Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 16:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Dev,

I might also be heading down there tomorrow. Not yet decided as to a early morning drive or a leisurely, afternoon darshan and back, drive.

Will update you once I am decided.
Old 1st April 2010, 16:01   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi,
I m planning to go to Puttaparthi tommorow. Anyone interested to join me is most welcome. It will be a one day trip. I plan to leave Blore in the morning and come back by evening.
Since its a holiday, you may see lot of crowd. Not sure, if you would be able to get darshan the same day. If you can get, that would be good.
Old 2nd April 2010, 23:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Back from Puttaparathi and:

- Some one from NHAI seems to have got some sense back. All humps on the NH7, except for those on the signal at Nandhi hills and the next junction. So, no more surprises!

- Crowd was the lowest I have seen till now.

And for people still in doubt of the turn to take, check out this sign; hard to miss!

Bangalore to Puttaparthi : route advice-100_5095.jpg
Old 5th April 2010, 07:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Returned from Puttaparthi after a 3 day trip! The roads are excellent, even after the deviation from NH7. As Happy Wheels has put up already, there is a prominent sign now, just before the deviation, so no one can miss it.

We had a good meal at Kamath Upachar, which is around 7 kms after crossing Chikkaballapur, while travelling from Bangalore to Puttaparthi. Of course, one rarely needs to stop on this journey, as the whole stretch takes just 2 to 3 hours (depending on your location in Bangalore), on account of the good roads!

Thanks to all for the route guidance
Old 19th October 2010, 15:26   #35
Team-BHP Support

Guys any idea of State Transport or private buses to Puttaparthi?
I checked KSRTC. Options are pretty limited.

One Volvo (Airavath) at 9 in the morning and few red coloured buses (basic ones) in the afternoons.

Any other options?
Old 29th January 2012, 00:07   #36
BANNED

Re: Bangalore to Puttaparthi : route advice

Just came back from a day trip to puttaparthi :

Bellandur (ORR) -> KR puram -> hebbal -> puttaparthi ashram
km : 175
time taken : 2hrs 25 mins
driving : constant 90 on NH43 ; constant 70 on puttaparthi road
NH43 : concrete slabs stick out 1/2 feet on the 'diversions' until airport; with mad cab drivers for company; smooth all the way after airport
puttaparthi road : very sparse traffic; beware of dangerous crests (WRC style); in between the road is incomplete (sand/mud) for ~0.5 km, rest smooth.

Onward was starting 0545 & return was starting 2045; both directions taking exactly the same time.
Old 28th November 2013, 15:21   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Just came back from a day trip to puttaparthi :

Bellandur (ORR) -> KR puram -> hebbal -> puttaparthi ashram
km : 175
time taken : 2hrs 25 mins
driving : constant 90 on NH43 ; constant 70 on puttaparthi road
NH43 : concrete slabs stick out 1/2 feet on the 'diversions' until airport; with mad cab drivers for company; smooth all the way after airport
puttaparthi road : very sparse traffic; beware of dangerous crests (WRC style); in between the road is incomplete (sand/mud) for ~0.5 km, rest smooth.

Onward was starting 0545 & return was starting 2045; both directions taking exactly the same time.
Thanks for sharing this. I am also planning a day trip on coming weekend.

Is everything easily coverable in one day? Any attractions that I must not miss?

Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 06:59   #38
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I am also planning a day trip on coming weekend.

Is everything easily coverable in one day? Any attractions that I must not miss?
Not sure if you only meant places to visit at Puttaparthi but on the way you can also add a visit to Lepakshi (deviation from NH7 soon after you cross Karnataka side), there are several threads with more details of the place.
Old 29th November 2013, 13:32   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Not sure if you only meant places to visit at Puttaparthi but on the way you can also add a visit to Lepakshi (deviation from NH7 soon after you cross Karnataka side), there are several threads with more details of the place.
Thanks for your response.

I will add Lepakshi to the route. Is it possible to cover both Lepakshi and Puttaparthy in a day from Bangalore?
Old 29th November 2013, 16:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Thanks for your response.

I will add Lepakshi to the route. Is it possible to cover both Lepakshi and Puttaparthy in a day from Bangalore?
That will be tight, still manageable. It's not the distance, but the time you spend at these places that matters, specially at Puttapparthy.

Visit Lapakshi and reach Puttapparthy by 4PM. Attend the evening Bhajans & return. Bagalore - Puttapparthy is around 160 KM that you can easily cover in 3 hours.

I suggest you to stay overnight. Hotel Rooms are relatively cheaper. Take part in the evening & morning bhajans & return by afternoon.
Old 9th February 2015, 19:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

How is the road condition beyond NH-7 to Puttaparthi? I checked the route in google maps and got this route - https://goo.gl/maps/89Ssr. Is it the correct place to take the diversion from NH-7? It's been around 15 years since I visited there and have completely forgotten the route.

I'm planning a day visit on some weekend. Planning to visit the Samadhi and the museum. Is there a proper place to park the car?
Old 9th February 2015, 20:14   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I'm planning a day visit on some weekend. Planning to visit the Samadhi and the museum. Is there a proper place to park the car?
Yes thats the route. When I visited last, it was quite good. But my visit was quite some time back. Pointers:

- Drive till toll booth at Bagepalli.
- After Bagepalli is where you exit.
- Now how to find the exit? Look for Raxa Academy on to your left. The exit is 2km after the academy. There is a board indicating Puttaparthi.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 21:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Yes thats the route. When I visited last, it was quite good. But my visit was quite some time back. Pointers:

- Drive till toll booth at Bagepalli.
- After Bagepalli is where you exit.
- Now how to find the exit? Look for Raxa Academy on to your left. The exit is 2km after the academy. There is a board indicating Puttaparthi.
Thanks for the pointers. Any idea about the parking facilities at Puttaparthi? Do they allow the day visitors cars inside ashram premises? Back then I remember that they were allowing the vehicles of people who had an accomodation inside the ashram.
Old 9th February 2015, 21:50   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Thanks for the pointers. Any idea about the parking facilities at Puttaparthi? Do they allow the day visitors cars inside ashram premises? Back then I remember that they were allowing the vehicles of people who had an accomodation inside the ashram.
No idea on that part. I stayed overnight and parked on the street near the hotel where I stayed.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 19:09   #45
Senior - BHPian

Friends, any idea how to reach Muddenahalli (Sai Baba old ashram)? I could trace the route on Google maps upto the left turn before Chikkaballapur. After that it looks confusing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks