Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2011, 21:25   #61
BHPian

Re: What is the Best Time to Reach Shirdi ?

Best time Around Noon on Friday. I used to go there from Aurangabad. I see from the posts that it still is the best time.
Old 27th February 2011, 14:54   #62
BHPian

Planning a trip Bangalore - Shiridi - Thane mid Mar 11 route as follows:
need latest road conditionson the following sectors
Chitradurga - Solapur – NH 13
Solapur - Tembhumi - Jeur - Karmala - Jalgaon - Ahmadnagar
Ahmadnagar - Rahuri - Shiridi
Shiridi - Loni - Sangamner - Jamgaon - Ghoti
Or is it best and faster via Pune - Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 10th March 2014 at 12:13. Reason: Removing font formatting
Old 27th December 2011, 11:08   #63
BHPian

I returned from Shirdi two days back. I did the Darshan on Saturday December 24 in 1 hour 10 minutes. This was at 4 PM.

What I understood from the locals is that the best time to do darshan is aroun 3.30 - 4 PM every day. Also avoid doing darshan at any of the times that the aartis are held.
Old 27th December 2011, 12:50   #64
BHPian

Darshan at Shirdi should be done 2 - 21/2 hours before any Aarti as by the time, aarti is to start, you will be inside the temple infront of the lord.

Also for Senior citizens they have started a seperate line. This would help elderly people a lot.

With the 100 Rs ticket being introduced, darshan can actually be completed in an hours time.
Old 27th December 2011, 13:43   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
With the 100 Rs ticket being introduced, darshan can actually be completed in an hours time.
Hello gauravdgr8 - could you please elaborate a little more on the 100 rupee ticket? Where does one get it and what is the advantage? Thanks.

I had visited Shirdi in October and we went in for Darshan at 6:30AM on a Monday morning. There were not too many people and we could complete our Darshan within 30 minutes. Thursday always attracts the biggest crowd followed by the saturday and sunday.
Old 27th December 2011, 14:55   #66
BHPian

here you go

https://online.sai.org.in/landingPage.do

You can book Darshan timings both for Arti and Darshan as well as accommodation at there Dharmshala.

I visited Shirdi in Nov. and used both of the above options. The dharmshala is very clean and secure with lots of parking space.

Once you have the booking ensure that you keep the printouts of the email confirmations for the same. You would need to deposit the printout to get your tickets. There is a PRO office on Gate 1 of Shridi Mandir where you will get the passes against the online bookings for Darshan and Aarti. Once you have the passes follow the signs to VIP queue.
arishi1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 16:12   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
Hello gauravdgr8 - could you please elaborate a little more on the 100 rupee ticket? Where does one get it and what is the advantage? Thanks.

I had visited Shirdi in October and we went in for Darshan at 6:30AM on a Monday morning. There were not too many people and we could complete our Darshan within 30 minutes. Thursday always attracts the biggest crowd followed by the saturday and sunday.

Hi Arka, on gate no 1 you can get the Rs: 100 tickets. They are available except for thursdays. Once there you can easily get the tickets.

You can also book the tickets online as mentioned by Arishi.

Have a nice stay.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 14:37   #68
BHPian

I will be reaching Shirdi sometime around 5:30 in the evening (Delhi to Kopargaon via Karnataka Express, which reaches at 4:30 and then another hour to Shirdi) and want to leave for pune immediately after darshan the same day/night.

Travelling with wife and kids, is there a satisfactory Volvo bus operator which has a bus departing at about 9 in the evening or later? I tried redbus.in but the last bus there is at 7 which I think is too tight.

Also, if bus doesn't work out, I would take a taxi. Is travelling overnight by taxi safe in this stretch? A taxi should cost me about INR4000..is that right? Any contacts available for Volvo/Taxi operators would be of great help.
Old 10th February 2014, 15:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post

Travelling with wife and kids, is there a satisfactory Volvo bus operator which has a bus departing at about 9 in the evening or later? I tried redbus.in but the last bus there is at 7 which I think is too tight.

Also, if bus doesn't work out, I would take a taxi. Is travelling overnight by taxi safe in this stretch? A taxi should cost me about INR4000..is that right? Any contacts available for Volvo/Taxi operators would be of great help.
If you have contacts in Pune,then I would suggest that you ask the Pune cab to come pick you up from Shirdi as irrespective of hiring a cab from Pune or Shirdi,you would have to pay to and from fares.
Old 10th February 2014, 15:32   #70
BHPian

Quote:
I will be reaching Shirdi sometime around 5:30 in the evening (Delhi to Kopargaon via Karnataka Express, which reaches at 4:30 and then another hour to Shirdi) and want to leave for pune immediately after darshan the same day/night.
That sounds a really tight schedule. If possible, you might want to make a halt in Shirdi and leave early morning for Pune. But that depends on how urgent it is for you to reach Pune. Having been to Shirdi umpteen number of times, tight schedules may not work. The darshan might take more time that what you might think. Also, time to have dinner has to be accounted for.
Old 11th February 2014, 10:23   #71
BHPian

Thank you both.. it looks like it will come down to either of the two things.

The friend who I am visiting in Pune shall send a cab to pick me up, should take care of pressure of missing a bus or something.

Or

There is a train from Kopargaon which leaves at 12 midnight and reaches Pune in the wee hours.

Dont want to stay overnight at Shirdi as next day, by late evening, I have to be in Bombay having visited my friend in Pune.
Old 11th February 2014, 11:28   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you both.. it looks like it will come down to either of the two things.

The friend who I am visiting in Pune shall send a cab to pick me up, should take care of pressure of missing a bus or something.

Or

There is a train from Kopargaon which leaves at 12 midnight and reaches Pune in the wee hours.

Dont want to stay overnight at Shirdi as next day, by late evening, I have to be in Bombay having visited my friend in Pune.
Cab from Pune should be the preferred option.
Old 9th March 2014, 16:44   #73
BHPian

Quote:

Buses from Indore to Pune cross Shirdi from 01.45 Am (Paulo Travels) onwards. Though i am sure KSRTC / MST do have volvo/Luxury buses in the night , if you prefer state transport i.e.
Old 10th March 2014, 07:22   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How would you account for the fact if Karnataka Express gets delayed? 4:30PM Arrival time means, keep a buffer till at least 9-10PM for your darshan to get over.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 13:38   #75
BHPian

To complete a long pending religious commitment, planning to make a to Shirdi from Chennai by car. Me and my friend will be driving in his Ford Fiesta.

So Few Queries.
* What is the best route? * How long will it take? * How many breaks will we need?
* Which is best time to visit? (we dont mind travelling on weekday provided we get a hassle free trip & darshan)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks