Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2008, 17:54   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Option 1 it is then.

We land on 7th morning. Sunday, 8th i am busy till 5 PM. I think that would be perfect time for my wife to go shopping. And our return flight is on 17th evening. Would like to have some time on 17th for the Bangkok Duty Free. I've heard so much about it. So those two days will take care of whatever shopping we intend to do.
KingPower DF is no more remarkable than Dubai. There is a lot more to shop outside the DF than inside.

We will plan an agenda (off the public eye) with all KINDS of excitement for you and your wife. Then you can reward the forum with a picture travelogue.

Kopkoon Krap. Sing it baby. lol

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 13th May 2008 at 17:56.
Old 13th May 2008, 19:19   #32
BHPian

Sam bhai ! you are truly a distinguished BHPian. Ever ready to help fellow BHPians. Keep it on man .
Old 13th May 2008, 20:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Sabai di mai Yeti'ji ? I need to brush up my Thai, please help

Quote:
My wife and I both like to take the road less travelled... stay off the beaten path.

So please keep the suggestions flowing in.
Same here, Im a foot soldier and prefer getting under the skin of place than being a tourist!

Also check out Koh Tao, very secluded and at this time of the year also good for diving. Im planning sometime there too
Old 13th May 2008, 20:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Man don't remind me of Bangkok.

That was my favourite destination before marriage.
been there 7 times in the past 4 years and 5 were before marriage. The place still still has something new each time I visit. The Food, shopping, and ... is great. One time before marriage I decided to go at a days notice with a friend of mine. Those were the good days cheers:

For hotels I have always used Hotel Discount Reservations Worldwide - By Agoda
They are once of the cheapest and never had a problem. Used the site for hotel reservations in Bangkok, Pattaya, KL,Malaysia, Bali & Singapore. Always works like a charm. And incase you have any issues they have a 24x7 chat system.

For night life info you can use www.bkktonite.com
At one time I used to check this forum more regularly than I used to check my emails

Another site for general info on Thailand is Home - Thaivisa.com
Old 13th May 2008, 21:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
KingPower DF is no more remarkable than Dubai. There is a lot more to shop outside the DF than inside.

We will plan an agenda (off the public eye) with all KINDS of excitement for you and your wife. Then you can reward the forum with a picture travelogue.

Kopkoon Krap. Sing it baby. lol
Well Dubai aint no Bangalore either na... u know what they say, "saawan ke andhe ko... "
But, anyplace to get a good bargain is a good place. As far as clothes are concerned, we are not planning on carrying too many. Will buy enough to get us through once we get there.

I will try my best with the picture travelogue. Needless to say, it will not hold a candle to your travelogues.
Old 13th May 2008, 21:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Something for folks who are Thailand bound to read upon, but Bangkok specific :

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
Old 13th May 2008, 23:15   #37
Team-BHP Support

Pattaya, hire a super bike and ride around. Coral island is good time pass, and do some snorkeling, sea bed walking and a paraglide over sea while at that.

Evening hit the shacks and have a nice beer and watch the fun
Old 14th May 2008, 12:21   #38
BHPian

In Phuket I suggest you stay at the Hilton Resort and SPA, my better half and I stayed there last nov and my bo is staying there is summer, the king size delux room with bfast should not cost more than 3500 THB a night and it is worth WAYYYYYYYYY more than that located on a quiet beack ret yr self a scooter and explore ... .
Old 14th May 2008, 18:20   #39
BHPian

Also take a look at this site. Might help you pack better
Old 15th May 2008, 08:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you enjoy partying? Nightlife on islands?

Even though you may not partake, the thai woman on hire culture is most enjoyable and interesting, even from an academic POV.
Anyone squeamish, prudish?

Lastly, how old you you and your Mrs?
You can learn a lot about women, economics and ancient cultures at places like this. And a lot of them will throw in the vitamin enriched soap at no extra charge, they say.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I meant 1 to 7, they have more women than men is what I wanted to say.
Oh really, that is interesting! Maybe I should go and fill the void
Old 24th June 2008, 15:50   #42
BHPian

@Amitoj: We're eagerly waiting for your travelogue, you're not getting away that easy . Atleast post some pics to whet the appetite till you find time.
Old 24th June 2008, 16:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
@Amitoj: We're eagerly waiting for your travelogue, you're not getting away that easy . Atleast post some pics to whet the appetite till you find time.
Guilty as charged!

Have been neck deep with work in office and outside office as well. So please forgive this small update.

First and foremost, i must thank the TBHP's in-house travel expert, Sam Kapasi aka Yeti for pointing me in the right directions and doing the best he could do to help me out with last minute travel arrangements, that too when he himself was on his way to Goa, about which we all have already read and enjoyed.

Following are a few snaps i clicked when i was not too busy enjoying the trip.

One (out of the many) things that i will not forget from this trip is the sunset on the Patong beach the day we reached Phuket.

Ten Days in Thailand. What to do/see/go?-img_1857a.jpg

The clear waters, clean beaches, cool breeze makes you think this must be heaven

Ten Days in Thailand. What to do/see/go?-img_1917a.jpg

My first experience of snorkelling! Now i can proudly say "Amitoj swam with the fishes and lived to tell about it."

Ten Days in Thailand. What to do/see/go?-img_1997a.jpg

And last but not the least, how could i not take a picture of this marvellous beauty?

Ten Days in Thailand. What to do/see/go?-img_1702.jpg

I'm sorry but thats all i have time for right now. I will try to add more pics and details over the weekend.

Cheers!
Amitoj
Old 24th June 2008, 17:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Good one there Amitoj! So you definitely had fun and a deserved vacation and keep them coming. If not a detailed travelogue, just mention some finer points from your travel experience as it might benefit nerds like me who plan to travel there
Old 24th June 2008, 17:14   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

One (out of the many) things that i will not forget from this trip is the sunset on the Patong beach the day we reached Phuket.
Indeed, one of the most dramatic skies I have seen in my life.
You are very welcome. Glad I could help (in whatever small way) and very happy that the two of you had a nice time in beautiful beautiful Thailand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks