Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 19:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
One (out of the many) things that i will not forget from this trip is the sunset on the Patong beach the day we reached Phuket.
Thats an excellent snap Amitoj. Definitely wallpaper material. Looks like the sky is on fire. Superb i must say.
Old 24th June 2008, 20:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Amitoj, what a wonderful teaser!
Hope you enjoyed all the FOOD that they sell just about everywhere! Don't know any of the names - I always politely walked around and pointed to what others were eating, to place my 'order'!
Old 25th June 2008, 12:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

The trip was so memorable that i decided to get my second tattoo there:

Ten Days in Thailand. What to do/see/go?-img_2063a.jpg
Old 25th June 2008, 12:43   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The trip was so memorable that i decided to get my second tattoo there
Nice one Amitoj. Although dragons are very common choices for tattoos it still is a rage. This one looks pretty deep and nice. Take care.
Old 20th August 2008, 10:53   #50
BHPian

Help ! Please ...

Guys, am off to Thailand on my Honeymoon and could do with some help since it seems to be one of Team-Bhp's favorite destination .

To start with, this is my Itinerary. the Dates are not flexible since I've booked my flight tickets.

Arrival at Bangkok - Sep 3rd (morning)
Deaprture from Phuket to Singapore - Sep 10th (morning)
Departure from Singapore to Bangalore - Sep 14th (evening).

We need some pointers on Accomodation and Places to visit/Things to look out for. I've gone through this thread and searched the Internet but then there's always nothing better than hearing it from someone who's 'been' there.

Option 1:

Bangkok - 2 Days
Phi Phi Islands - 3 Days
Phuket - 2 Days

Option 2:

Bangkok - 2 Days
Pattaya - 1 Day (to probably catch the shows)
Phi Phi Islands - 3 Days
Phuket - 1 Day (which I know would be totally insufficient but there's always the next time, right)

Regarding Accomodation, shortlisted the below

Bangkok - Le Fenix (2161 THB per night)
Phi Phi Islands - Phi Phi Island Village Resort and Spa (3600 THB per night)

Phuket - Coral Island Resort (1650 THB per night)
Pattaya - haven't decided ... will depend on which Option you guys recommend.

The Singapore part of the plan is being handled by our friend out there, so that's no problem. But do help me with things to do in Thailand. Would really appreciate the help since I've got to lock onto some sorta plan by tomorrow.

Am also not sure of how this ferry thing works (from Phuket to Phi Phi Islands), it says 4000 THB for 2 people (round trip) - looks like the hotel handles transfer only during peak season (by private boats). Now what happens if I miss these public ferries (only at 8:30, 1:30 & 2:30), would taking a private charter work out to be too expensive?
Old 6th June 2009, 14:18   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'll be in Thailand for ten days in June
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I do know more than the average bear about thailand.

What are you going for? Holiday or work? Will you be alone, with friends or family? I can help you with advice on anything.
Reviving an old thread after a year, since I'm headed to Thailand for 10 days like amitoj. Arrival BKK June 25 6am, departure BKK July 4 11pm. Accompanied by wife, 11 year old daughter and mother-in-law!

Just the flight tickets done. No itinerary set/hotels booked at all yet, but one of the trips we want to do is to the Tiger Temple at Kanchanaburi. Wildlife and zoos, sea creatures, some beach (Phuket was suggested), a train ride and a spot of shopping (not till we drop!) are also on the agenda.

Budget: Minimal but not shoestring.

Please help and guide.
Old 6th June 2009, 14:30   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Accompanied by wife, 11 year old daughter and mother-in-law!

.....(Phuket was suggested),
Hey, Doc, good to see the back is behaving and you're headed out!
I'd say that if there are no American Warships docking there that day, you'd be better off at Pattaya rather than at Phuket. Cheaper and you'd have much the same choices.
If possible, try for the Northern Highlands. That is 'blind' advice because I've never been there, but, by all accounts it is the best part of Thailand.

Quite frankly, with ten days at hand I'd just as well spend the major chunk at Bangkok itself! I love that city!
If you love food the way I do, you'll agree!
Old 6th June 2009, 18:10   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
If you love food the way I do, you'll agree!
You bet I love food! Strictly the non-veg variety though!

But the Tiger Temple is something I want to visit, and cannot find too much information on, except just this one website - TIGERS at TIGER Temple Tours Thailand Tiger Temple Floating Market Death Railway Hellfire Pass. Hoping to get more information from members who may have been there earlier.
Old 6th June 2009, 18:24   #54
Senior - BHPian

Please visit Pat Pong in Bangkok with out fail.
Old 6th June 2009, 21:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Please visit Pat Pong in Bangkok with out fail.
Which one? One, two or three?!!
Yes, there are categories, depending on what you are looking for!
Old 7th June 2009, 09:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You bet I love food! Strictly the non-veg variety though!

But the Tiger Temple is something I want to visit, and cannot find too much information on, except just this one website - TIGERS at TIGER Temple Tours Thailand Tiger Temple Floating Market Death Railway Hellfire Pass. Hoping to get more information from members who may have been there earlier.
Check this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-vacation.html

Hope it helps.

Hire a cab only if you have time constraint. Else you have buses from Southern Bus terminal. Once you reach Kanchanaburi, can take taxi. Better to get the taxi for to & fro. Becasue difficult to get a empty taxi during return.

I paid 2000Bhat from Sukhomvit to Tiger temple and back. So, it should be less than this for sure

Have fun.
Old 7th June 2009, 15:26   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
It certainly does. The info about the bus system was great. Have also left a note on your thread. Thanks a million again...

We were also planning to also take in the sights of the Bridge on the River Kwai, and go to Chiang Mai too, to a place called Tiger Kingdom. Any information about Chiang Mai, and accommodation there? Might decide to spend a couple of nights there.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 7th June 2009 at 15:29.
Old 12th October 2009, 20:18   #58
BHPian

Where in Thailand?

Gentlefolk,

I am going on a short trip to sydney and am flying via Bangkok. I would like to break my journey in BKK for 2 nights/3 days on the way back and seek advise on where to go. I would Ideally want to be at a beach resort, with a bit of sight seeing and local walking etc.,visit temples for two days would like to relax in the resort for about a day or so of the three days, get some thai massage may be.

Please bear in mind that my flights are in and out of Bangkok so travel to and from BKK has to be factored in.

May the suggestions pour in.

Many Thanks
Prasad

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th October 2009 at 20:45. Reason: Please use Search before opening new thread, Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 11:56   #59
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ten Days in Thailand. What to do/see/go?

planing a week long trip to thailand around june end with wifey .
need advice, suggestions and tips from you guys .what to do and what not to .
Must visit places etc
Old 5th May 2011, 12:24   #60
BHPian

Re: Where in Thailand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadka View Post
Gentlefolk,

I am going on a short trip to sydney and am flying via Bangkok. I would like to break my journey in BKK for 2 nights/3 days on the way back and seek advise on where to go. I would Ideally want to be at a beach resort, with a bit of sight seeing and local walking etc.,visit temples for two days would like to relax in the resort for about a day or so of the three days, get some thai massage may be.

Please bear in mind that my flights are in and out of Bangkok so travel to and from BKK has to be factored in.

May the suggestions pour in.

Many Thanks
Prasad

Prasad:

Good beaches are not the thing if u stick to BKK. You will need to go to phuket / krabi for really good beaches.

Pattaya is an hour away by road but its not an ideal beach resortish destination.

However if you are going to be in BKK instead do stay at Sukhumvit which will be kind of the heart of the city with lot of local markets, close connection to the metro rail, good restaurants etc. You could find rooms on asiarooms.com or even look at the hotel on asiarooms.com and see if the direct hotel site gives you a better deal.

Keeping base of BKK you can visit Grand Palace and Wat Arun they are almost opposite each other. You could visit floating market as well. An evening trip to Pattaya and back is also good if you just want to see the nightlife and walk around Walking Street a little (I personally feel this is overhyped) but what the hell its ok for the exp.

If you want to just enjoy walking around you could take a metro rail to Siam go around the mall do some shopping if you like. Walk back tracing the metro rail towards sukhumvit, I guarantee you will see some lovely sights.

The other attraction is the Cabaret which is like a couple of hours musical show in the evening which is very interesting and nice to see.

Quote:
ms001
Re: Ten Days in Thailand. What to do/see/go?
planing a week long trip to thailand around june end with wifey .
need advice, suggestions and tips from you guys .what to do and what not to .
Must visit places etc

MS001 all the above you could do but since you have an extra few days fly to Phuket or go to Krabi take a beach facing room and take it easy there. I personally like Phuket but I know of another friend on t-bhp who would suggest you going to krabi. Anyways you can again book rooms like above. My suggestion would be Fly to BKK Take connection to PHKT finish phuket for 3 days or so go do some watersports if you are someone who likes some adventure, then return to BKK take a couple of days there and probably one day in pattaya then fly back home from BKK.

Have a good vacation !!!
bandlimitedlife is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks