Team-BHP - Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/43110-bangalore-shivanasamudra-route-queries-3.html)

Bharachukki Falls

Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-falls1.jpg

Gaganachukki Falls
Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-falls2.jpg

Pictures were taken around 5 PM.

Carmania,

Pictures look beautiful. Must have been very enjoyable watching the falls.

How are the road conditions beyond Maddur?

@prabhusati:
Thanks! Yes indeed, it was a treat for the eyes. I have been to the falls a couple of times earlier, but this was the first time I saw them in full glory.

The road conditions have improved a lot from what they were last year. I was warning my passengers about the hellish ride, but never encountered the 1st/2nd gear territory. The bad roads have all been patched up and they are relaying the surface along the road.

Im planning a trip tomorrow. Falls seems to be in its full bloom!

What are the activities that one can do there? Like boating, swimming, etc.

From the posts it looks like there are no good eateries around. Which is the closest place to find good food? I know of Kamat or even Maddur Hotel on highway, any other place for lunch or good snacks?

Also, are there any other place around which we can cover in one full-day trip?

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmania (Post 1401722)
The road conditions have improved a lot from what they were last year. I was warning my passengers about the hellish ride, but never encountered the 1st/2nd gear territory. The bad roads have all been patched up and they are relaying the surface along the road.

Did you travel through the Kanakpura Road? Or went via Mysore road till Maddur?

Quote:

Originally Posted by devrajman (Post 1409964)

What are the activities that one can do there? Like boating, swimming, etc.

From the posts it looks like there are no good eateries around. Which is the closest place to find good food? I know of Kamat or even Maddur Hotel on highway, any other place for lunch or good snacks?

Also, are there any other place around which we can cover in one full-day trip?

We did not venture down as I was with my 9 month old. During the other times that I visited, there were coracle rides offered. The current is too high to take that risky ride.

:OTThe Tourism Dept. should consider "Maid of the Mist" option there.

Food, the best bet would be to pack from Home. Next best would be on Mysore road.

You can probably cover Talakad, Somanathapur on a day's trip. (Too late a response for your question :D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindamray (Post 1410062)
Did you travel through the Kanakpura Road? Or went via Mysore road till Maddur?

We took the Mysore road.

I did Shivasamudrum and Talakkad this weekend. Roads are good almost the entire distance to Shivasamudrum with occasional rough patches after Malavalli. Talakkad road is bad for 7-8 km. Water Falls are quite good and you can see Kaveri "flow" in Talakkad. the facilities in Talakkad are also better now

I had been to Shivanasamudra on Saturday too! Falls were it its full glory!

We been to Gaganchukki View point, Gaganchukki Darga View and Bharachukki.

We started at 9:30 in my Zen and my cousins Esteem (total 6 people). Reached Gaganchukki View point at 12:30PM with a break at KAMAT. Later proceed to Gaganchukki Darga point. We had lunch on the way near a river bank. Was cool and had fun.

Reached Gaganchukki Darga Point and took bath in falls. Was amazing. Felt like a spa treatment! ;-)

Later we went to Bharachukki Falls. We didnt go down as we were already exhausted. Falls were amazing. Had tea and some bhajis there.

From Bharachukki Falls we visited two temples, one of left and other on right. Left for Bangalore at 7:30PM and reached home at 11:00PM with a long break at McDonalds between Maddur and Chenpatna for dinner.

Overall was great..as mentioned road were a rough at places (but can surely ignored).

Pics in Order:
1)Gaganchukki View Point (falls on left : Zoomed)
2)Big Tree @ Gaganchukki View Point : Parked our car under it
3)Gaganchukki View Point (falls on left)
4)Gaganchukki View Point (falls on right)
5)Place were we had our lunch, its some on the way from Gaganchuki to Bharachukki
6)Gaganchukki Darga Point (falls on right)
7) On the way from Gaganchukki Darga Point to Bharachukki
8) Gaganchukki Falls overall
9) Gaganchukki Darga Point (falls on left : zoomed)
10) On the way from Gaganchukki Darga Point to Bharachukki

Hi All,

Had been to Sivasamudram on Independence Day with friends. Ride was on my friends WagonR which is a recent posession and aim was to gain him confidence in driving the car (He was not driving since long time). Totally unplanned trip.

Day was cloudy with few drizzles, Started from EC by 7AM through NECE Road and reached Maddur around 8:30AM. Had heavy breakfast from Maddur Tiffanys and headed to Sivasamudram in an hours time. Reached Bharachukki by 10:30AM. It was a glory (but not in its best) and we spent almost an hour and started back to Gaganchukki with few stops on the way for sight seeing.

Reached Gaganchukki by 12:30 noon but we got disappointed with the maddening crowd being a public holiday. Started back to Maddur in less than an hour and reached Tiffanys at 2:30PM for Lunch. After an hour break started to EC targetting to reach by 5PM but luck was not in our side. Some political procession ate 90minutes flat extra before Ramanagaram moving at below 10KMPH. Reached EC by 6:30PM.

Roads are excellent till Maddur and upto Shivasamudram is also good expect few bad stretches (maybe <5KM overall). Easily motorable to any small cars.

Total travel was around 270KMs from EC and back. Excluding breaks 2hours 30mins onward and 4 hours back due to road block.
NECE road is almost complete till Mysore road with only one diversion through a narrow road and a small crossing in Magadi road. Toll is around 45 bucks one side.

Forgot to tell, there was a White Porcshe Ceyenne parked in Maddur Tiffanys and got a chance for a close look when driver was cleaning the vehicle.

Note :
1) Watchout for the unscientific humps on Sivasamudra road from Maddur, keep left since these humps are wornout on left.
2) There are localites who are waiting to loot money from tourist on the way to both falls, stop to them only if you could not avoid doing so (these guys hijack the road).
3) Maddur Tiffanys is a good South Veg stop, decent and affordable.
4) Guzzlers watch out for cops on the way near Sivasamudra.
5) Try to start early and avoid holidays to enjoy the beauty. Else crowd will be maddening.
6) If entering temple compounds, ensure you keep your footwear back in the car.
7) Be very carefull in the narrow concrete path leading to Gaganchukki, its very slippery and hardly two vehicle can pass.
8) Petrol pumps are available in Sivasamudra area so no panic even if your reserve light blinks. But better to fill it in Mysore road.
9) Be very very careful if you plan to play in water. Even Micheal Phelps cannot survive the underpull of water here.
10) Avoid litters as much as possible to keep this scenic beauty virgin.

@jacs - Thanks for the road update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacs (Post 1435392)
NECE road is almost complete till Mysore road with only one diversion through a narrow road and a small crossing in Magadi road.

From EC (Electornics City) to Mysore road through NICE road, you must have crossed "Bannerghatta Road" - not the Magadi road.

Anyone travelled to the falls in the recent past through Kanakpura Road?

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to visit Shivanasamudra falls this Monday, Sept 21. Has anyone been there recently and how forceful is the gush of the river? Wanted to check if it is worth visiting...

This is the first time I'm visting and how's the crowd on a holiday like the coming Monday?

Please advise. Thank you!!

OK. We visited Shivanasamudra yesterday and the falls were just AWESOME. The water was at a mad, mad gush. Pics will be uploaded this week. So, anyone planning to ge there, go ahead and do it before September ends. Cheers!

Took Kanakpura-Malavalli route. Roads are good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andescondor (Post 1496850)
OK. We visited Shivanasamudra yesterday and the falls were just AWESOME. The water was at a mad, mad gush. Pics will be uploaded this week. So, anyone planning to ge there, go ahead and do it before September ends. Cheers!

Took the Malvalli - Shivanasamudra route. Road is decent. Yes, decent, when compared to the stretch near 'Hangala' village enroute to Bandipur (as of Jan 2009). lol:

Im planning to go on Sunday. Any body been here lately? Hows the water Flow?