal for those headed towards Hospete/Vijayapura. The location shared by the OP can be a good alternate to Sarvodaya or Upadhya, both of which has quite some customer traffic on a weekend since it is on the Hubli Bangalore highway while this one right at the exit of Hospet Chitradurga highway witnesses moderate to lower traffic even on weekends and hence one can avoid reaching the crowded places.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 10:28   #84

Sarvodaya veg was my go to place based on our start time from Bengaluru. However, the quality has gone down a lot! In the last few trips, I have been going to Paakashaala - Sira. Downside is we need to park the car on highway and cross the road. For 4am/5am starts, it would be too early though!
Old 6th October 2023, 11:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anand Vihar is ok - but our last visit got us limited selection and not the taste we are used to.
On Chitradurga-Solapur there are exactly 2 options bang on the NH. That is Anand Vihar before Kuldigi and Nandagokula at Kushtagi. There are food options inside Hospet or Bijapur town. They would all require 20-30 minute additional effort.

I've had lunch at Naivedyam when I had just 8 hours drive for the day. I did not and would not do on a Madras-Bijapur sort of drive.

Unlike AP or TS where you have this mobile food vans that open for service much earlier, there is no such thing in KA.

No hotel opens earlier than 7 am for service. Even if doors are open, it'll be 730 am atleast when you actually get food.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks