Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 12:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

please pm me the number, sir! It will be of great help

cheers
Old 6th April 2009, 21:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Guys, also tuesday will be a lean day right? the last few times I went to shirdi I was there on weekend or thursday!

cheers
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:10   #33
BHPian

Hello People!

Planning to drive down to Shirdi from Mumbai tomorrow. I will be going with my in-laws, wife and two little daughters. Have some basic queries. Please help.

1. What route should I take to Shirdi?
2. How long will it take to reach Shirdi? I am a conservative driver.
3. With two little kids, it is not possible for me to wait in the queue for long (more than 45 minutes or so). They need loo breaks, water, food, etc. How can we ensure a quick darshan?
4. Where should I park my Dzire once we reach Shirdi?
5. How long a walk will it be from the parking lot to the temple?
6. Post darshan, which is a good place (child friendly) to have lunch in Shirdi or outside on the highway?
7. Is it possible to visit any of the Ashtvinayak on our way back to Mumbai from Shirdi?
8. What time is a good time for Darshan (less waiting time)?
9. Shinganapur is also close to Shirdi. How far exactly? What is the attraction? How long does it take to visit it?

Too many questions, I know. But friends, I need to plan in advance with two kids and others depending on me to make it a comfortable trip for them. Any help will be much appreciated.

We plan to start early (around 4:30 am). Reach by 10 am. Darshan by 12 noon. Lunch by around 1:30 pm. Start our return journey. Stop enroute at either at one of the Ashtvinayak. Reach home by 10 pm. Please comment on the plan. Is this do-able?
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
1. What route should I take to Shirdi?
2. How long will it take to reach Shirdi? I am a conservative driver.
3. With two little kids, it is not possible for me to wait in the queue for long (more than 45 minutes or so). They need loo breaks, water, food, etc. How can we ensure a quick darshan?
4. Where should I park my Dzire once we reach Shirdi?
5. How long a walk will it be from the parking lot to the temple?
6. Post darshan, which is a good place (child friendly) to have lunch in Shirdi or outside on the highway?
7. Is it possible to visit any of the Ashtvinayak on our way back to Mumbai from Shirdi?
8. What time is a good time for Darshan (less waiting time)?
9. Shinganapur is also close to Shirdi. How far exactly? What is the attraction? How long does it take to visit it?
1] mumbai-shirdi , two routes a} via nasik-sinner b} via murbad-malshej ghat-alephata-sangamner-shirdi.

2] depend upon you.
3]you can't do much. toilets are there in temple premises and at waiting hall.
4] there are pay and park areas near temple.
5] not more than 5 min.
6] there are some really good hotels but you have to find it.
7] well, if you skip shani shinganapur, you can have darshan of ozar ganapati if you travel back by malshej ghat. you need little detour.
if you want to go shani shinganapur, then also you can have darshan at ranjangaon or ozar but routes will be different for each case.
8] due to summer holidays, already there is rush but morning time is better.
9] at shanishingapur, shanidev temple is there. it is 1.5 hours journey from shirdi toward ahmadnagar and little detour.

i hope, i had cleared almost all points.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 22nd May 2009 at 11:33.
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:09   #35
BHPian

Thanks so much Ashish. You have cleared most of my doubts. Am not sure which route to take though. Would be really helpful if you could please guide me on details of the route. I will be following the Eicher Road Map for my trip. In terms of quality of road, which route is better?

Thanks again!
Dushmish.
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Am not sure which route to take though. Would be really helpful if you could please guide me on details of the route.
1] via nasik - sinner route, upto nasik you will be on nh3.
nasik-sinner, you will be on nh50.
sinner to shirdi, you will be on state highway.

2] via malshej ghat, upto alephata, you will be nh207[number may be diff].
alephata to sangamner, you will be on nh50.
sangamner to shirdi, you will be on state highway.

via nasik, you will encounter lot of truck traffic.
via malshej ghat, traffic is somewhat less and somewhat lonely route. not recommended late night driving on this route.

i recommend, drive to shirdi via malshej ghat. after darshan, drive to shani shinganapur. then shani shinganapur-ghodegaon-4 laned state highway toward nagar-nagar-4 laned state highway towards pune-ranjangaon ganapati[one of ashtavinayak]-shiakrapur-right turn toward chakan-chakan-talegaon dabhade-old nh4 toward lonavala-lonavala-expressway-mumbai.

this will be relatively fast and safe journey fulfilling your motto of darshans at three places with ample food plazas while coming back.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 22nd May 2009 at 12:36.
Old 8th July 2009, 17:49   #37
BHPian

Which route to take?

I might be going to Shirdi this weekend on saturday, Need to know which of the 2 routes are better?
Quote:
Pune- Nashik Phata Highway-35kms- Chakan - Sangamner -60kms (right turn)-40kms- Babalewasher-(Left turn)22km - Shirdi *Total 195 km
Quote:
Pune- Ahmad Nagar - Deolali - Loni - Shirdi *Total 203 Km
Which route is better?

I will be starting early around 4.00 AM from pune and will come back the same day. I stay in Hadapsar & Nagar Road is just 10 min from my residence. Is the 4 lane work on Nagar road is completed also how is the road from Nagar to shirdi.?

*Source: Google Maps
Old 8th July 2009, 18:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

This ones better. How are you going ? Private bus? Your car ?
Last time I went to Nasik, via both routes, the Sangamner one was horrible.
The used to be a nice restaurant on this route. All drivers used to make a pitstop here. Now whats that name ? mmm..Smile stone something. Can't remember.
Old 15th July 2009, 18:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
This ones better. How are you going ? Private bus? Your car ?
thanks pervez. I went via ahmednagar and went by my car.
We started at 4.45 from my place and reached shirdi at 8.30. Avoided most of the city traffic in Ahmednagar and villages. Driving sedatly at 80 Kmph all the time.

We stopped only at one petrol pump for washing my face & tea.

I suggest East pune guys to take this route and start early.
Old 30th September 2010, 16:46   #40
BHPian

Hi Team,

Updating this old thread -

Could you guys please suggest the route from Pune (east) to Shirdi.
I have attached the route map - statehighway 27 & 10 via ranjangaon - a`mdngr - shirdi.

Please let me know the road conditions as its monsoon time. Is it a four lane highway or a single road with bothway traffic.
Planning to go by car, and return the same day.
Attached Thumbnails
What is the Best Time to Reach Shirdi ?-pune_to_shirdi.jpg  

Old 30th September 2010, 17:51   #41
BANNED

If you want to zoom across from Pune to Shirdi, then go via the Nagar road. For a scenic and decently paced drive, choose the Sangamner road. You could go via Sangamner and come back via Nagar as well.
Old 30th September 2010, 18:24   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Hi Team,

Updating this old thread -

Could you guys please suggest the route from Pune (east) to Shirdi.
I have attached the route map - statehighway 27 & 10 via ranjangaon - a`mdngr - shirdi.

Please let me know the road conditions as its monsoon time. Is it a four lane highway or a single road with bothway traffic.
Planning to go by car, and return the same day.
Pune EAST - dont have second thoughts and go via Nagar Road. Though there are some bad stretches after Nagar, you would still avoid crossing Pune city to move onto Nashik ROAD if you have to take that route.

Regarding the time - I think temple is less crowded in the evenings. This may not hold true on Thu,Sat,Sun.
Old 30th September 2010, 18:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

The road from Nagar-Shirdi 4laned state highway is potholed for close to 40-50kms(Rahuri to Shirdi).

The road from Sangamner via Loni to Shirdi is also potholed,so not much of a difference in both the routes in terms of potholes!

If same day return is your criteria,then I would recco the Nagar route.

As for temple rush,I was there last Thu and the rush reduces considerably after the evening arati(around 7pm) and in the mid-morning to afternoon.You have good eating options at the mall opposite the temple,Kailash Parbat/Rajdhani etc.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 30th September 2010 at 18:37.
Old 30th September 2010, 19:56   #44
BHPian

Best day & time to visit Shirdi is Friday about 12.00 to 1.00 PM. This has worked for me in the past i.e. about 8 years back when I was working in Aurangabad. I don't know if it still holds true, i used to go directly into the Girbhagriha at this time ,not much queues.Would like to know from t-bhpians who have visited recently on the latest status
Old 30th September 2010, 20:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Yes,the 12 to 1pm still holds good,the other good time to visit is between 7pm & 8pm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks