Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 18:19   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore-Ooty-Munnar route and other information

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post

Further, have my company holiday home in Ooty situated next to Rohini Cinema. Anyone got an idea where is Rohini Cinema? Could not find it on Google maps.

Cheers
Bangalore-Ooty info can be found here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...y-road-21.html
Old 3rd November 2011, 01:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I will be driving down to Ooty in Dec around the 15th. Will be 2 couples in the Palio MJD.

Can anyone give me an update on the current condition of road between Mysore and Ooty. Also, does the usual Blr-Mysore-Ooty route make sense or is it better to go via Kanakpura-Chamrajnagar-Ooty. Will all be day driving. My recent experience with traffic on Blr-Mysore road was horrendous to say the least.

Further, have my company holiday home in Ooty situated next to Rohini Cinema. Anyone got an idea where is Rohini Cinema? Could not find it on Google maps.
Kanakapura-Malavalli-Kollegal-Chamarajnagar-Gundlupet-Bandipur-Theppekkad-Masinagudi-Ooty is what I'd recommend any day. Much better than going via Mysore. The travel time from Nice Road-Kanakapura Rd junction to Gundlupet should be around 3 hours, and Gundlupet-Ooty should be around 3 hours as well.

Google says Rohini Cinema is in Kandal. In which case you need to take a right turn at Finger Post junction, which is about a km or two before you reach Charing Cross. Check out Google maps for Kandal, Ooty.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 10:03   #63
BHPian

Kala: Thanks!

Now, it seems like you have driven there before, wanted to ask you whether its a good idea to have a stop over at Bandipur (or Madumali) sanctuary on the way back. I did check Jungle resorts but, found it out of budget. If its a good idea, can you suggest something to stay at Bandipur.

Cheers
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:31   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kala: Thanks!

Now, it seems like you have driven there before, wanted to ask you whether its a good idea to have a stop over at Bandipur (or Madumali) sanctuary on the way back. I did check Jungle resorts but, found it out of budget. If its a good idea, can you suggest something to stay at Bandipur.

Cheers
You're welcome.

Not aware of any other places in Bandipur, but there are plenty of resorts in Masinagudi at different budget levels - sorry can't recommend any since I haven't stayed there in the recent past.

Now that night safaris are not allowed (I think), it doesn't make too much of sense to stay in the Bandipur / Mudumalai area either. I prefer to stay in Ooty and drive down to Mudumalai during the day time, after all it's only 30-35 kms. (You sometimes do get to see some wildlife at nights even in the Masinagudi area near the resorts like wild boars or the odd elephant or bison, but nothing like what you get to see inside the sanctuary)
Old 1st April 2017, 02:11   #65
BHPian

Need an update of the Road condition of this Route:-

Munnar to Ooty:-

Udumalpet - Munnar Rd, Udumalpet - Palladam Rd, Kamanaikenpalayam - Annur Rd, Annur - Avinashi - Mettupalayam Rd/Mettupalayam Ooty - Total 240 kms - This route is fastest as per Google.

There's another route with a slight deviation from Udumalpet - Pollachi - Malumichampatty -
NH 83. This route goes closer to Coimbatore, but bypasses - Total 261 kms - This route is slower by 24 mins. as per Google.

Need to know the actual time consumed based on Traffic. Need the fastest route. Travel will begin after 8:30 am from Munnar.
Old 1st April 2017, 14:17   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Need an update of the Road condition of this Route:-

Munnar to Ooty:-

Udumalpet - Munnar Rd, Udumalpet - Palladam Rd, Kamanaikenpalayam - Annur Rd, Annur - Avinashi - Mettupalayam Rd/Mettupalayam Ooty - Total 240 kms - This route is fastest as per Google.

There's another route with a slight deviation from Udumalpet - Pollachi - Malumichampatty -
NH 83. This route goes closer to Coimbatore, but bypasses - Total 261 kms - This route is slower by 24 mins. as per Google.

Need to know the actual time consumed based on Traffic. Need the fastest route. Travel will begin after 8:30 am from Munnar.
I recently did Ooty to Munnar (third week of March), and took the first route. I just looked at my timeline in Google maps, and it took me 235 km 6hr27m. The roads are good through out with some small bad patches but nothing concerning. Stopped at Taj hotel in Udumalpet for lunch. The scenery became better and better as we approached Munnar. With some spots simply breathtakingly gorgeous. But since you'll do Munnar - Ooty you'll hit those spots first.
RubberSideDown is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks